LLia route or Sacae route?

Deliriyum

Which route?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Which route is better?

• Llia
    • Sacae

I guess this Merlinus kid is just obstinately dense on top of admitting he's an amateur.

Miledy does not 'WTFrape' enemies when she joins. She has double attacking issues even when she caps her speed. And that isn't until Bern. 23 is not that good a cap. Thany is feasibly 1 removed from that a third of the game ago.

Enemy casters do compose a fraction above decent of the enemy ranks and are often mixed in closely with melee, like in ch. 22. Resistance matters, regardless of how much you want to ridicule it vs. other stats. Every stat adds up, what does it matter if Miledy caps some of them? Congrats. So does Thany. Miledy's defense isn't bad but hardly clink-echelon and her resistance remains bad. Thany thrashes Miledy at one-rounding casters because it something she's good at whereas Miledy would much rather avoid fighting them altogether or likely waste a healer's opportunity to pitch in and help rout stuff, since her avoid is no better than mediocre. So much for personal versatility. Also something of a mark against efficiency on top of being a poor team player since she's not receiving/reciprocating supports, her list reads not unlike a scatological joke. Thany's doesn't. Ellen - very arguably superfluous and the affinities don't mesh well. Treck - not hard to fall into obscurity even when levelled either and the affinities don't mesh well. Lugh and Zeiss - meh. No need for little babies or fellow defense-tuned flyers who join 2/3s into the game at 7/0. Yodel - 6 chapters left and also sucks, even more.

Apart from perhaps nomads, which have long quit existing unless you're gay for Sacae for some reason, I don't think Miledy wanting the Delphi shield more than Thany when she's promoted warrants any kind of analytical explanation, because bowmen are like casters and can't always be outranged and delivered first strike upon - the enemies are not that lame. That description of mediocre for her avoid is probably too kind considering the enemy stats, in fact. 10 constitution is even kind of mediocre when it comes to swords when your speed only caps at 23.

Edited by Blutritter

I haven't tried Sacae route yet but I <3 Ilia route, Yuno is my favorite character :3. I'll take Sacae on hard mode even if its a lot harder; maybe i should of taken ilia on hard mode but too late.

Also Miledy vs Thany, Thany is available much longer and enemies during her available time are much easier and trying to hurry to make Lalum recruit Percival is difficult enough I remember getting owned a lot because all the cavaliers would aim for Miledy or Lalum instead of Tate or Thany, Lalum would avoid most hits but Miledy usually was killed.

Peg knights blow in this game so I can't be arsed to train them. So I usually end up in Sacae. Actually, I always do. I've only played FE6 three times (not one of my favs) and each time I've gone to Sacae. I don't even know what Illia looks like. :\

Peg knights blow in this game so I can't be arsed to train them. So I usually end up in Sacae. Actually, I always do. I've only played FE6 three times (not one of my favs) and each time I've gone to Sacae. I don't even know what Illia looks like. :\

http://www.fireemblemwod.net/fe6/guiafe6/cap17B.htm

Click on Suiguiente at the bottom of the page to see the other maps.

Note that chapter 19 has Fog of War.

Edited by BsTrD

As much as you hate the Peg knights, Illia is shittons prettier than Sacane. I would suggest you watch vids. :/

It's very feasible for Thany to reach 20/1 at the start of Nabata

Thany has a much, much worse start than Miledy and never beats her in durability. I really can't see Thany beating Miledy by the time she shows up unless she promotes early (Western Isles + Early chapter axes = bad). Thany is one of the worst combat units in the first few chapters, getting 2RKOed and dealing very little damage back. Miledy has better durability and can use the Horseslayer to nab a few kills, and there aren't as many axe-wielding units later on so she doesn't have the same problem as Thany. Giving her the Delphi Shield in Sacae is a much better choice than giving Thany the Delphi Shield since almost everything tinks her.

