Epic Wins, Epic Fails, FE11 version

Jaybee

So yeah, like all the other FE that have this, post your Epic Wins and Fails here.

Epic win: Paladin!Wendel sneaks up behind Volzhin with a 57% chance to hit, 14 damage dealt and a 3% crit chance while doubling. Volzhin would do 10 damage to Wendell, which wouldn't kill him, but would leave him at the mercy of Volzhin and a Sniper. Wendell missed. Volzhin missed. Wendell then proceeds to proc his 3% crit rate, smashing his Steel Lance into Volzhin's face. Marth then gets Warped to Seize.

The Pope is awesome.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Epic-win: Just the other day, I solo'd some other guy on With Anyone using Dracoknight!Abel. (Well, actually, Abel and four stave-less curates. :awesome: ) He even got a critical on me. It was lolworthy. To be fair, his team wasn't all too shabby (he had some max-crit Killer forges), but every one of his units could be ORKO'd. So, maybe not "epic win", but "meh win" at least.

Epic-fail: Some time ago, on With Anyone, I missed with a 90-something displayed hit rate, then proceeded to be raped by a 2% critical on counterattack. I was not pleased.

Epic win: aenos.jpg

10 Spd on a Dark Mage is O_O And he was not reclassed, he came like that.

Epic fail: Beck missed twice with Arrowspate, both times with a 80% chance of hitting.

Cain is 2 exp away from level 15, so I can't promote at base. (I was hoping for a level 15 promo)

Epic win: I was able to go to all the gaiden chapters in my first playthrough. Turns out I can be heartless if I want to. :awesome:

Epic fail: My Marth had really bad stats (I can't remember off the top of my head). My Athena died in the same chapter you get her and I was too lazy to restart.

Epic Win: I deployed Pegasus Knight!Caeda in that chapter with all of the Ballistas. I only had the boss left, and the boss decided to attack Caeda with a 98% chance of hitting. I was getting ready to hit the power button, but he missed. Then Caeda 1RKOed him with a Crit.

Edited by Pegasus Knight

• 2 weeks later...

I just played against who may be the luckiest guy ever.

Round 1: I scout the guy and dispose of one of his units. His turn, he flies in with Dracoknight!Shiida and lands a OHKO critical with Wing Spear. Okay, fair enough, the crit chance was 28%; I had it coming. But then, in comes Marth with a Brave Sword, criticaling and killing my Sniper with a 13% crit chance. The fog closes around him. Needless to say, I got slaughtered.

Round 2: Once again, I scout the guy and kill one unit. Shiida flies up and, lo and behold, he crits me again with a 13% Brave Axe. Wow. By now, I'm thinking there's no way he can pull that off again. Next turn: Shiida. Brave Axe. 13% crit. He does it again. I called BS. Luckily, he had left some units within my view and I was able to finish him off next turn.

But seriously, the likelihood of all that happening is...about 0.06%. Wow. Just wow.

Wait, actually, not that low. 0.4%, because of the braves. But still.

Edited by 4in1

Wins: 15 STR Hardin at level 12

10 STR, 20 SPD Shiida at level 10

Fails: My game crashes(Goddamn No$GBA, last time I ever use this crap) just as I'm about to finish chapter 10 in H5. Not just that but there were a SHITLOAD of good level-ups. Julian gets a perfect levelup, Hardin got a perfect levelup(Which also got his str to 16 at level 13), Shiida gained ANOTHER STR point when she leveled to 11, Marth gets a near-perfect levelup.

And Merric being level 9 still having base SPD

Edited by Joey

Epic win: Killing off everyone in chapter 21 and proceeding to solo the chapter with Roger. Not even the boss damaged him. (I of course resetted afterwards)

Epic Fail: Trying around 5 times on Chapter 22 (was it?) and when I finally managed to win, I didn't get Starlight.

They're not so epic, though.

Edited by Spike

Epic Win: Abel's stat-bless habits. (56HP56HP56HP. And before that it was 18LUK, but this time it was 56HP AND 15LUK). And Lena doing constant Crits with Levin Sword after I reclassed her to SM (for only a few chapters here and there after reaching 20/20) for the lulz.

Epic Fail: Barst getting Crit'd by the boss in C16. While he's holding a hammer and about to kill that thing. But since it was Gaiden-run, he's the lowest level on my team, and I needed to kill people, I didn't restart like I would have otherwise.

Edit: Also, putting Cain in a place where he's bound to get killed AFTER I've gotten several good levels from my other characters and doesn't want to restart. R.I.P. Cain. Abel's my only cavalier left now. Dx (H5)

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Epic Fail: Having three different playthroughs, each stuck on the final chapter.

Ouch. You have any Warp staves left?

EDIT

Epic Fail: Cavalier!Nabarl levels up and gets absolutely nothing.

Edited by Lloyd Irving

Epic Fails: My H5 Ogma who had base strength at level 12 :[

Also, one time I was playing the annoying chapter with Hardin and company, and I had Marth in front of the boss. After dealing with all the reinforcements and getting awesome level ups, I end my turn, forgetting about Marth, and the boss pwns him. Stupid me D:

Epic Wins: ...Can't really think of anything right now.

Epic Fail: Navarre had 9 STR at 20/1 Swordmaster.

Epic Win: That same Navarre got 11 STR level ups in a row after promotion, without any RNG abuse. If I'm not mistaken, that has a 0.00000177147% chance of happening.

I had an epic fail last night. H1 Chapter 7, I had Hardin charge ahead towards the forts near the bottom. I didn't know that reinforcements moved on the enemies turn, so Hardin got Ridersbane'd. :facepalm:

Edited by ultimateluigi987

Epic win: 6 Res Marth. Only 1 Talisman. Awesome.

Epic fail: My playstyle in general, mostly... can't beat Ch. 1 on H5 ;_;

Nah, you're not the only one who has a lot of trouble with crappy 'resources'. Like me; I think I'd do better if I had 20 guys to the enemy's 60, than my 5 to his 10.

Epic fail.

(Wi-Fi)

I want to crit kill this guy with my support horsemen team with Killer bows. I wanted to make an epic finish since this was his last unit.

1st Horseman: Attack.....Nothing happened. 50% crit mind you.

2nd Horseman: Attack......nothing happened again. 30% Crit.

3rd Horseman: attack......................................................................NOTHING 50% again.

Though the person died, I failed to get a crit with over 100% total. >_>

Epic win: I accidentally leveled Paola when clock abusing.....she gained near perfect stats. (Pally)

1st Horseman: Attack.....Nothing happened. 50% crit mind you.

2nd Horseman: Attack......nothing happened again. 30% Crit.

3rd Horseman: attack......................................................................NOTHING 50% again.

Though the person died, I failed to get a crit with over 100% total. >_>

That's not exactly how percentages work...

Percents aren't cumulative; rather, they must be multiplied.

So, rather than 50%+70%+50%=170%, the chance of you NOT criticaling is 50%*70%*50%=17.5%

...which still kind of sucks, seeing how you had an 82.5% to critical at least once. >_<

/nerd

Edited by 4in1