FE4 Question

Narga_Rocks

If a character (eg Aira) has 7 items at the end of generation 1, what happens with Lakche's inventory? Does she get Iron Blade + 6 of the items Aira had and the extra item is lost? Or does the last item go to Lakche's Supply thing?

Tested by myself.

It gets sent to their storage. Tested w/ Nanna and a bunch of magic swords/thief sword/elite ring/etc.

Good to know. Lets me use Aira -> Lakche as a sword mule without worrying about losing something.

I haven't tested this with Storages, but I'd assume that you could just have Aira dump a bunch of swords into her storage, since that probably transfers over into the second gen.

There doesn't seem to be that many swords in the first generation. At least, not that many really good swords. Sigurd -> Celice and Ayra -> Lakche is likely going to get me more swords than I'd use. All I really need to bring is the hero sword for Lakche and the Thunder sword or some other 1-2 range weapon. Unless she encounters an enemy with at least 5 more def than she has str, hero sword > Silver Blade aside from the cost of 4 uses of hero vs. 2 uses of silver blade. Then the second silver sword, silver blade, steel blade, steel sword for Delmud and Skasahar. I don't think they need anything else for weapons.

Also, it's funny how many uses Sigurd's silver sword has this time around. First time I played I was being cheap and used iron and steel sword whenever I could to cut costs. This time I had Sigurd ditch all his weapons but the silver sword soon after getting the silver sword and it has 40 kills at the start of chapter 4.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've searched for this in a lot of places, but couldn't find a specific answer.

When precisely does Julia/Yuria leave?

This would suggest at the beginning of chapter 10, but since Google Translate isn't perfect and FAQ writers never seem to emphasize the points that I think are important, I have no clue about:

1: Can I access her items at the start of chapter 10.

2: Well, the above is all I really care about.

Basically, if I give her, say, thunder and a silence staff (for whatever reason) for chapter 9, do I have to sell them by the end of chapter 9 if I want another character to be able to buy them for chapter 10, or can I wait until the start of chapter 10 to take care of it.

Like, Diadora in chapter 3 of part 1 you can access her items up until the turn after you seize the first castle. Not as if that's said explicitly in any faqs or pages that I can find, but that's what I found out.

edit: Also, all those conversations that require neither character to have a lover, does it really mean that? What if those two characters are lovers? eg: Nanna and Leaf in chapter 10. It seems like an odd programming choice if two lovers can't even have a conversation simply because they can no longer use the love points. But the words on this page seem to indicate that if Nanna and Leaf are lovers with each other you can't get the +3 MHP conversation for them.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Yuria disappears at the very start of Chapter 10. You can't access her storage.

Yeah, unfortunately lover convos don't work if the characters are coupled. Some people miss out on Ira's Hero Sword in Chapter 3 because of the way it works.

Edited by VincentASM

Yuria disappears at the very start of Chapter 10. You can't access her storage.

Yeah, unfortunately lover convos don't work if the characters are coupled. Some people miss out on Ira's Hero Sword in Chapter 3 because of the way it works.

You lose Yuria in the cutscenes that start chap 10, so you have to sell her stuff in chapter 9.

I believe the convo can't be done if they have/are lovers, but I'm only about 70% sure.

Thanks for the quick responses.

@italics. Oh well. That's a bit annoying, but I guess I can make it work.

@bold. Further proof that IS is weird.

(<500 points)

Lex: Hi Ayra, you haven't married me yet, so here's a sword.

Ayra: (assuming they had 400+ going into this convo) Gee, thanks. I do, by the way.

Lex: "Do" what?

Ayra: I'll marry you. It's a really nice sword.

(>= 500 points)

Lex: ..............I don't even have to try anymore. She's already stuck with me. Even if I die.

I have no qualms about Lex not giving her the sword if she married Noishe already, or whatever, but the idea that if she already married Lex himself he will no longer give her the sword is just weird.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

(<500 points)

Lex: Hi Ayra, you haven't married me yet, so here's a sword.

Ayra: (assuming they had 400+ going into this convo) Gee, thanks. I do, by the way.

Lex: "Do" what?

Ayra: I'll marry you. It's a really nice sword.

(>= 500 points)

Lex: ..............I don't even have to try anymore. She's already stuck with me. Even if I die.

I lol'd.

Prayer is being stupid. Tinny!Fin got hit by Hel, dropped to 1 hp, should have had +100 avo and the Fenrir mage that killed her should have had 0% hit. He hit her. :blink: All on the same enemy phase, which she started well above 10 hp. (not to mention the whole both had under 45% hit on her even without Prayer, but that's still above 15% chance of death so I'm not too shocked about that. I'd never have left her in that situation if I'd known prayer wouldn't work.)

So, does it have to drop to 1 by way of normal damage, or do you have to be able to counterattack, or did the game glitch? Any ideas?

I had the same problem with Tyrfing!Celice (Tyrfing gives Prayer) attacking and dying to Manfroy after being hit by Hel. I have no clue what caused it, just confirming it exists. Maybe Hel is an exception to the rules of Prayer.

Also, protip (with some spoilers): give Julia a Fire tome at the end of Ch9, rather than an empty inventory.

Reduces her AS by 7 more than the Lightning tome she gets if she has no weapons during her kidnapping, which can mean a lot if she's attacking your characters in the Final. Less Pursuit, less Continue.

I had the same problem with Tyrfing!Celice (Tyrfing gives Prayer) attacking and dying to Manfroy after being hit by Hel. I have no clue what caused it, just confirming it exists. Maybe Hel is an exception to the rules of Prayer.

Also, protip (with some spoilers): give Julia a Fire tome at the end of Ch9, rather than an empty inventory.

Reduces her AS by 7 more than the Lightning tome she gets if she has no weapons during her kidnapping, which can mean a lot if she's attacking your characters in the Final. Less Pursuit, less Continue.

I just went with Resire, though it is more powerful. 70 hit. Less likely for her to die if I do something stupid. Or if she does something stupid.

And this is my second playthrough. My first had turn counts about 2 to 3 times as high as my turn counts this time around (though they still aren't exactly great).

And I'm betting Hel just doesn't allow for Prayer. Prayer probably gets activated by taking actual damage and the game checks to see if the hp dropped under 11. Hel is probably treated similar to if the turn just started under 11 hp. Stupid programming, in that case.

edit: Anyone else ever miss out on hp during a level despite the character having over 100% hp growth? It happened to my Lakche once, and also my Altenna.

Edited by Narga_Rocks