Fire Emblem Gaiden PC Remake

VincentASM

For anybody who missed it, I've reuploaded the remake of FE2, made by a ChinaFE member using SRPG Maker 95.

From memory, you start using the files in the FEgaiden1 directory. Once you've reached the end of the part, you add the files from FEgaiden2 (and later 3 and 4) into the same directory (allowing any files/folders to be replaced if they already exist).

I also did a translation of either the first part or the first two parts. Just overwrite the translation files over the original files to make it work. I just did it out of boredom (and stopped when I got bored), so it's not nearly as good/accurate as Shimizu Hitomi's translation.

Download links

You need Winrar, 7zip, etc. to extract the RAR files.

I don't know about the other parts, but the first part of the game has some extra maps in it that I don't think are used in the actual game. One of them is from Monshou--it's part of the one where you can get either that Hero or Paladin. Est, Poala, and Katua arrive and are ambushed by pirates, Est is taken away, and it's left to the other two to kill off the rest. After a turn or two Abel arrives with three other generic Paladins to help them.

You can play this "test map" by opening the entire project with SRPG Maker 95 (the program used to make this game).

Oh yeah, that map was pretty cool.

There's also another extra map, which I think you can reach by leaving Judah alive in the Final Chapter. I seem to recall it being a clone of FE5's Final Chapter, with a bunch of overpowered bosses.

Edited by VincentASM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No : P

I also did a translation of either the first part or the first two parts. Just overwrite the translation files over the original files to make it work. I just did it out of boredom (and stopped when I got bored), so it's not nearly as good/accurate as Shimizu Hitomi's translation.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that the Nes version finally has a finished translation. Though I don't believe that the remake does...though its not like you're missing any story. In any event, the translated game script is on the main site. I'm not sure how well the vital things like weapon names and stats are translated in the remake; I don't remember.

• 11 months later...

Huge bump, but I'm not bumping this for no reason.

I've played through the entire first part and although it was easy in that your characters had a tough time dying, I liked that your units couldn't simply ORKO every unit in sight, and ORKOs were in fact quite rare (at least for the first part). I was wondering if there are any chances of translating the second and third part, because I really enjoyed what I played and I'm anxious to play more.

Plus, I think more people should become aware of this remake now that FE2 has a brief burst in popularity from Integrity's playthrough/a possible draft.

Try clicking in battle and see if you start killing anything in one blow :P

lol, I saw your post in the other topic about it and gave it a try. You're right, critical hits seem to happen much more often when you click then if you don't. I'll try not to abuse that feature though since I don't want the game being that easy :P

Most of the times I end up getting criticals is when May or somebody counters with SwordMagic for 4 damage anyways. Whenever I don't need a crit basically haha.

• 3 years later...

I've just been wondering what you have used for translating(btw have you used hex editor?),maybe I'll give it a go and try to fully translate even though it has been so many years from when this started and from you posted this ; ]