What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So... I've seen the first 5 episodes of Durarara!! Are those like a giant setup for what is going to happen next?

The style is pretty diferent from what I'm used to watch and that's what keeping me on it, but if it's going to always be like that, I might postpone the anime for a while.

So... I've seen the first 5 episodes of Durarara!! Are those like a giant setup for what is going to happen next?

The style is pretty diferent from what I'm used to watch and that's what keeping me on it, but if it's going to always be like that, I might postpone the anime for a while.

Durarara!! has a lot of setting up, yeah, and definitely a lot of the earlier part is just introducing you to the characters and easing in the plot and tone.

Kekkaishi started on Adult Swim this weekend and I watched it. Feels pretty typical for now ("I MUST GET STRONGER") but I'll keep going.

Also, Vic (Mignogna) power hour every Saturday night now. Ed in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood at midnight and then Yoshimori in Kekkaishi at 12:30. Both are their series' main characters. Reminds me of when Code Geass premiered and we were feeling the JYB love in both that and Bleach (Lelouch and Ichigo).

I'm rekindling my childhood and am watching episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh!....on YouTube (Bless those people who illegally post entire TV series on the internet).

Currently, watching the beginning of season 3, where Yugi and Co are trapped in the virtual world.

• 2 weeks later...

OH MY GOSH! REALLY?

Cause I thought me and Sync is the only ones who watched it... =P

I actually have it downloaded but I really wanted to play the game first >_> I'm watching Tales of Symphonia, though. 2nd episode of Thethe' Alla just came out.

While I'm stalling in order to watch the last 6 episodes of Durarara!! together I went on and watch Dennou Coil. Really nice Sci-fi, especially since I just finished reading Pluto (which is also Sci-fi but on a diferent subject). I just felt the ending was expected and "milked" for an extra episode.

Edited by Magna

I've been watching Eureka Seven. It was pretty bland at first, but lately (just watched episode 24) it's actually gotten really good.

RAINBOWS COME OUT OF MY GIANT ROBOT!

I've been watching Eureka Seven. It was pretty bland at first, but lately (just watched episode 24) it's actually gotten really good.

It honestly is one of those animes that just go from Bland to enjoyable to :facepalm: at the end. Considering the set up and what happens in the middle, it has way too much of a cliche ending for it's own good.

Anyway, I just finished watching the Tsukihime Anime out of curiosity. Not a bad anime, but a bad restatement of the source material.

Now, I need something to watch before the Unlimited Blade Works movie comes out... And I dunno what to do.

I actually have it downloaded but I really wanted to play the game first >_> I'm watching Tales of Symphonia, though. 2nd episode of Thethe' Alla just came out.

Oh wait. TOS OVA right? How is it? It is good? Cause I'm intending to watch it and K-On! after I finishes Princess Tutu. :3

I've been reading Berserker lately.

It starts off at shit tier, but right now I'm thinking it's one of the better manga I've come across. Deep characters with engaging action and gritty medieval atmosphere is pretty neat to see.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

Oh wait. TOS OVA right? How is it? It is good? Cause I'm intending to watch it and K-On! after I finishes Princess Tutu. :3

Yep. It's been a while since I saw the first arc, Symphonia arc. What I remember is that it's heavily focused on Colette and, in the end, how Lloyd notices it. The details that made the game charming for me, like Marbble/Exbelua are ommited and the seals are quickly shown and then dismissed (Mana Tower isn't even mentioned). It's to be expected since they're compressing half a game in 4 episodes. This is the reason I want to play Abyss before watching the anime. The Tethe'Alla arc is another 4 episodes and only 2 have been released, the 3rd is set to be on September. It starts off with huge spoilers from the game >_>

There will be an additional arc (4 episodes) retreating the Wii game.

I've been reading Berserker lately.

It starts off at shit tier, but right now I'm thinking it's one of the better manga I've come across. Deep characters with engaging action and gritty medieval atmosphere is pretty neat to see.

Beserk starts very softly when telling the story of the Hawks but the finale of the Golden Age arc is awesome. After that it's more epic battles after epic battles with some details and development of existing and new characters. Probably my top manga. Heck, I chose to use Great Swords in Monster Hunter because of Berserk. I just wished Miura was more consistent with his releases. It's been like half a year since the last one <_<

Edited by Magna

Yep. It's been a while since I saw the first arc, Symphonia arc. What I remember is that it's heavily focused on Colette and, in the end, how Lloyd notices it. The details that made the game charming for me, like Marbble/Exbelua are ommited and the seals are quickly shown and then dismissed (Mana Tower isn't even mentioned). It's to be expected since they're compressing half a game in 4 episodes. This is the reason I want to play Abyss before watching the anime. The Tethe'Alla arc is another 4 episodes and only 2 have been released, the 3rd is set to be on September. It starts off with huge spoilers from the game >_>

There will be an additional arc (4 episodes) retreating the Wii game.

Beserk starts very softly when telling the story of the Hawks but the finale of the Golden Age arc is awesome. After that it's more epic battles after epic battles with some details and development of existing and new characters. Probably my top manga. Heck, I chose to use Great Swords in Monster Hunter because of Berserk. I just wished Miura was more consistent with his releases. It's been like half a year since the last one <_<

Apparently he only releases a couple chapters a year. He'll probably die before the story is finished. For the record, I chose to play as a gigantic sword-wielding Knight in Demon Soul's because of Guts.

Also, I don't know why I called it Berserker. >__>

Finished re-watching Mononoke. 10/10

I still think the Bakeneko arc from Ayakashi is Kenji Nakamura's magnum opus. The Bakeneko arc in Mononoke was too modern and lacked the atmosphere of the other arcs. And Chiyo was a whore.