What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely following JoJo part 4 right now. I intend to start watching the AA anime, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D and Dimension W anytime soon, too.

AA anime first episode get! Only real complaint is this: how fucking hard would it have been for the subversive to just substitute in the character's English names? Other than that I'd say it does a good job at capturing the games, and the sub thing is hardly the show's fault.

I'm nearly at the end of Shiki and so far it is really good. It is slow as fuck at first but once it gets going it is amazing. I just finished the first OVA and it is probably the bets OVA I have ever seen. I genuinely cried during many moments.

I pretty much stopped watching anime a long time ago but I had a friend who was bugging me to watch Haikyuu and I hate to admit that it's literally the best anime I have ever seen. (Okay that's a lie but it's really good.)

It's been forever since I've been in the forest. Anyways I just finished watching Madoka Magica and the third movie Rebellion.

That was an amazing trip, probably one of the best animes I've seen in forever. Next I'm going to watch Jojo's thanks to a reddit friend bothering me about it.

I don't really watch much anime at all anymore, but I've picked up 2 this season because they're both "must watch" shows for me...

The Ace Attorney anime just had its first episode this past weekend. It's a lot of silly fun, basically exactly what I expected. Lots of references to the game (including use of certain facial expressions, etc.), with other new stuff thrown in (I guess I never really thought about how Phoenix gets around between places during cases since we know he doesn't drive, but it was still kind of hilarious to see him biking around). If I have any complaints, it would be the gratuitous GCI of the courtroom, but eh, it's minor.

Also, Sailor Moon Crystal has just started its 3rd season with the Infinity Arc. This season is soooooo much better than the first two already, lots of improvements in animation and art quality, and we're already seeing more attention being given to the other characters not named Usagi and a lot more characterization and personality injected into the show in general. The Infinity Arc (known as S in the original anime) is definitely my favourite part of the Sailor Moon story, so I'm super pumped for the remaining 12 episodes and looking forward to seeing where it's going.

Been a long time since I could really keep up with any manga (the problem with having too many hobbies... and having to spend money on grown-up things like groceries instead of buying endless books), but thanks to Netflix, I'm getting back into checking out anime again. Currently I'm watching Fairy Tail with my sister-- she thought the title sounded cute, and I never say no to anything with a cat mascot character. I don't normally really like getting into those adventure series that can go on and on, but I'm liking it so far.

jojo 4 is so good it'll probably be my all time fav by the end hold me

tho

7>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Edited by Gaia

I've been group watching Yakitate Japan recently with some friends

I have to keep reminding myself it's an anime about bread baking because holy shit

things in that show go a bit nuts

it's like Shokugeki no Soma/Food Wars in terms of the over the top without all the ecchi

One Piece is the only currently airing one I'm watching, even with such a lengthy list to get to with constant updates thanks to all these good looking new series. I'm also re-watching Reborn! (my favourite Shounen show) with my partner while watching both together. Plus reading through Berserk and Claymore from where the animes left them off.

AA anime first episode get! Only real complaint is this: how fucking hard would it have been for the subversive to just substitute in the character's English names? Other than that I'd say it does a good job at capturing the games, and the sub thing is hardly the show's fault.

Actually, that is an option! All you need to do is right-click on the video as it's playing and select an option that looks like "English subs [alt]" or similar. The alt track has the English names in all their punny glory~

And sorry for the late reply orz

• 2 weeks later...

I've been watching the AA anime, and it has been a disappointment tbh. The pace is rushed, some details are omitted, Wright seems to be reading a walkthrough from the way he responds to the prosecution's points not even breaking a sweat. As a consequence, it hurt the mood and story details badly.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

I spent last year arguing about how dusty, conservative "canon literature" was in fact enjoyable to read on its own merits, and was being held back by the pressure people feel when friends/critics/schoolsystem forces them upon us with the highest of expectations. Even believing that, and knowing this anime is a slow burn, I still think the opening episodes do a horrible job representing this show. It's much better when it's character driven rather than heroics driven, and looking at two corrupt societies becomes fascinating after awhile.

It gets better, but it's definitely pushing my stamina, even more than Letter Bee....

I was going to watch Phantom:Requiem for a Phantom later, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to marathon it as a break from LOTGH, since the full 160~episode +movies is just so overwhelming. I did hear it had a bad ending, but whatever.

I haven't bothered to watch Jojo part 4's anime yet, but I watched the OP and ED, and they actually used "I Want You" by Savage Garden.

Blast from the past man. I've seen a Sheer Heart Attack version and I still prefer Savage Garden's.

Finished reading Steel Ball Run recently, it was incredible, best Jojo part for me.

Johnny and Gyro have excellent dynamic for both serious and comedic moments while also being awesome characters by themselves, the fights and Stands were interesting and Valentine is an excellent villain.

My biggest complaints are probably the side-characters, outside of Lucy Steel, Hot Pants and Diego, most of them felt too underused, and with a few exceptions (Mainly Ringo and Sugar Mountain, if you count her) the minor villains are also a step-down compared to the ones from say, Part 4 and 5, also.

Finished reading Steel Ball Run recently, it was incredible, best Jojo part for me.

Johnny and Gyro have excellent dynamic for both serious and comedic moments while also being awesome characters by themselves, the fights and Stands were interesting and Valentine is an excellent villain.

My biggest complaints are probably the side-characters, outside of Lucy Steel, Hot Pants and Diego, most of them felt too underused, and with a few exceptions (Mainly Ringo and Sugar Mountain, if you count her) the minor villains are also a step-down compared to the ones from say, Part 4 and 5, also.

I didn't like part 5 but i'll agree about part 4.

Honestly SBR has probably my second favorite villain - right after part 4's.

Never really planned on picking up Gundam IBO when it started airing cause I lost interest in Gundam at the time

I'm watching right now though, it's actually pretty good