Forum Games subforum added

VincentASM

You can find it under the Far from the Forest board.

Unlike previous subforum additions, don't expect the staff to move old topics into the new subforum (due to the immense size of FFTF). However, if you have any requests, please make them here.

Edited by VincentASM

don't expect the staff to move old topics into the new subforum (due to the immense size of FFTF)

Stop being lazy Vincent

On a more serious note, moving the games on the first page of FftF would be enough already, no? The others are most likely dead threads anyway.

I actually moved a few topics from the front page to the forum games section. I didn't view all the ones I moved though, so if I forgot some or accidentally moved a topic I shouldn't have, just leave a message here.

I think this is a bad move.

Not only is it a pain for people who participate in "forum games" as well as normal topics to have to check an extra forum, this change will siphon attention (and thus readership and posts) away from the "normal" topics in Far from the Forest. The same will happen for the "game" topics.

In addition, the space taken up at the top of the page by the subforum when you visit Far from the Forest means that two more topics are hidden until you scroll down. (I also had this complaint about the practically inactive chat subforum, which hides twice as much because without it there would be no subforum menu.)

I don't even understand why it was necessary, the actual number of forum games isn't so high as to disrupt anything.

You bring up valid points. However, this move also allows for more control and organisation from our side. One little error in your message was that there aren't many games going on - there quite a lot, actually. Tons of hurt and heal things, lots of 'the above poster' game, and so on. I just couldn't be bothered to move all of them. If we would have to check large amount of topics x and large amount of topics y in one section, that's a lot less efficient than doing the same in two separate sections.

That makes sense, I can see how the move helps from a moderator's perspective. I still think that adding a new subforum was not the best solution, however.

I have a few ideas if you guys aren't completely set on making this subforum permanent. If you are, I'll stop publicly criticizing you. : D

Edited by Hero

I think this is a bad move.

Not only is it a pain for people who participate in "forum games" as well as normal topics to have to check an extra forum, this change will siphon attention (and thus readership and posts) away from the "normal" topics in Far from the Forest. The same will happen for the "game" topics.

In addition, the space taken up at the top of the page by the subforum when you visit Far from the Forest means that two more topics are hidden until you scroll down. (I also had this complaint about the practically inactive chat subforum, which hides twice as much because without it there would be no subforum menu.)

I don't even understand why it was necessary, the actual number of forum games isn't so high as to disrupt anything.

Well, there are some games that there just weren't a place for. The Mafia game could not go in the main FftF board (for obvious reasons), yet it didn't quite belong in the general forum. I was actually going to suggest a Role-Playing board, except that I saw this announcement.

Edited by General Spoon

That makes sense, I can see how the move helps from a moderator's perspective. I still think that adding a new subforum was not the best solution, however.

I have a few ideas if you guys aren't completely set on making this subforum permanent. If you are, I'll stop publicly criticizing you. : D

If you have any suggestions, you're more than welcome to place a ticket ; )