Display name changes

VincentASM

WHY VINCENT

(Also, you should merge the chatroom announcement with this one. This is certainly the most important announcement of the two, and yet the chatroom thread is the one classified as "latest news" in the forum header.)

Neat. I've been here however long, and out of all the people that I've known here, I only know who like 3 of them are now because people change their display names so much, haha.

Yeah same. It gets very confusing and a little numbing to have to click on display name history just to make sure who is posting what. I dont mind this at all.

I would have preferred 2/60 days. The difference is subtle, but I like the idea of having a 'backup' change in case there is some pressing reason to change names.

I actually think that 2/45 days or so would be superior to either though, and I ask that you consider changing the amount of name changes to that instead.

I would have preferred 2/60 days. The difference is subtle, but I like the idea of having a 'backup' change in case there is some pressing reason to change names.

I actually think that 2/45 days or so would be superior to either though, and I ask that you consider changing the amount of name changes to that instead.

If you have any suggestions related to this change, please use the ticket system.

See, I disagree with allowing name changes at all. Most sites, only allow you to have one user name. It makes it a lot easier for people to know who is who. (people like me who don't check the display name history button often). I mean, if it's a name you didn't like, why name yourself it in the first place. Most sites, only let you have one name. Granted I've only been on one other forum, but I personally think, name changes complicate things.

One example: when people refer to users by their old names, so newer members don't know who they are talking about and it just gets confusing.

I'm also a fan of not changing names. I got sick of it, and just stopped. If you need your name changed, you can always ask an admin to do it.

Or just keep the option available and allow it a couple times so you don't have to bother the admin every time you want to change it.

Display name history, the dots below the member title and fave FE title have always made it easier to quickly figure out who's who when there's name changes going on.

Edited by Speedwagon

Or just keep the option available and allow it a couple times so you don't have to bother the admin every time you want to change it.

Display name history, the dots below the member title and fave FE title have always made it easier to quickly figure out who's who when there's name changes going on.

Don't forget original join date as well. That's how I learned to keep the two GO's straight.

It's a pretty good change, though I do agree that it should have been 2/60 days. Just in case something went wrong with your name change (looks at Camtech).

I knew it. And Lloyd was right, too.

What? >_>

It's a pretty good change, though I do agree that it should have been 2/60 days.

Funny you mention that. We already changed it to 2 per 60 days before you made this post, thanks to Randomly Predictable : p