What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

Finished reading the currently available chapters of Jojolion.

I really like the focus on mystery that this part has, it will definetly be a blast to binge-read when it ends, the side characters are full of potential (Except Joshuu, he can go die in a hole for all i care) and dare i say, but i find the new versions of Josuke and Kira to be more interesting than the old ones.

My only problem is that there are currently 53 chapters, and the story still feels like it has barely started, and i have a fear that the side characters will be underused just like in Steel Ball Run, thankfully, as i said, the story still feels as if it hasn't properly started yet, so maybe we'll see more of the other characters in the future.

Edited by OakTree

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I started watching Digimon Tri on Crunchyroll and I am really loving it. I was a big Digimon fan when it was on the Fox Box and I watched every episode until they changed all the characters, then I stopped watching but Tri has all the original characters I loved in it and is really good. It makes me feel old though because they made it for Digimon's 15th anniversary.

• 2 weeks later...

I know Im late to the series, but Netflix only recently aquired Your Lie in April. God fuck me for watching this emotional trainwreck. I rarely watch slice of life/romance anime but I was hooked by the exceptional art style. Now I can't stop thinking about the ending. So fucking sad I can't get past it. Any suggestions to something that won't rip out my feels and put them through a wood chipper?

Binge-watched Konosuba and Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, the former was hilarious and i recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind some cruelty in their humour, if i were to give it a score, it would be a very strong 8/10, the latter was good, but lacking in some areas (Mainly, the pacing and a lot of missed opportunities in the plot), i would give it a strong 6/10, when the second season come and i give it a rewatch on it's entirety, i might bump it up to a 7/10.

I know Im late to the series, but Netflix only recently aquired Your Lie in April. God fuck me for watching this emotional trainwreck. I rarely watch slice of life/romance anime but I was hooked by the exceptional art style. Now I can't stop thinking about the ending. So fucking sad I can't get past it. Any suggestions to something that won't rip out my feels and put them through a wood chipper?

I haven't watched Ore Monogatari yet, but i heard it's made 80% of fluff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://myanimelist.net/manga/86981/Yakushoku_Distopiary

Yakushoku Distopiary. I would recommend to anyone that's looking for a manga with shonen, horror, or an anti-hero archetype. It's kind of depressing how underrated this series is, but at the same time completely understandable given the infrequent release schedule which can lead to waiting for months just for a set up chapter. I just hope it gains some traction soon so people will continue to translate the chapters.

I'm watching Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress.

my god its so much better then attack on titan, a series ive been following manga wise since the beginning

Finished Space Patrol Luluco, Anime of the Season for me by far, and the ending was incredible.

Also, more of a question but should i watch Re;Zero? It seems to be very popular and well-liked, but i have personally never been fond of these "Bland audience-insert protagonist gets trapped in a game/game-esque-world and gets a harem" kind of shows, but is this one the exception?

Edited by OakTree

Also, more of a question but should i watch Re;Zero? It seems to be very popular and well-liked, but i have personally never been fond of these "Bland audience-insert protagonist gets trapped in a game/game-esque-world and gets a harem" kind of shows, but is this one the exception?

that's not what it is lol

that's not what it is lol

Really? That's a surprise, just seeing the main artwork and the synopsis were enought to make me go "Oh it's gonna be one of those shows right?" and keep my distance from the show. I guess i'll try the first episode later then.

I dunno if it's following but I keep rewatching Fate/Zero for a story. I need to get characterizations down pat.

Kirei why must you be so delightfully complicated?

I tried watching Re:Zero but I couldn't get into it and just stopped watching from episode 4.

I watched Kinzaiver and Tanaka-kun is always listless last month , which were great

Am currently hyped for DanganRonpa 3 End of Hope's Peak Academy and can't wait for it

In the meantime I'm having my brain messed up by serial experiments lain

Really? That's a surprise, just seeing the main artwork and the synopsis were enought to make me go "Oh it's gonna be one of those shows right?" and keep my distance from the show. I guess i'll try the first episode later then.

little bit late but yeah it definitely seems that way at the beginning but it's definitely doing a good job of subverting the stereotypes in the genre

actually, in the more recent episodes the discussion has mostly been about how big of an asshole the mc is and just how he fucked up so bad, and watching him suffer so much is really a great departure from the norm

For anyone else who's following Berserk, Chapter 344 dropped today and there'll apparently be another one this month. It's weird to see it updating at all, but I'll take what I get!

Masou Gakuen HxH ( Airing ) ---> Japan is beginning to loose original ideas.

Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai ( Airing ) ---> I don't know why but so far the Jojo series has made me excited for the next episode.

Beelzebub ( Rewatch ) ---> Wanted to get myself a good laugh.

Sinbad no Bouken ( Airing ) ---> So far its okay.

Danganronpa 3 Mirai-hen and Zetsubou-hen ( Planned ) ---> Nothing to say yet.

ReLIFE ( Planned ) ---> There are two anime series with a Re ( Uuurrryyyy.... no ) on their title; this one looks promising.

Just finished Another, was pretty eh up until the finale

Finished season 1 of Chunibyou, pretty charming. Gotta get around to season 2 eventually

Re:Zero, watched most of it with my cousin then rewatched it when my sister was getting into it. Most recent episode (15) fucked me up pretty hard, I hope Subaru gets over Emilia and sees the amazing girl right next to him.

I'm currently watching through Diamond is Unbreakable (JoJo's), Samurai Flamenco, Nozaki-kun and Macross Delta.

Recently finished Sakamoto, which was a pretty fun series, and revisiting the original Gundam series. Still gives me chills for whatever else I've gotta return to in terms of this huge (700+ hour) backlog.