another "I'm so stupid" topic

whase

can't believe I found this out this late (my 4th PT),

herons actually can attack, using cards.

Am I really this stupid or are there others who also found out very late (or not yet at all)?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't believe I found this out this late (my 4th PT),

herons actually can attack, using cards.

Am I really this stupid or are there others who also found out very late (or not yet at all)?

Well, it's not exactly put out in the open. It is good to help Reyson boost his gauge though so he can multi vigor quicker, but there's not a whole lot of other reasons to do so. But yes, most of us knew but I doubt many of us do so a lot since we have to but the heron in range of the enemy, which isn't exactly a smart idea.

Well, it's not exactly put out in the open. It is good to help Reyson boost his gauge though so he can multi vigor quicker, but there's not a whole lot of other reasons to do so. But yes, most of us knew but I doubt many of us do so a lot since we have to but the heron in range of the enemy, which isn't exactly a smart idea.

Its not that bad of an idea when they are maxed. O.o

But there really isn't much point. I learned that they could attack during the time after I finished my first playthrough, but before I started my second.

Well, by the time they are maxed, most enemies won't take much damage from a card anyway. Even 34 magic damage isn't great by then. (24 magic + 10 MT card)

Actually, Leanne caps Magic at 30 (Transformed). So that's 40 Might. That's a 20/8 Soren's firepower with Elwind.

Not that it's actually good or anything...

Actually, Leanne caps Magic at 30 (Transformed). So that's 40 Might. That's a 20/8 Soren's firepower with Elwind.

No. Thats not good at all. /sarcasm

I hack. Haven't I said that before?

I understated their magic. I thought it was 12/24 for Reyson and 13/26 for Leanne and Rafiel. Of course, I'd rather give my cards to a transformed Nasir for 60 MT. :)

I understated their magic. I thought it was 12/24 for Reyson and 13/26 for Leanne and Rafiel. Of course, I'd rather give my cards to a transformed Nasir for 60 MT. :)

Does he need cards? Hes got his own weapon. o.o

Does he need cards? Hes got his own weapon. o.o

Would your herons prefer to attack themselves or vigor another unit so that unit can attack twice? Seeing as though this is a simple thought experiment and not something that anyone's going to consider in a serious playthrough, I don't see why Nasir wouldn't get the cards. Although, now that I think about it, Ena would do way better since she has so much magic compared to her strength. :)

when you get nasir, you also have laguz gems.

The only time I've ever used this is to help level them up. They get tons of exp from attacking, especially with paragon. pretty much a level every 2 attacks iirc.

It also helps get their gauge to go up, but that's really only relevant for Reyson.

It also helps get their gauge to go up, but that's really only relevant for Reyson.

If I wanted their gauge to go up, I would just waste turns, assuming I have no advancing enemies. I really don't care about my turn count. ever.

Edit: well, I do care about it when the turns are limited. (2-P, 2-E, 3-1, 3-5, 3-13, ...)

Edited by core34510

If I wanted their gauge to go up, I would just waste turns, assuming I have no advancing enemies. I really don't care about my turn count. ever.

But then you'd start to lose tons of BEXP. Of course, if you don't care about BEXP, that's fine. But I still find it to be incredibly useful.

But then you'd start to lose tons of BEXP. Of course, if you don't care about BEXP, that's fine. But I still find it to be incredibly useful.

Considering that I play EM for my standard PTs because I think it's funner, BEXP really isn't an issue. Besides, I only use herons heavily in part 4. I take rafiel to 1-E, Leanne is useful during part 2, Reyson makes his way into a few chapters in part 3. And Rafiel and Leanne don't really care whether they're transformed, so it would really only take BEXP form me a few chapters in part 3 if I even wanted Reyson transformed. I typically take Rafiel to endgame so he can be one-shotted by Ashera on turn 2.

Considering that I play EM for my standard PTs because I think it's funner, BEXP really isn't an issue. Besides, I only use herons heavily in part 4. I take rafiel to 1-E, Leanne is useful during part 2, Reyson makes his way into a few chapters in part 3. And Rafiel and Leanne don't really care whether they're transformed, so it would really only take BEXP form me a few chapters in part 3 if I even wanted Reyson transformed. I typically take Rafiel to endgame so he can be one-shotted by Ashera on turn 2.

If you're playing EM, I thought Ashera didn't use her single target attack? I don't care, she's dead by the end of turn 2 every time I play, so I can't say for certain.

If you're playing EM, I thought Ashera didn't use her single target attack? I don't care, she's dead by the end of turn 2 every time I play, so I can't say for certain.

You're right, she doesn't use the single target attack, but the attack she uses that hits everyone kills Rafiel

Edit: oh cool a fifth dot

Edited by core34510

Cards are one of those things that makes you wonder what the hell IS was thinking.

The only time I've actually used cards for combat purposes is 2-1, I gave the card you get at the house to Heather, so she can damage armors.

Cards are one of those things that makes you wonder what the hell IS was thinking.

I could guess that they were thinking of making something that would make the Magic stat useful to non-magic-users (since magic users have at least some use for their Strength stat: it enables them to use heavier tomes without a penalty to their speed), but then I remembered that in PoR, there were wind swords, fire lances, and thunder axes that derived their might from the user's Magic rather than Strength.

Seriously... Why in Ashera's name didn't they bring those magic weapons back in RD?

Edited by Paper Jam