Epic Wins, Epic Fails, FE11 version

Jaybee

That's not exactly how percentages work...

Percents aren't cumulative; rather, they must be multiplied.

I don't think that's what he was trying to say. Rather, if you are flipping a coin, you would expect to get 1 heads after 2 flips. In his case, he could reasonably expect at least 1 crit.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, you're not the only one who has a lot of trouble with crappy 'resources'. Like me; I think I'd do better if I had 20 guys to the enemy's 60, than my 5 to his 10.

It's more due to the fact that I have an insanely offensive-based playstyle in a difficulty where that just doesn't work very well.

Seriously, I make the stupidest mistakes sometimes. It's getting to the point where my playstyle is almost a suicidal charge.

I don't think that's what he was trying to say. Rather, if you are flipping a coin, you would expect to get 1 heads after 2 flips. In his case, he could reasonably expect at least 1 crit.

Yeah, this, I was expecting to pull of at least 1 critical, but I didn't. DX

Yeah, this, I was expecting to pull of at least 1 critical, but I didn't. DX

You would certainly get at least 1 critical more often than not, but 17.5% isn't exactly low. If you do those same 3 attacks six different times, you could expect to go through it one time without a single crit. That's still pretty high. Certainly more than my Roy getting criticalled with a 15% chance on 10% listed hit, considering that is 2.1% true hit and 15% crit for 0.315% chance of death. 1 in ~317. I could do that 100 times and have a reasonable expectation of him living each of those 100 times.

• 2 months later...

Epic fail: I was Arena training in chap 18. My SM Abel had GOD stats(except 11 luck) for a 20/8 and I healed him to 39(out of 40hp)I was like : 1hp is no big deal!

Enter the arena.Berseker.13 damage.Critical with 9%.13x3=39.DAMN 1HP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From that time I always heal t max hp.

Edited by Groner

Epic WIN: Abel spamming until he was LV 20 Cavalier at Chapter 8. :awesome:

Palla has 7 Res as DK. So, 10 Res as Pally. Um, yay?

Epic FAIL: Killing Sedgar on my 1st PT. One of the Aurelian Knights were always dying(and it was either Vyland, Wolf or Sedgar). I eventually got fed up and said: "Fine, I'm not going to save any more Aurelians if one dies."

The unlucky guy is called Zagaro. I ended up using Knight!Barst as my tank(and 14 base Defence was really broken in NM.)

Win: Taking out Medeus without killing the bodyguard or using the Mamkutes. I got RNG lucky with General!Sedgar's Gradivus Crit and Sniper!Abel got a forged longbow. Wolf helped with Parthia. (H5)

Fail: The fact that Marth can't take a hit in H5. He was a pain to level, and I was trying to level him just so he can stay alive since I didn't warpskip anything besides 24 and final.

• 1 month later...

Epic Fail: Cleric!Lena with base Res at level 20.

Another Epic Fail: Cain getting killed by being counterattacked after missing a 99% Hit.

Edited by spiker275

Fail: I tried to level Vyland. I don't think I'll do that again.

I've managed to get good levels out of Vyland. Its Roshea who never turns out well.

Abel manages to establish himself as MVP of my team like usual.

On my H2 run (decided to mellow down after playing H5), as a level 10 Pallie, he has:

HP: 40 (-2.2)

STR: 24 (+4.8)

Mag: LOLMAG

SKL: 26 (+2)

SPD: 25 (+4)(Capped around level 8)

LUK: 8 (-1)

DEF: 15 (+1.6)

RES: LOLRES

Massive STR lead this time. Too bad it's going to cap soon. I'm hoping that he'll gain DEF lead next so he can run around and tank.

Also, my level 9 Bishop Merric has 23 Res (reclass-3, so he's at +9). He's beating LENA, who's at her average 19 at level 11.

Actually, he's roflstomping her in every stat (besides luck) this time. Usually Lena is my magic tank.

I've managed to get good levels out of Vyland. Its Roshea who never turns out well.

Really? I've currently got the redheaded stepchild of Aurelis to level 15 Cavalier (no reclasses). He's either at or above average in everything, and he's extremely behind the Altean Cavalier Squad of Doom (to be fair, Frey's stats would be about right if he was three levels higher than he is, Abel is performing a little better than average, and Cain's only shortcoming is his low Skill). I plan on doing a redhead runthrough later, so how can I make Vyland useful, so I don't rip my hair out?

Roshea does better as an Archer (though you'll need to feed him the first level of kills). Change him as soon as possible.

I plan on doing a redhead runthrough later, so how can I make Vyland useful, so I don't rip my hair out?

I know his growths are meh, they just always turn up in my favor. Use stat-boosters on Def and Skl, and he dhould turn out OK. If not, you still have Cain, who can usually top him.

