What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

Watched the end of the SA Arc of Gintama. Best Shonen Ever.

I've never been a big fan of anime or manga, and up until recently I only really enjoyed two: Death Note and Attack on Titan.

And then, of course, like the rest of the world, I watched One Punch Man. It's one of the most hilarious yet strangely exciting series I've ever seen.

Go read Mob Psycho 100, it's by the same writer, and also his main work that he puts more effort into (And it shows). (And hey, you like mystery right? Then go read all of Naoki Urasawa's works, he managed to remake a freaking Astro Boy story into a Seinen mystery sucessfully, also, you like AOT? I thought you had very harsh tastes)

Edited by OakTree

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched the end of the SA Arc of Gintama. Best Shonen Ever.

Go read Mob Psycho 100, it's by the same writer, and also his main work that he puts more effort into (And it shows). (And hey, you like mystery right? Then go read all of Naoki Urasawa's works, he managed to remake a freaking Astro Boy story into a Seinen mystery sucessfully, also, you like AOT? I thought you had very harsh tastes)

You believe AoT was bad? I hope it's not because of the fact that it got really popular? IDK if there's a term for this but I see this happen all but to much in just about every community.

I'm tryna get into Durarara ATM though..

You believe AoT was bad? I hope it's not because of the fact that it got really popular? IDK if there's a term for this but I see this happen all but to much in just about every community.

It's not bad. It's just overhyped. It's a pretty normal manga that somehow managed to climb up to the ladder of fame and fortune.

I don't think AOT is bad.

I find it to be mediocre, the mystery and politics parts of it are pretty interesting, but the main meat of the story, the horror, fails a lot.

I don't think AOT is bad.

I find it to be mediocre, the mystery and politics parts of it are pretty interesting, but the main meat of the story, the horror, fails a lot.

I know right. How about adding a super powerful character who can defeat several titans in a row? Oh wait, the manga have at least 3 or 4 of them already. How about adding some weird ass character who totally out of place in such a bleach and serious manga? Oh wait, the manga have at least dozen of them already. How about making zombie able to control, how about making human can transform into zombie and retransform as they want, how about making major zombies actually human playing around all along? God damn it! This manga insults every tropes of horror genre.

Unless the mangaka has the ball to kill Misaka or Levi and let everybody just go on instead of spending 5 chapters to lament their death then I see no reason to read AoT.

Edited by Magical CC

The term often used to describe those types of people today is hipster (i.e. I don't like X because it's popular or I liked X before everyone else did, but now that they do I don't).

To answer the question Boku dake ga Inai Machi. I went into it thinking there was no way it could live up to the hype (people giving it 10 out of 10 ratings when they had only seen the first one or two episodes) but after watching the first four episodes I can understand why the vast majority of ratings were 9 and 10.

Edited by Xander

I'm in the CP9 arc of One Piece; it's so intense it's distracting me from getting my FE playthroughs done lol

Im not the biggest One Piece fan (In fact, i still need to catch up on like, 150 chapters), but i would recommend you to switch from Anime to Manga after Enies Lobby, that arc had the best animation and pacing on a show that was only decent until then, however, after the arc both of these things take a nosedive in quality.

I decided to watch Boku Dake ga Inai Machi , also known as ERASED, as the first anime for this year. It's general plot is of mystery and constant time travelling. It's pretty good so I recommend it to anyone who likes some good mystery or constant back and forth time travelling. Any other recommendations for this season guys?

Im not the biggest One Piece fan (In fact, i still need to catch up on like, 150 chapters), but i would recommend you to switch from Anime to Manga after Enies Lobby, that arc had the best animation and pacing on a show that was only decent until then, however, after the arc both of these things take a nosedive in quality.

Oh, hey just saw this now (and in fact just finished the Enies Lobby Arc -- sort of, I've got a little bit left to go but they are back on Water 7). Could you elaborate a bit more here? Did the anime really get that bad? I mean like I quit watching Naruto Shipudden after Pain because I thought it was just stupid how

everybody came back to life

but hopefully nothing that bad?

Oh, hey just saw this now (and in fact just finished the Enies Lobby Arc -- sort of, I've got a little bit left to go but they are back on Water 7). Could you elaborate a bit more here? Did the anime really get that bad? I mean like I quit watching Naruto Shipudden after Pain because I thought it was just stupid how

everybody came back to life

but hopefully nothing that bad?

This should answer your questions.

Edited by OakTree

• 3 weeks later...

Just started watching RWBY. It is alright, it gets a little too silly sometimes for my taste, but the style is interesting enough to keep me going. I like that its art style and character design is a little more "grounded" than some of the others out there, though the weapons are some of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen. Its got an interesting concept behind the story, and has a bit of a Harry Potter feel to it. I have only seen the first 8 or 9 episodes so far. Not sure if its counted as "anime" though, people tend to get a little picky as to what is anime and what isn't.

Edited by Tolvir

Just finished re-reading it, and i must say, Pluto is still good after all these years.

Just got done with One Punch Man pretty good stuff. Hoping the creator continues with it.

He is.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished Digimon Adventure Tri Film 2. Now waiting not so very patiently for September 24th for Film 3.

Just started watching RWBY. It is alright, it gets a little too silly sometimes for my taste, but the style is interesting enough to keep me going. I like that its art style and character design is a little more "grounded" than some of the others out there, though the weapons are some of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen. Its got an interesting concept behind the story, and has a bit of a Harry Potter feel to it. I have only seen the first 8 or 9 episodes so far. Not sure if its counted as "anime" though, people tend to get a little picky as to what is anime and what isn't.

IMO, RWBY isn't really 'anime' so much as it is an 'anime-inspired show'.

Anyways...

Recently I've been watching part 2 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (the one with Joseph Joestar) and holy shit, it's such a fucking blast to watch

Can't wait to get to Stardust Crusaders