Miledy does start doubling if you actually train her (45% Spd growth), and has higher STR growth as well. It will become more significant once both of them are doubling. I still can't see why Miledy's avoid is "mediocre" considering she doesn't get weighed down by Lances and has pretty good Speed to boot. Casters (excluding Aircalibur guys) don't mean instant death for Miledy as she has good avoid, isn't doubled and has high HP, and there aren't many casters in the game anyway. Thany however will face bigger problems with the much more common physical enemies, especially before promotion.

Also, supports don't contribute as much as combat utility. Miledy, like Percival isn't screwed for life if she doesn't get supports / give out supports.

Thany has a much, much worse start than Miledy and never beats her in durability. I really can't see Thany beating Miledy by the time she shows up unless she promotes early (Western Isles + Early chapter axes = bad). Thany is one of the worst combat units in the first few chapters, getting 2RKOed and dealing very little damage back. Miledy has better durability and can use the Horseslayer to nab a few kills, and there aren't as many axe-wielding units later on so she doesn't have the same problem as Thany. Giving her the Delphi Shield in Sacae is a much better choice than giving Thany the Delphi Shield since almost everything tinks her.

Miledy does start doubling if you actually train her (45% Spd growth), and has higher STR growth as well. It will become more significant once both of them are doubling. I still can't see why Miledy's avoid is "mediocre" considering she doesn't get weighed down by Lances and has pretty good Speed to boot. Casters (excluding Aircalibur guys) don't mean instant death for Miledy as she has good avoid, isn't doubled and has high HP, and there aren't many casters in the game anyway. Thany however will face bigger problems with the much more common physical enemies, especially before promotion.

Also, supports don't contribute as much as combat utility. Miledy, like Percival isn't screwed for life if she doesn't get supports / give out supports.

Avoid and resistance are indeed part of durability, for your information. HP and defense don't seal the deal. It's being proven as we speak over at Fire Emblem Fusion that Thany's earlygame combat isn't anywhere near as bad as you make it out to be. And her durability can be worked around way easier than some nub like Chad or Lugh who can get one-shotted because she flies and she doesn't need to go near axemen to be levelled. If you won't believe the numbers, then at least have the pair to say you're simply biased against her. And if that's only earlygame.....Western Isles aren't axemen exclusive last I checked. Who cares about going to Sacae unless they somehow prefer to make their team look weak and cripple their Tactics?

I already pointed out Miledy's use of the horseslayer is not sound. She loses 4 AS. Go check that European HM sample site and do the math. If she misses, which is not out of the question, that's lame, she can be double attacked and that's also lame on ch. 13 when you have to face horsemen stronger than most individual unpromoted members of the team in droves.

Don't lecture me about Miledy's speed growth or training her. You sound like a fool. 10 constitution means she can be weighed down by a few lances and her speed cap is nothing to hype. I'm tolerant, and flight is hawt on ch. 14 and 14x regardless if you're Miledy/Tate and getting your ass quite booted performance-wise by a fully promoted Thany, so I'll go ahead and fully promote this wyvern rider, but that certainly doesn't mean she has this definite enthusiastic chance to be fielded every chapter afterwards. Her avoid is meh and her supports blow. Do you need it spelled out for you? Speed always hovering around 20, crappy luck and resistance, crappy/non-existent supports = might as well have 'spank me' carved into her wyvern if some promoted caster is in her range on enemy phase or she tries to one-round one on yours. I know between Thany and Miledy who I'd rather gamble on avoiding a counter entirely with a killing edge later on.

I don't know why you attempt to downplay the enemy caster numbers and the fact they like to move. Look, I can play that futile game too. "There aren't that many mercenaries/heroes/myrmidons/swordmasters in the game anyway" going by what must be your logic if I want to highlight one of Miledy's strong suits over Thany. In all seriousness, I'd say there are even a lot less. Oh, wait.....Miledy isn't someone you can count on to double attack them......anyway. What does Miledy specialize in fighting that Thany can't once both are promoted?

For that matter, what is special about Miledy's combat utility? At least Percival has the option of building a support with Lalum, a resistance stat worth something for melee and isn't trying to monopolize an item to clog his inventory so he doesn't get bruised hard with any bow sporting higher might than iron. And his avoid with or without a weapon triangle advantage is certainly higher, and his speed means only the handful of swordmasters around will ever escape a double attack from him.

