What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

Also watched fate/stay night with the anime society at my uni, and while it is incredibly stupid, it was enetertaining I guess. Sort of. The main character kinda ruined it for me.

You should watch Fate/Zero, the MC is FAR less stupid....OK, admittedly that isn't saying much, but it's really good, I mean it!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I marathoned Spice & Wolf in a couple of days (which admittedly isn't too hard, considering it's only 13 episodes long). Going into it, I didn't actually expect to like it very much at all. It didn't have enough HOT BLOODED SHOUNEN ACTION for one thing. The medieval setting did stir my interest though when I was initially considering whether or not to watch it. It's wierd, normally I find that setting to be rather trite in video games, but when it comes to anime, I embrace it with open arms. Although Spice & Wolf is more Reccetear than Final Fantasy. I like how the story is more believable, as aside from the wolf deity, Holo (who is like the best character, so I don't even give a fuck), it all seems like something that could actually happen; although I suppose with a show like this, if the characters were lame, it wouldn't be much fun to watch at all...So, it's a good thing they're not! Our Hiro Brotagonists, Kraft & Holo, are super well developed and can't be easily stereotyped. The side characters are all actually pretty well done as well, even if they don't have the screentime. I also like how there are no real villains, even though there are clearly people who antagonize our beloved heroes at certain points in the story.

So yeah, I really liked it and stuff. Maybe I should watch the sequel.

So yeah, I really liked it and stuff. Maybe I should watch the sequel.

Hell yeah you should. Easily one of my favorite anime of all time. And I agree with your point of 'not enough action'. I thought it'd be really boring, but turns out it was so good. I don't even know why I ended up liking it so much. But I did.

Just because I don't see a manga thread I'm stoked for chapter 51 tomorrow (or whenever)

thoughts on chapter 50

RIP Hannes ;_;

GET FUCKED CHUCKLES WOOHOO

Red Fox recommended Samurai Flamenco to me. If you've seen Kickass and liked it, this is the anime for you.

Then, I recommend you One-punch Man. If you have seen kickass and liked it, you will totally love this manga. Plus, it's rare to see a bald main char nowadays.

So I'm rewatching Fate/Zero and holy shit this is like the best anime evar, I'm just appreciating it even more on my second time (watching it on a NOT iPHONE screen also helps).

I'll just quote my post in the TV series thread since it fits here. lol

Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal atm. I can't believe I stopped watching it a long time ago. I picked up where I had left off after seeing an episode on TV (I didn't know they still aired any Yu-Gi-Oh on TV, I never could find any. Yet I saw an episode from the original series and then one from Zexal right after) and I was instantly really interested in continuing it!

Astral was always my favorite character in this one. <3 I tend to like the "sidekick" type characters the most, but Astral is just awesome. Despite that only Yuma can communicate with him for a long time, he goes through so much growth and development and he's so interesting that it's amazing. He starts off as robotic in character and rather serious, but over time, he learns to feel more emotions and he starts to smile. He also learns of friendship and bonding. And of course, he learns all about Yuma's world. Another thing, some of his "observations" and some other things he says make me crack up so hard! It's so surprising how a guy like him can be so freaking FUNNY! XD

"This would be observation number 19. Yuma is as bad a driver...as a duelist."

"Yuma, I'm curious. Do you plan to tick off anyone else today?"

"Yuma, you are embarrassing me. And I'm invisible."

Just. LOL. There was another comment Astral made early in the show about how Yuma acts with girls, but I can't quite remember how it went. But it was just priceless too. XD Astral also reminds me of Fi from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Though there's one big difference between the two. While Fi is very knowledgeable and knows her purpose from the start, Astral basically doesn't know much of anything, not even much about himself when he first shows up. He was definitely made to be extremely well developed. I also like that though he guides Yuma in dueling and helps him improve a lot, Yuma also guides him at the same time. They learn and grow together, making their eventual strong friendship quite realistic.

