What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I started watching the Zestiria anime and it's been pretty good for the first two episode. Apparently it's made by Ufotable and people are hyped for it, but I'm just watching it to see if the story is changed or to see what is added on. If you've played the game, it further details events before the story which is pretty nice. The anime also should detail the next game, Berseria, so I can't wait to see what awaits.

Just finished Necromancer and would recommend it only to fans of the Jigoku Shoujo or Franken Fran series. It was certainly worth reading, but I hate that the author didn't have the balls to go with a tear jerking ending, and instead went the unsurprising happy ending route.

Is there anything in the same vibe as a Flying Witch this season? I definitely could use some more of that.

Haven't picked up anything new this season, just continuing with Jojo and Re:Zero so I decided to work on some of my backlog by continuing Dennou Coil and Gintama and probably starting Hyouka.

Did anyone watch the latest episode of Re:Zero? Shit is intense. I think even on the Gamefaqs forum, that one episode have over 150 post about the latest episode.

yeah it was great, already loved this show last season but if this episode was a sign for things to come this second half should easily top it

i'm probably looking forward to it more than jojo at this point even with the amazing job davidpro have been doing with DiU (which is my favorite part in the manga)

For anyone else who's following Berserk, Chapter 344 dropped today and there'll apparently be another one this month. It's weird to see it updating at all, but I'll take what I get!

I intend to watch the anime because for some reason I forgot about Berserk completely shortly after I started reading it (stopped at the beginning). Maybe it was because I also started reading Claymore (which I hope also gets a new anime adaptation, but it seems unlikely). I wonder if it's good.

My anime list is filled with "plan to watch" animes, I just need to stop distracting myself and get right to it.

Recently read Crime Zone, and though it was a fairly average and generic shounen with the exception of a female lead, it was a very entertaining read regardless, it's a shame the author decided to drop the series presumably because he couldn't think of how to move the story forward (not like anyone was reading it for the story in the first place).

Well I finally ended up getting the first three Black Butler manga and my friend gave me one of Neon Genesis Evangellon manga. I am also reading some Bleach manga. I need to watch Only Yesterday and I am currently rewatching Saiyuki which I love.

Forgot to mention in my last post, but I've been watching Kabaneri with my sister. Pretty good, loving that early-mid 2000s feel to it.

Still watching Re:Zero, tuning in every Sunday and hating time for not being quicker.

i've started watching Danganronpa 3: End of Hope's Peak Academy , both Mirai-hen and Zetsubou-hen. I'm enjoying them so far.

I also read a manga recently called Love/Death , a yuri manga about two Yanderes dating each other. It's pretty funny and also short , so you can pretty much read it in a day.

• 2 weeks later...

Gessellschaft Blume. While t's the webcomic that Yakushoku Distopiary originated from it's like reading an entirely different piece with all of the changes they made and all of the melodrama that wasn't included. That said, I can't wait for two arcs down the line when the good part starts, assuming the series isn't either A) cancelled at this rate or B) rushed for fear of cancellation.

Still watching JoJo. Just got into Prison School. That series sucked up literally two days of my life while I read through all the chapters. Now, I'm waiting anxiously for the next chapter to be released. Also, going to start another manga called Kingdom.

I intend to watch the anime because for some reason I forgot about Berserk completely shortly after I started reading it (stopped at the beginning). Maybe it was because I also started reading Claymore (which I hope also gets a new anime adaptation, but it seems unlikely). I wonder if it's good.

My anime list is filled with "plan to watch" animes, I just need to stop distracting myself and get right to it.

depends on the anime

recent one i haven't heard anything good about and i watched one episode to see shitty animation

and casca is like whiter then i am in it some reason

its better to read the manga imo

welcome to the nhk is an old one that I rewatched parts of after being reminded of it

i remember watching it when I was like 15 or something and it's still fucking weird and depressing and I'm not sure if I would call it 'good' (and i'm pretty sure it doesn't even intend to be 'good') but i don't think any other piece of fiction had the themes that made me think about life and mental health as much.

it's pretty much a visible anime fever dream - which satirizes and condemns many parts of anime culture itself. it's a shame I don't think it was very popular, but considering the themes that most pieces of fiction shy away from, I'm not entirely surprised. and its technical aspects are pretty terrible, even for being a decade old.

Edited by Tryhard

• 2 weeks later...

Just marathoned through Stein's Gate Anime (dubbed), after watching a full LP of the Visual Novel. Afterwards I even saw the IBM-sponsored shorts, the OVA that follows the anime, and then movie (subbed only) that follows after it. Speaking of the movie, I was going nuts when they included two short nods to the VN that was not included in the anime (one was a character's ending and the other is how things happened in the VN instead of the route the anime took). I loved all of the science and geeky references they talked about as well.

Stein's Gate is a slow start, introducing characters and fleshing out the world as the team gains momentum with their time machine, Phonewave (name subject to change). Once it is fully operational, the series transforms into something else entirely. You know the characters, so now prepare for the feels for what comes next. Stein's Gate Zero, from what I hear, may even outclass the original, so I look forward to it coming out as an anime. Stein's Gate needs to be watched in its entirely to be fully appreciated, but if one has doubts, the roller coaster ride starts around halfway through.

Steins;Gate really does take a while to pick up. I'm not sure when it does in the anime, but in the VN it took around 6-8 hours of reading to get really good. It left a huge impression on me when it was finished. I can't wait for Steins;Gate Zero.

Recently I've been watching Danganronpa 3, and reading the Assassination Classroom manga. Both are pretty good. I was watching Re:Zero, but I need to catch up on that- I'm on episode 12.

Oh wow I mixed up the threads, hopefully no one saw that

I don't really follow any anime or manga, but I'm currently planning on getting around to watching My Hero Academia and watching more of One Punch Man

These are cool

Oh god it's still there. mods plz delete the above post

Edited by Chad Thundercock