Miledy's avoid isn't horrible by any means. You're making it out as if Thany's resistance / small avoid lead actually gives her an advantage over Miledy's reliable HP / Defence and decent avoid. I don't see how Thany's durability can be "worked around" if she's flying, she can get kills easier and stay out of the way, but if she can't move again after fighting which means she'll face the same problems as Chad or Lugh, she is vulnerable to attacks on enemy phase.

I'd like to see the numbers of base Thany vs. enemies in Chapter 2 and Chapter 3 versus Miledy's performance against enemies in Chapter 13 and 14. I really don't see how being flying allows her to be trained easier than Chad and Lugh, the former of which can dodge axemen with ease, the latter being able to snipe off units and deal with Armors reliably.

Base Miledy (with HM bonuses) - 38 HP 17 STR 15 SKL 13 SPD 8 LUK 16 DEF 4 RES 9 CON

with Horseslayer - 9 AS, 26 Avo, 109 Hit, 13 Mt

with Iron Lance - 13 AS, 34 Avo, 104 Hit, 8 Mt

with Steel Lance - 9 AS, 26 Avo, 89 Hit, 13 Mt

C13 Cavalier with Steel Lance - 8 AS

C13 Paladin with Silver Lance - 13 AS

Horseslayer Miledy vs. C13 Cavalier -

56 Atk / 9 AS / 109 Hit vs. 38 HP / 10 Def / 8 AS / 23 Avo - 46 damage, OHKO at 86 Accuracy (98% true)

Paladin -

56 Atk / 9 AS / 109 Hit vs. 43 HP / 11 Def / 13 AS / 33 Avo - 45 damage, OHKO at 76 Accuracy (95% true)

Silver Lance Paladin vs. Miledy -

28 Atk / 13 AS / 94 Hit vs. 38 HP / 16 Def / 9 AS / 26 Avo -> 12x2 damage at 68 Accuracy, meaning Miledy will survive if she misses due to 5% chance (#_#)

Iron Lance Miledy vs. C13 Cavalier -

25 Atk / 13 AS / 104 Hit vs. 38 HP / 10 Def / 8 AS / 23 Avo - 15x2 damage, 2RKO at 81 Accuracy

Miledy functions well even without the Horseslayer, being able to nab kills when the cavs are slightly weakened and weaken them for other members to kill. In addition, she can survive two rounds of combat with the Paladin with Iron Lance equipped as her AS is not gimped.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that Thany's better performance against Mages > Miledy's better performance against everything else? I still don't see how she gets "spanked" when attacked by Mages considering she has high HP and doesn't get doubled. How promoted casters "spank" Miledy I can't see considering their low density and her higher AS. There's practically like 5 casters on every map at most, I don't see how that adds up to the huge advantage Thany seems to have over Miledy.

I like how you try to downplay Miledy's Speed. At promotion her speed is on par with Lances' due to HM bonuses, and 23 Speed cap doesn't matter much if at all, she still doubles everything that isn't a Hero or an SM, both of which can be argued to be more threatening to Thany than to Miledy due to the latter's higher Def. With WTA, Miledy can tank these guys with ease. Thany doesn't have a notable offensive lead at all since Miledy beats her in Strength and can wield heavier lances without AS loss.

C22 Hero w/ Steel Sword against 20/1 Miledy -

28 Atk / 20 AS against 50 HP / 20 Def / 19 AS - 8 damage, 6RKO

Brave Sword Hero -

30 Atk / 17 AS against 50 HP / 20 Def / 19 AS - 10x2 damage, 3RKO

(Sidenote: I like the fact that base Miledy ties 20/20 Thany in STR)

And her durability can be worked around way easier than some nub like Chad or Lugh who can get one-shotted because she flies and she doesn't need to go near axemen to be levelled.

Yeah, and it's scary that Lugh can get doubled by axemen early in the game.