Yuma himself is pretty hilarious and unique among the Yu-Gi-Oh main heroes though. He's the only one that starts off as a pretty pathetic duelist, the only one with a known sibling, and the only one with more than two syllables in his last name. And surprisingly enough, he's even less serious personality-wise than Jaden from Yu-Gi-Oh GX (which I thought was impossible lol). Yuma also has more known family members than the others. We see his sister, grandmother, and both of his parents. I also think he's the youngest main protagonist so far (though not by much). So yeah, I really like Yuma too. :)

Right now I'm watching High School of the Dead, and when I'm done I'll continue with One Piece (ep. 48), and eventually continue Fairy Tail. (ep. 89)

I need opinions, is Fairy Tail worth watching anymore? I'm beginning to have my doubts.

Edited by Mr. Haar

• 3 weeks later...

Been on a Korean drama craze for the past couple months; the only anime I spared any time for was Dangan Ronpa and the occasional episodes of Hanasakeru Seishonen that my sister tied me down to a chair to watch, and now I feel like getting into a new anime (while I wait for the new Funimation dub of Kamisama coming in February, yay!).

Got some recommendations to watch Stein's;Gate and Inu x Boku SS. Are they any good? I'm not typically a hard person to please overall...but I'd like to know just the same.

Been on a Korean drama craze for the past couple months; the only anime I spared any time for was Dangan Ronpa and the occasional episodes of Hanasakeru Seishonen that my sister tied me down to a chair to watch, and now I feel like getting into a new anime (while I wait for the new Funimation dub of Kamisama coming in February, yay!).

Got some recommendations to watch Stein's;Gate and Inu x Boku SS. Are they any good? I'm not typically a hard person to please overall...but I'd like to know just the same.

Steins;Gate is god tier.

Inu x Boku is a decidedly average entry, but I was entertained. I didn't like Inu that much, but Boku was pretty swell.

I've just started Legend of the Legendary Heroes.

Seems pretty OK so far.

Other than that, I need to finish Fairy Tail, and, because I feel obligated to completely watch any anime I start, Free! (D=).

Then, my friend is also pestering me to watch Magi....

Steins;Gate is god tier.

Inu x Boku is a decidedly average entry, but I was entertained. I didn't like Inu that much, but Boku was pretty swell.

After watching 2 episodes, I can already easily agree. Haven't watched something this good in a long time (and with 24 episodes; none of this 12 or 13 episode bullcrap that keep coming out nowadays)! I'll get to Inu x Boku soon, but my gosh, I'm really loving Stein's;Gate only 2 episodes in. Okarin is such a riot! So funny! XD

Edit:

Make that 13 episodes now.....holy pancakes, I officially love this show! Even though things seem to be taking a darker turn now, I really liked how the story manged to balance plot and humor effortlessly. Every moment and line of every episode has been a treat to watch and listen to. I especially love Okabe and Kurisu's "witty" (read: dorky) bantering; always makes me laugh and smile, along with the rest of the humorous characters.

But oh gosh, this turn of events starting the second half; I dunno how emotionally painful its gonna be to get through it, it hurts to watch already....poor kids.....

Edit Edit: Ok, I spoilered it if people think it's necessary. :<

Edited by Silver Lightning

After watching 2 episodes, I can already easily agree. Haven't watched something this good in a long time (and with 24 episodes; none of this 12 or 13 episode bullcrap that keep coming out nowadays)! I'll get to Inu x Boku soon, but my gosh, I'm really loving Stein's;Gate only 2 episodes in. Okarin is such a riot! So funny! XD

[spoiler=13 episodes now]Edit: Make that 13 episodes now.....holy pancakes, I officially love this show! Even though things seem to be taking a darker turn now, I really liked how the story manged to balance plot and humor effortlessly. Every moment and line of every episode has been a treat to watch and listen to. I especially love Okabe and Kurisu's "witty" (read: dorky) bantering; always makes me laugh and smile, along with the rest of the humorous characters.

But oh gosh, this turn of events starting the second half; I dunno how emotionally painful its gonna be to get through it, it hurts to watch already....poor kids.....

I think you should... um... spoiler some of that

Yes, I think the mere mention that the series takes a darker turn in the second half is a spoiler. I, for one, never expected it to turn out like this and was really shocked at the end of episode 12.

Edited by Lævateinn