What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently planning on a re-watch marathon of 'Byosuke 5 centimeters' as well as 'Kotonoha no Niwa' , Makato Shinkai's works are all gorgeous. But series wise I'm contemplating on continuing DRRR S2, finishing up Urusei Yatsura and wanting to start Honey and Clover.

finished aldnoah.zero and can i just say what the fuck

[spoiler=ending spoilers]they seriously blamed slaine for the whole war? what the fuck. saying he plotted the assassination? I am LIVID what the actual fuck. He's the one who tried to get to the truth behind everything, avenge/save the princess, etc. and seeing his character diminished like that just makes me incredibly angry

That ending was all sorts of absurb and underwhelming. I enjoyed the ride, but the end was lacking.

So many shows I to check out this season, not sure if I will be able to cut anything out.

For sure will be watching:

Unlimited Blade Works 2nd season

The Disaperance of Nagato Yuki

My Teenage Romcom Snafu Too

Digimon Advanture Tri

And will check out:

Seraph of the Sword

Plastic Memories

Gunslinger Stratos

Kekkai Sensen

Arslan Senki

I think I've posted on here before, but I'm gonna update.

ANIMES I'M WATCHING:

Zeta Gundam

Fafner Exodus

Betterman

Eureka Seven

Gundam Unicorn (OVA)

and Gundam Build Fighters

...Yeah I've been into mecha anime a lot lately

Edited by PixelmanFE

oh hey look even more animes to add to my endless to watch list gr e a t//

i havent had much time for anime since school and all, but at the moment im watching magi and hunter x hunter. im a bit iffy on the art style of both of them cause im so used to animes with like... absolutely beautiful art, so animation at a lower quality hasn't kept me as engaged as it did when i watched, say, gurren lagann. as for story both are pretty good so far, i hope to finish them over the summer!

Just finished Kill la Kill, watching JoJo and Chuunibyou. A friend keeps telling me to watch Steins;Gate. Should I?

Definetly, Steins;Gate is a very well thought out, emotional and funny Anime, i definetly recommend it to anyone who has not watched it yet

also i recommend School days but because of some reason people hate it

i mean boku no pico i understand why people dislike it but school days?

come on the protagonist in Gantz! is a bigger asshole until a certain moment

Just started Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. I watched the original anime but I heard a lot of changes were made to compensate the unfinished manga at the time.

Edited by kingddd

Quick opinion on new stuff I've started this season:

Sound! Euphonium - I was in concert band but I cannot really relate to this, lol. Not that the show is bad.

Wish Upon the Pleaides - Pikmin as magical girls.

Mikagura School Suite - I think I will enjoy this one, but...that's all I can say for now.

Ore Monogatari!! - Cute shoujo series about that giant comic relief guy you usually see in the background of other anime.

Re-Kan! - Cute Girls Having Cute Interactions With Ghosts. You can tell that it's a cheap 4-koma adaptation.

I've also heard good things about Plastic Memories and Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches, but I'm not picking anything else up this season.

I was just watching Magi: Labyrinth of Magic (May be wrong on the title).

The idea was actually kind of interesting at first. Take the Arabian Nights tales and stories and retell them with an anime turn. It was even acceptable for a bit. Then 'Djinn Equip' got brought into the mix. And it became yet another ****ing anime. Not that there is something wrong with it, but it had this interesting idea then just tossed it aside for the anime standard stuff. That's not to mention that the voice-acting is pretty... underwhelming. Though I did find out that Alvin from Tales of Xilia, Z.W.E.I. from Soul Caliber, Edge Maverick from Star Ocean, Kiritsugu from Fate/Zero, and Sinbad all have the same V.A. (who knew?). It's sad because these V.A.'s are actually decent but have just such... bleh... lines that it's hard to get invested. For example did you know that emotionless girl Morgiana whose voice is just so... flat... and lifeless... that she sounds one CURE album away from wearing black also voiced Lyrical Nanoha, Homura in Madoka Magica, and Compa in Hyperdimensional Neptunia? Wouldnt know it because Morgiana's voice is so... lifeless.

It's not a bad anime though. It has some interesting ideas and decent presentation. Just... it fell into being generic. Why?

I couldn't get past the first episode. Stopped watching at the breast fondling part.

Which is a shame, because the animation looked really sharp, and I like Aladdin.

I started re-watching Eden of the East (I recommend this anime) also watching Working

Edited by Bankai

Anyone watched Amagi Brilliant Park? The concept alone has carried me to episode 3, but I'm not really sure I like the MC.