What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

Umineko is probably the strangest case of being loaded with flaws yet still entertaining, and not even in a so-bad-it's-good way.

Guilty Crown is terrible. Psycho-Pass and Jormungand are good, but not great.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, what's with the Guilty Crown hate? Is it really that bad? >_>

Well, imo the first half is watchable, but the last half... You're better off watching Code Geass if you want a more epic, yet similar story (Code Geass is really great)

Also, the ending of GC is ... Pretty bad I'd say

Guilty Crown was pretty bad, but I really liked the music.

And I don't really see how GC is similar to Code Geass(except for the fact that Code Geass second season is also worse than its first. At least the second season is saved by the finale)

Guilty Crown was pretty bad, but I really liked the music.

And I don't really see how GC is similar to Code Geass(except for the fact that Code Geass second season is also worse than its first. At least the second season is saved by the finale)

Its made by the same person I heard. He lost the 'geass spark' after writing code geass.

I was actually surprised how much I liked it - surely not perfect, but the slow pace and worldbuilding worked well.

Same I have so many complaints about it. But I just really liked it for some unidentifiable reason.

So I just finished watching Toradora

I was really surprised with some of the elements and events in it, and the OST was pretty balanced and appropriate. Even the ending threw a few unexpected curveballs (that maybe I needed to read the Manga to fully understand) but it didn't leave much in terms of unanswered questions. I mean, the general story was expected, but the side characters were more developed than I expected.

Finished watching Space Dandy recently. Obviously, it didn't start with a bang, and there were some flaws in some of the episodes (I can certainly understand if someone is soured on the series after watching episode 1 to 3), but in the end, I thoroughly enjoyed it and had some great laughs along the way and it really ended on a high note.

Can't wait for Season 2. The wait for July is gonna be a long and hard one.

Edited by Hawk

I just finished the Super Sonico the animation. I was disappointed that we still don't know why she always wears those headphone.

Edited by kingddd

I've been wanting to start that. What is it like?

My friend is obsessed with it. She has like her desktop, phone wall paper...everthying hetalia themed.

So I just finished watching Toradora

I was really surprised with some of the elements and events in it, and the OST was pretty balanced and appropriate. Even the ending threw a few unexpected curveballs (that maybe I needed to read the Manga to fully understand) but it didn't leave much in terms of unanswered questions. I mean, the general story was expected, but the side characters were more developed than I expected.

Toradora is one of the better love comedy animes out there. Partly because it managed to end in less than four seasons, or even end at all!

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

My friend is obsessed with it. She has like her desktop, phone wall paper...everthying hetalia themed.

Should I expect something like a Polandball comic, more serious depictions of international relations or both?

PS: Switzerland is best at neutrality and Pacific island nations are best at isolation.

Toradora is one of the better love comedy animes out there. Partly because it managed to end in less than four seasons, or even end at all!

Would you suggest any others that fit into Toradora-quality? I have a gut feeling that the infamous "Holy Trinity" is where I should head to find similar anime, but there has to be something other than those?

I just finished the Super Sonico the animation. I was disappointed that we still don't know why she always wears those headphone.

Shh...We don't talk about that.

They are a part of her.

We also don't double post. Use edit and multiquote.

I just recently bought Lupin III, the Woman Called Fujiko Mine so I am going to be rewatching that.

On another note, is Robotics;Notes worth buying? I really loved Steins Gate and enjoyed the first half of Chaos Head so I'm thinking about buying it. Any input would be appreciated thanks!

Would you suggest any others that fit into Toradora-quality? I have a gut feeling that the infamous "Holy Trinity" is where I should head to find similar anime, but there has to be something other than those?

Toradora is the best at doing what it does, so its hard to find something was the same exact distribution of romance to comedy. So I decided to just list down everything.

Monogatari series~~

But other than the 'holy trinity' I can recommend Spice and wolf (less romance but in better characters)

Kaichou wa maid sama (this one is probably closer, but I wrote S &W first because I liked it so much)

Key animes if you want romance/drama/comedy. (Angel beats and Clannad are the only ones I've seen but im sure Air and Kanon are just as good) 10 bucks says you already watched them

Stiens;Gate The romance kicks in pretty late, but its still good. Time travel anime that you also probably already watched.

Itazura na kiss (This one is quite shoujo but It goes all the way to marriage and having kids, not many animes do that, i think it is it's only redeeming quality)

Chobits (It has a very interesting concept)

World god only knows

If you happen to enjoy still airing shows then Nisekoi (25-24 ep series), though since I cant see the future, I dont know if it will end.

Though eventually check out the holy trilogy eventually because some are pretty good if you manage to watch 4 seasons of the stuff.

This isnt really my field so I asked my sister too

My sister suggests (Dont blame me)

Kamishama Hajimemashita

Baka to test

Sakurasou no pet na kanojou

Mayo Chiki (Its probably not what you are looking for but its fun to watch?)

Special A

Apparently Golden time is good too, I dunno.

Edited by Akinaoki