ROM Question

Caliban of Sycorax

No, I don't care where they are. But It's bugged me a lot. How safe is a ROM? I've heard so much...It's illegal if you don't delete it within 24 hours, it's illegal, blah blah blah.

I want to know the whole truth: is it safe and is it illegal or not?

For fucks sake, yes it is. Here.

http://jyosua.superbusnet.com/PICT0166.JPG

Now do you believe me?

I should tell you, defying me when I'm right, really ticks me off.

If you don't think a ROM is a backup copy, I'll tell you how they're made. People take the cartridge, connect it to a device, that dumps the memory of the cartridge aka the ROM image, onto a PC, creating a backup.

It's not like I'm going to warn him. I'll just curse a whole lot.

It might be wise to note that in certain countries the laws don't apply. The Netherlands is usually the number one example of one of these places, and that's because they're lax in quite a few of their laws. I'm not sure about Kyle though, it looks like he's an aussie and I don't know their laws. However, for Archangel who lives in the US, it's illegal. It's also illegal for me as well, but frankly I don't give a crap. XD

I should tell you, defying me when I'm right, really ticks me off.

If you don't think a ROM is a backup copy, I'll tell you how they're made. People take the cartridge, connect it to a device, that dumps the memory of the cartridge aka the ROM image, onto a PC, creating a backup.

You sound like Blitz right there..........And you are right it's illegal. and illegal, and illegal, and illegal, and illegal, and...ILLEGAL!

FEE. Our resident....."GOD" as he calls himself. You seemed to have his attitude for a bit. And may i ask since im sorta new. ARe you the owner of this site -_- hate to be stupid but. Just curious.

Owner of the forum not the site. VincentASM owns the site site.

O.K I don't feel like a retard anymore. ^^ But let's stop spamming up this thread. We must stay on topic right? I have a message for those of you who own ROMs. DO NOT TELL ANYONE YOU OWN A ROM. That's how you get arrested.

O.K I don't feel like a retard anymore. ^^ But let's stop spamming up this thread. We must stay on topic right? I have a message for those of you who own ROMs. DO NOT TELL ANYONE YOU OWN A ROM. That's how you get arrested.

The perfect words to say. Thumbs up for you!