What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

You'd be mad to compare Ryvius to Geass (Planetes still pending) The problem with Ryvius for me was that the characters were a bit meh. And pacing was, as you say an issue. Alot of the plots secret revelations were shoulder shrugging boring.

*Wheeze* Neya, I am your father~ *Wheeze* for me was: Yeah, so? Who are you again?

Mad? There is a clear thematic continuity in terms of political issues, especially in terms of power dynamics--especially in the confused nature of conflicting structures of social organization. And Izumi is a fascinating proto-Lelouch*, just to talk about the most basic comparisons. There's a significant thematic interplay between the two, even if it isn't necessarily obvious on the surface--Goro Taniguichi is a director who has a set of things he really likes to explore, and hits similar notes in all his productions. Not that there's anything wrong with that: Hayao Myazaki makes the same movie every time and he's the most beloved director of animation in the entire world.

As for the plot revelations, I don't disagree.

The characters had potential but none of them really panned out perfectly, unlike in his later projects. As I said, it seems like a warm-up act.

*Not to mention Koji as a completely unlikeable Suzaku.

Edited by Le Communard

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that there's anything wrong with that: Hayao Myazaki makes the same movie every time and he's the most beloved director of animation in the entire world.

He's also an old psychotic technology-hating son of a bitch.

Love his movies, but the more I hear about him the more out of touch I think he is with the world.

hmmm... Samurai champloo is my favorite anime. It's very interesting if you have a special affinity for "Edo Period Japan".... its too awesome to describe :awesome:

He's also an old psychotic technology-hating son of a bitch.

Love his movies, but the more I hear about him the more out of touch I think he is with the world.

I'd describe him more as "odd" than psychotic or anything. Thats what makes his vision so compelling--its so different, you can't help but be dragged along for the ride.

Yeah, his animated visions. I love every single one of his films, and I think I've seen every major release he's ever been a part of. Reading his direct person-to-person statements in text, however, is like listening to Alan Moore after you just got back satisfied from watching The Watchmen in theaters.

Yeah, his animated visions. I love every single one of his films, and I think I've seen every major release he's ever been a part of. Reading his direct person-to-person statements in text, however, is like listening to Alan Moore after you just got back satisfied from watching The Watchmen in theaters.

See, I think Alan Moore is fascinating, so now I see where our disagreement is. One should never be comfortable with genius--that is the nature of the beast.

Ah yes I've been watching My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute! and I like. Well Kirino is kinda annoying sometimes but adorable but Kuro Neko is definitely my fave. Her little sister is so adorable~

I kinda hope Kirino meets Kuro Neko's little sister. >_>

Edited by Manly Shogun

Ah yes I've been watching My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute! and I like. Well Kirino is kinda annoying sometimes but adorable but Kuro Neko is definitely my fave. Her little sister is so adorable~

I kinda hope Kirino meets Kuro Neko's little sister. >_>

the latest episode was the best episode

FINALLY she shows some appreciation

Speaking of recent anime; is anyone nerdy enough to be watching Yosuga no Sora? Because episode 11....well, let's just say incest fans will have a hell of a time.

sounds hot

Edited by Inui

Speaking of recent anime; is anyone nerdy enough to be watching Yosuga no Sora? Because episode 11....well, let's just say incest fans will have a hell of a time.

Yeah, the twincest is definitely hot.

But this is probably the only arc worth watching, the others are meh.

*searches it up and watches*

To me, that was pretty fucked up. I think I want to forget what you recommended.

Is that like the first anime stated in this thread that both you and RF enjoyed?

Technically no, since Inui has not watched it yet aside from a few minutes of the eleventh episode. There's also Ore no Imouto, which has pissed me off a lot but I have also found very enjoyable at times.

Is that like the first anime stated in this thread that both you and RF enjoyed?

I think we both enjoyed plenty of stuff. I can check MAL later to find out exactly what. :P