FE6 HM Tier List

Colonel M

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be able to buy Zealot > Noah for now. I remember Reikken posting something, but it was likely tilted with the support factor and, to be honest, Noah doesn't have much of a "good" period.

EDIT: Nothing major on Echinda yet, but I'm still looking. Her durability is definitely suspect here.

Also, with Sue. I think she should go up a little bit. I might post something on this matter later.

Edited by Colonel M

Also, with Sue. I think she should go up a little bit. I might post something on this matter later.

Now I'm interested, do tell how she could possibly have any sort of possible way of rising at all when at best she can only drop, thanks to having pisspoor offense, offense of which is pretty important for an archer?

Now I'm interested, do tell how she could possibly have any sort of possible way of rising at all when at best she can only drop, thanks to having pisspoor offense, offense of which is pretty important for an archer?

Actually 10/1 Sue doesn't do so bad in the Isles due to the max Axe rush. She can also wield the Bows if she needs the offense desperately. Either way, I'll address this when I can.

Actually 10/1 Sue doesn't do so bad in the Isles due to the max Axe rush. She can also wield the Bows if she needs the offense desperately. Either way, I'll address this when I can.

You don't get an Orion's Bolt until chapter 10 or 11. You have 2-1 chapters left on the isles (before the gaiden) and you're into lance territory.

Only way I could believe you is to perhaps show how good she is during those chapters with her dinky iron sword, and if she can get a rank up by the time you leave (2-3 chapters? Doubtful).

Why is carrying 100 items for you considered bottom tier?

Doesn't exactly do a lot of good on the battlefield, where he has no real use otherwise.

This looks surprisingly like that Thany argument that got her to upper mid. Wasn't it proven that babying Thany to promotion by the Isles wasn't necessary since she was a utility character that could do her job without ever gaining a point in exp?

This looks surprisingly like that Thany argument that got her to upper mid. Wasn't it proven that babying Thany to promotion by the Isles wasn't necessary since she was a utility character that could do her job without ever gaining a point in exp?

Thany having flying is already a great boon; having decent combat on top of that is a bonus.

Thany having flying is already a great boon; having decent combat on top of that is a bonus.

I wasn't saying that Thany doesn't deserve her spot in upper mid, because she does, I'm saying that I'm noticing parallels between when someone earlier argued that Thany's combat with swords postpromotion was actually good when clearly it isn't true, and arguing Sue up for being good in the western isle after early promoting as well doesn't make her a good combatant either.

Thany is great because you don't really ever even need to do anything for her except deploy her in order to reap basically full benefits from her utility. I'm still not convinced she has a decent combat however as I think http://fegenesis.forummotion.com/sword-of-seals-f1/thany-ilia-could-reasonably-move-down-to-lower-mid-t118.htm puts good analysis showing how painful it is to baby Thany.

Edited by User Account

Well, in a sense the Sue argument is just making sure that she can counterattack eventually. I guess she's still a pretty scrubby unit, but when you think about it... do you really think she's worse than Barst?

Well, dondon expressed his thoughts with Thany's offense, but if you'd like you can try to address them. I wish you luck though. =/

Well, in a sense the Sue argument is just making sure that she can counterattack eventually. I guess she's still a pretty scrubby unit, but when you think about it... do you really think she's worse than Barst?

I would hope so, Barst is the best unit in FEDS!

Merlinus' contributions aren't carrying 100 items - they're giving you access to up to 100 items on the battlefield, but with the cost of having a defenseless wagon near the character that wants them.

Oh... shit...

I meant Barth. Thanks for the catch.

Which case yes, I do think Barth is better on account of early promotion helping him laugh his ass off through the isles (along with 5 move, so he can actually do his job of tanking for the rest of your unpromoted buddies). I'd certainly take that idea of utility with opportunity cost>Early promoting a unit to be not so ok at combat when I could have sold her promotion item for cash better spent.

Barth has the mobility of a ball of dung and the offensive power of one, too.

You forgot he can't even hit the broad side of a barn.

http://fe.dead-end.biz/fe6hmch7.html

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe6/average/sue.html

Opening chapter with iron, she does 1 damage to cavs, 5 to archers, can barely 3RKO healers, with Steel it's not that much better. She can ride her horsie all she wants, this blows. Even the wyvern she only does 7 damage. If she were to use Steel on it, she has 83 base hit with it, and this sucker with steel have 20 avoid with steel, 24 with a javelin. This is especially bad for 2 reasons, because if she misses she's in immediate danger. Those 2 reasons are A. That wyvern with a steel has exactly the right might to OHKO her, and 2. That steel bow weighs her down by 4 (5 con to 9 weight) which weighs her down to 4 AS, which that wyvern can double with a javelin. Yeah, good luck with that.

Then in chapter 8

http://fe.dead-end.biz/fe6hmch8.html

She eneds to proc Str just to 2RKO loldiers. For fuck's sakes, she 4RKOs mages. Her only advantage here is she's another mobile unit to transport people, but otherwise that's about it. So far, she's struggling to have usable offense against soldiers and mages, why am I not impressed?

Barth's not impressive either due to the nature of the map, but at least he can fend off the northern reinforcements and steal some kills there. He only needs 1 level after all. Goes for 8x as well, Sue's unimpressive, Barth can't catch up.

http://fe.dead-end.biz/fe6hmch9.html

I'll assume 10/1 for Barth, level 8 for Sue (7 levels in 3 chapters where she's vastly unimpressive, I feel I'm being incredibly generous).

Well she doubles everything outside of mercs and mages on the bright side, but she can't even 2RKO pirates. Her offense picked up, but it still goes without enemy phase. Barth however has the following parameters.

30 HP, 13.6 Str, 8.25 Skill, 8.2 Speed, 2.2 Luck, 18 Def, 4.02 Res B Lances E Axes

Axers do a grand total of 5 damage to him, a 6RKO. Handies do 1 damage to him, mercs do 1 damage to him with their steel, and archers are panzies. The mages are hulled up near the fortress, so by the time you face them the map's basically over. At base with the hand axe, he has 20 might, which cuts these people in half at least. He doubles steel pirates for an ORKO. If he were to fight them with an iron axe, he'd have 70 displayed Acc. While his ACC is shaky, he already has 2 things going for him. 1. He has enemy phase, both 1-2 that when connects is equal to 2 shots from Sue if not stronger on occasions, 2. You would have to try to get him killed. Best of all, thanks to promotion, he's about as mobile as any other foot soldier. Such as...

10/0 Lott-34.6 HP, 9.1 Str, 8.1 Skill, 9.45 Speed, 4.1 Luck, 6.8 Def, 2.05 Res

He needs at least B Deick and A Ward/Thany, or BB Thany+Ward just to match offensively, where defensively he can't compete, especially not with the triangle control vs mercs. He's not even that much more accurate, and this dude's in upper mid.

Do I even need to go on? Does mobility alone REALLY outdo this sort of difference in performance?

Bors can't hit well when he joins due to axe users. Wendy is even worse for having lower Def and coming underleveled to Axe Fest.

Barth only has Def...he could turn out better than Douglas if trained, his Str, Skill, Def and even Spd will be higher by the time Douglas joins.

Douglas is exellent for his two A ranks and having great HP.