What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Rereading Patrs 1,2,3,4 and part of five the rest I haven't read yet.

Edited by Korosensei

Came across Happiness! in YouTube, so I'm checking that right now. I also checked out Macross Delta briefly today, crazy show, but not my type of crazy. I'll be going back to finish Kekkai Sensen soon as well, I have not watched the finale. Also, still following Iron-Blooded Orphans, which I'm not so sure how to feel about right now.

Monster. So far its better than Death Note. I also love the way it incorporates history into its story.

Is it as good as 21th century Boys? If it is, im watching it.

Comparing Monster to Death Note is a felony in several countries.

I bet they're all republics.

Is it as good as 21th century Boys? If it is, im watching it.

I would unfortunately not be able to tell you, as I have not seen nor heard tell of 21st century Boys.

I would unfortunately not be able to tell you, as I have not seen nor heard tell of 21st century Boys.

It's from the same author, Naoki Urasawa, like most of his works, it's a mystery, it's probably one of my favorite manga ever, and Naoki himself is one of my favorite japanese authors, the only reason i haven't read Monster yet is because it apparently starts to drag ut at the second half.

Edited by OakTree

I bet they're all republics.

Joke's on you, they're all monarchies.

It's from the same author, Naoki Urasawa, like most of his works, it's a mystery, it's probably one of my favorite manga ever, and Naoki himself is one of my favorite japanese authors, the only reason i haven't read Monster yet is because it apparently starts to drag ut at the second half.

I wouldn't say it's any worse than 21st Century Boys when it comes to length. Monster is paced perfectly and I really wouldn't like to see it go any faster or slower. It's a mystery that builds up slowly, which I think helps in putting the pieces together so it's one of its strengths, and none of the parts ever felt like Urasawa was padding the story just so he could have more volumes. It's all very meaningful.

I'll have to check it out then. Also I wouldn't be able to give you am opinion on that either, as I am only on episode 13.

I just recently got into Abine so I am a little behind the curve. I still watch the dubs due to the fact that sometimes I just listen to the anime while doing something else. I am currently watching Arslan, Fairy Tail, was watching Is this a zombie, and now Spice and Wolf. I really enjoy the economic, trading talk in Spice and Wolf, and was the reason I continued watching the show. I also watched Toradora recently and finished that. Is this a zombie was a little weird, but I liked the parody like humor to it. Fairy Tail is just fun to watch because of the characters, and I like the more serious tone to Arslan, probably why I like spice and wolf so much too. Also tried PASWG, which was just too much. It was funny at times, but it tried too hard with some of its humor.

Edited by Tolvir

currently giving most everything that's showing up this season a try, except the shorts and sports anime. I haven't watched anything impressive yet, waiting for that show that makes me want to tune in week after week.

Slam Dunk. I like it. The music is great.

I've heard good things about this series. I might have to check it out

Hella of dramatic at some points, I can tell ya. However, it offers a very, deeply realistic human narration. Highly recommended if you look for some good psyche-drama with some deep and meaningful message behind it.

But I must warn you that it isn't very 'edible' to read like any manga. This is NOT your typical reading just to kill some sparse time, it can be thoroughly tough and you would quite easily reject such hardship to endure because of the density can reflect at times ... there is strength in what expresses through some real difficult situations the protagonist, and many other characters, have to deal with and endure, like any real human in real life, even just like us.

The demency of punpun's evolution (the main character), expressed by this simple image while the whole series transpires:

tumblr_mlj8bnhr3i1qegob8o1_500.jpg

A single example about its own artistic brilliance.

Edited by Edrall

CHIHAYAFURU

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT COMPLETELY PASSED BY ME LIKE WHAT FIVE YEARS AGO?

HOLY CRAP IT'S SO GOOD

IT'S LIKE HIKARU NO GO STARING NODAME.

With the new season, I've watched Erased, Active Raid, Myriad Colors Phantom World, and BBK/BRNK so far, and I'm waiting to see what else comes out. I actually just watched BBK/BRNK's first episode and it looks like the Awakening cutscenes; it even has Yuusuke Kozaki as the character designer. I think I'm also going to watch Garakowa -Restore the World- and AOKANA: Four Rhythm Across the Blue. I plan on eventually watching One Punch Man, Gate, Charlotte, Is the Order a Rabbit?, and some other things I can't think of, but I always put off it off because I'd be binge watching a series the whole day and I'd be doing nothing else.