What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

Steins; Gate 0 is the anime I'm watching for the Spring 2018 season. As a fan of the original anime series, I was looking forward to the sequel, and now that it is finally airing, I've been enjoying it. Can't say whether or not it'll surpass the first Steins; Gate in my list of favorite anime of all time, but those last few episodes have been pretty good, especially episode 8.

I'm thinking about watching that Legend of the Galactic Heroes remake soon just to dip my toes into this critically acclaimed series.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re-watching Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex: 2nd GiG. I had seen the ending a few years ago, but missed the whole story arc. Was able to get a copy of the entire series from a buddy. After this, I'll binge watch Karakai Jozu no Takagi-san then move onto something heavier (Psycho-Pass sounds nice lol).

56 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I finished watching Space Dandy, that was more surreal than most other anime I have seen, but still enjoyable . Remained me of Samurai Champloo in terms of writing.

You certainly got that right. It was definitely enjoyable.

finished binge-watching the Berserk OVAs and the 1st and 2nd series. Now I know why critics have panned the latter and praised the former.

Edited by Karimlan

Finished Hinamatsuri. It gave me some good chuckles here and there and had some very likable characters.

Also still watching Bokuhero S3 and Darling in the Franx. Bones has totally delivered on that one the fight that happened an episode ago. I felt like a little kid watching my first superhero show again so that was some good stuff.

And Darling in the franx has been one crazy wild ride since episode 18 or so. I can't wait to see how they'll wrap up everything.

Edited by Hekselka

I watched the first two seasons of RWBY (if were are being technical about what is an anime). I I like some parts of the show, and other parts feel lacking especially the visuals feel like a early 2000s western show.  I'll continue the show later this week.

I watched the third season of RWBY and it was good for the most part . I liked the tournament in the series and the change in the direction of the show. But I do have problems of how vague the villains goals are, and how Ruby unlock a new power and the last minute. On to season 4.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I watched the third season of RWBY and it was good for the most part . I liked the tournament in the series and the change in the direction of the show. But I do have problems of how vague the villains goals are, and how Ruby unlock a new power and the last minute. On to season 4.

Yeah, vol 3 was exciting in that sense, I loved the dire atmosphere

I've been watching/reading a bunch of different stuff lately.

Danganronpa 3, as well as Zero and the Kirigiri novels, Re:Zero, different parts of the Monogatari series (both the anime and novels), Trinity Seven, Monster Musume, Shinmai maou no Testament...

That ending of Megalo Box sure was something. 

I honestly don't know how to feel about it. 

Spoiler

On one hand, everyone and their mother expected somebody to die in the last match, so the ending turning out to be "Nah, Yuri and Joe both win, and they're besties now. Also the match crippled Yuri, but he's still happy." was a nice surprise. It was a decently executed happy ending. 

But the whole part where the last you see of the match is basically two cross-counters, and the show not revealing who won until the very last frame felt a little limp. And the whole bit where there's gonna be another Megalonia. 

Also Joe going on a vision quest mid-match was kind of... Weird. 

Edited by Slumber

Just started Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji yesterday. I thought it was gonna be somewhat comedic given the artstyle but its actually pretty serious. The whole gambling plot definitely got me hooked though. Apparently the manga's still ongoing so might read that one day once I finish the anime.

I watched the Attack on Titan Season 2 compilation movie and the Season 3 premier at a local theater last night.

The theater was nearly a full-house with a diverse audience. I even saw some older adults as I walked up to my seat! Having such a large audience made the watching experience quite fun, from laughing along with others in some of Season 2's funniest moments to even cheers in the more intense moments. The 12-episode run was still the better experience though, especially since the movie cut out some character building moments and even removed several music tracks that made certain scenes quite memorable in the TV run, but the movie does its job for a highlight reel of the season.

The real reason I went to the showing was to see the first episode of Season 3. It was a solid start to the season. I obviously can't say much since the worldwide release date for Season 3 is still a week and a half away and thus most haven't seen it yet, but I will say it had some nice character interactions, great animation and action when it was relevant, and even a solid beginning and an epic cliffhanger. As a manga reader, a part of me did have some qualms about the first episode since it seems to reorder some scenes, making me worried about potential cuts, but I have hope this season of the anime will adapt the source material well, perhaps even exceeding my expectations.

For the summer season, AoT Season 3 and Free Season 3 (I'm a big fan of Free because I was swimmer in high school and still swim for both exercise and leisure, so it was easy for me to connect with the characters and setting) are the two new ones I will be watching weekly. I am also still following Steins; Gate 0; its currently at the halfway point with a break from new episodes this week, but I've still been enjoying it a lot.

Edited by Erureido

@(s)ad touch: just finished Season 1. Holy fuck the series is awesome. I'm picking up parallels to 1984, Brave New World and Minority Report. Makishima Shogo is a sick motherfucker.

@Karimlan Overall yeah the show is pretty great, but the main reason I get such a kick out of this show is that i happen to sort of agree with Makishima on his philosophy of, free will giving life meaning, and to deprive society of free will by agency being torn from the clutches of all but criminals, who are hospitalized for being "dangerous and unnecessary to society" to paraphrase, would render existence meaningless.

effectively, what im saying is that makishima did nothing wrong, except murder, torture, organized riots and devolving the world into anarchy for a month or two, ETC. but worth it.

Right now I’m reading Magi now that it’s complete. Before that I read Mob Psycho 100, which was really good (I’m hype for s2 of the anime!!!). These days I read more manga than I watch anime.

I’ve been really lazy with anime these days mostly because I’m getting my fiancé into it so I’m rewatching a lot of different things at once. We’re up to the Namek saga of DBZ.

I’m trying to finish Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress but it’s difficult cause zombies are not very interesting. :p

Just finished Psycho Pass 2 over the weekend. @(s)ad touch, aside from the concepts of group dynamics and a collective mind being more subtly introduced (by comparison, Season One wore its references on its shirt sleeves), I found the second show to be a little more straightforward than the first. Do you share the same impression?

@Karimlan dunno. i dropped season 2 because the main thing that makes psychopass interesting for me is really just makishima being awesome, and the intro of the new villain in god-damn episode 1 of season 2 kinda just pissed me off. but yes, psycho-pass is not "subtle" in its references regarding dystopia, but thats not really what the show was about, the way i see it anyway. it was trying to exercise a thought experiment of what a society with almost complete coercion into all jobs and most social exercises, would look like from the perspective of a relatively normal person, in akane. but yeah, it did blatantly yell out "HEY LOOK 1984" every now and then at points, but all genres of fiction do that