Roshea does better as an Archer (though you'll need to feed him the first level of kills). Change him as soon as possible.

Well thats something I have to try! His Spd went up around twice to level 20, so I scrapped him for Archer!Hardin.

Roshea has problems. His SPD as a cavalier sucks (seriously, average Roshea in a largish team in NORMAL Mode gets doubled by the earlier promoted enemies) so you want to reclass him to Myrm/Archer, but then his STR sucks at first because of a crap base, so you can't get him anywhere.

Fail: All of my failures are because of my forgetfulness, but one definitely qualifies. In Chapter 23, I forgot that Marth would be in range of two Swarms. He was at Lv.10. He got raped to death.\

And yeah I find Marth hard to level because of his fail.

Epic fails first (not all from the same playthrough):

Final Chapter: Lena misses with a 98% chance to hit.

Chapter 24x: Due to an oversight, I end up putting Julian in range of a sniper. I think "Well, surely Julian won't get criticaled!" I think you can guess what happens next.....

First Chapter: Marth misses with an 85%. Later on in that same chapter,he misses twice in a row with a 90%.

Chapter 20: I recruit Lorenz. Immediately after that, Camus rides up and kills him.

Chapter 15: I am doing a Marth solo, and I send Marth to claim the chests. The mage reinforcements come in for several turns and prevent Marth from leaving the room.

Chapter 14: During Enemy Phase, Catria and Palla both talk to Marth and get recruited. Immediately after that, archers come up and pop them.

Epic wins (Again, not all from the same playthrough):

Final Chapter (H5 Mode): Gotoh dodges a manakete that would have killed him. On a separate run, I finished Medeus with Elice.

Chapter 2: While boss abusing, Darros repeatedly dodges Gomer and hits him, despite Gomer having a higher Hit% than Darros. I forget the exact values.

As you can see, I've had a lot more epic fails than wins at this game.

Epic win: I was playing vs mode with my bro, the fight was hard and there was only my barst hunter with forged iron bow and his GENERAL roger at the castle (its the last turn!) i had no choice my barst was my only hope and his critical vs roger was 3, the only way to win was double criticaling this damn general and I DIDgee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Epic fail: Chapter 4, i wanted to train my Wrys.gif cavalier and i did until hes level 10, i was tottaly dead because it was hard, next chapter i had to start sacrifing units and i tell myself "hey if i sacrifice shiida this time?" but next chapter i realized that i needed her to recruit jake because i needed a good user for my max forged ballista and i was forced to make new game and restart with Wrys.gif, but my lil bro was nice enough for giving me his Wrys.gif paladin lmao!

Epic Fail: In my latest playthrough on Hard 2(the setting I play on), my Cain got ridiculously speed screwed. If I remember correctly, he had 7 speed at Lv10, which is 3 below his simple average Facepalm_emote_gif.gif. Luckily, I caught it ahead of time and was able to fix it up with RNG abuse and a speedwing.

Epic Win: My Cavalier!Navarre with 36HP/17Str/15Spd/14Def at 20/0 gee_wiz_emoticon.gif. Also, my AK!Draug with 35HP/17Str/20Def at 19/0 gee_wiz_emoticon.gif. That same Cain with 13 Str and 12 Def at 10/0 gee_wiz_emoticon.gif.

(Note: all three were on the same playthrough. Normally, my Doga only gets, like, 10-13 Str at 20/0 even with abuse. w/e about the def, he usually gets 18 or so, except this one time I made him into a hunter because I wanted to try Hunter->General. His stats sucked balls.)

Edited by DA125

Epic Win: Marth got 17 Def.... At level 21

Epic Fail: Lv30 Marth gets killed by 2 Brave Lance cavaliers(H5) interestingly enough Marth had 15 Def at the time.

Finished my H2 run.

Abel came out godly like usual. He ended with 17 Def (also naturally capped STR, SKL, and SPD by level 13 ish) so I fed him both my Dracoshields so he can just go off and rip through armies while not taking significant damage. He also somehow gained a level of Res even though I didn't reclass him into a magic unit at all.

Merric is also awesome. Besides getting over 50 HP, he capped his RES as a Sage. WTF. That is blessing by a margin of 11. Friggin 11.

Can't get a picture because I don't have a good camera and I play SD on cartridge. Edit: Somewhat working pic.

[spoiler=Bishop!Merric with 28 RES]

2h5v22e.jpg

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Epic Win: I warped Marth in front of the manakete in front of Medeus and had him kill that with an iron sword and it was a critical. Then I warped Nagi directly in front of Medeus and she OHKOed him with a critical. Also, my (awesome) generic sniper Wladis consistently gets criticals and decent stats.

Fail: The epilogue was painful to look at. I killed off just about everybody except for Shiida, Beck and the Gaiden characters.

Edited by Luree