I already pointed out Miledy's use of the horseslayer is not sound. She loses 4 AS. Go check that European HM sample site and do the math. If she misses, which is not out of the question, that's lame, she can be double attacked and that's also lame on ch. 13 when you have to face horsemen stronger than most individual unpromoted members of the team in droves.

Oh, wow. That's only one chapter that you have to baby her in. She'll get assertive enough in Chapter 14, as most of the enemies actually are weaker than the Chapter 13 ones. Chapter 14 is only more difficult because of finishing in under 25 turns is no easy task in HM.

Speed always hovering around 20, crappy luck and resistance, crappy/non-existent supports = might as well have 'spank me' carved into her wyvern if some promoted caster is in her range on enemy phase or she tries to one-round one on yours. I know between Thany and Miledy who I'd rather gamble on avoiding a counter entirely with a killing edge later on.

Crappy luck to her only happens when you abuse her in an arena.

I don't know why you attempt to downplay the enemy caster numbers and the fact they like to move. Look, I can play that futile game too. "There aren't that many mercenaries/heroes/myrmidons/swordmasters in the game anyway" going by what must be your logic if I want to highlight one of Miledy's strong suits over Thany. In all seriousness, I'd say there are even a lot less. Oh, wait.....Miledy isn't someone you can count on to double attack them......anyway. What does Miledy specialize in fighting that Thany can't once both are promoted?

Durability and better attack power upon which Shani fails in for most of the game. She only caps five more speed than Miledy and that Axemen are alot more common than Mercs. Unless you spam with the Axebuster upon which she loses 7 speed in until class change, you might as well promote her under LV20 since enemies that don't use Axes are quite scarce.

For that matter, what is special about Miledy's combat utility? At least Percival has the option of building a support with Lalum, a resistance stat worth something for melee and isn't trying to monopolize an item to clog his inventory so he doesn't get bruised hard with any bow sporting higher might than iron. And his avoid with or without a weapon triangle advantage is certainly higher, and his speed means only the handful of swordmasters around will ever escape a double attack from him.

Perceival is better, yes. But we aren't talking about him. This is Shani and Miledy only discussion.

Thany blows. Miledy is clearly way better and top tier.

lol @ Sigune mattering

Generic Sacae Boss X is better. Why? They get bonuses from the gates, and those bonuses are hot. Maybe if bosses like Sigune, Flaer, and Narshen charged at you like FE 4 flying bosses and had some General sit on the throne/gate instead, they'd be hard, but they don't.

I personally prefer Ilia route, because Sacae is just a bitch. Nomads, SMs, Bolting, berserk/sleep staves, multiple bosses on gates are not fun. Weighed down Peg Knights and ballistae are really not so bad.

And Miledy is >>>Thany. Even if we go through the effort of training Thany, Miledy will still beat her. I guess the gap on Normal isn't too large, but Miledy's HM bonuses are insane (and Thany's earlygame troubles are magnified).

Edited by -Cynthia-

• 2 weeks later...

I'm probably going to end up doing Sacae on any of my playthroughs since I overuse Shin. :P He honestly have more levels than Sue, Thany, and Tate combined on my game. Plus, you'll have to use Zealot to recruit Yuno and Shin to recruit Dayan, so it makes sense for me to go Sacae as Shin's one of my favorite units to use while I'd have to go and protect Zealot, as well as wasting a slot that could be given to a unit that's actually good.

Just my personal opinion though.

So I can't compare the routes, but Sacae wasn't all that hard. Though the RNGs still hate my swordsmen, but that's beside the point.

• 2 weeks later...

Thany or Tate can recruit Yuno.

I prefer Illia but I usually go Sacae since I never use the Pegasus Knights, but I always over use Sue. Next time I'm going to arena abuse the pegasus sisters to 20/20.

• 12 years later...

I love Illia the maps are beutiful and make me love the locations of the game, i always remembere: remi and eddesa, the Woods of illia are beutiful but in sacae i can,t remember anything, only nomads.

But I recognize sacae is a good path but in personal I preefer Illia 

( if something I say is Wrong please forgive me I am spanish so the english is a bit complicated)