Wow...just wow

The Envoy of the Beginning

After dealing with thousands and thousands of students, I think educators tend to get burned out and less eager to get to know their new students, to treat them the way they would people outside--after all, they'll all be gone and replaced in the blink of an eye. Needless to say morality is no longer a consideration at this point when dealing with students.

There was a big commotion in California six or seven years ago when it was revealed that a middle school vice principle had been disciplining ADHD students by handcuffing them and locking them in empty closets for hours at a time. She said she hadn't ever wondered whether it was right or wrong, she just did what it took to keep them under control.

-waves at webcam- Ohai Big Brother!

Seriously though, if we had any reason to trust government-issued technology before, it's gone now.

Scratch that. We didn't have a reason to trust it before. We just have an extra reason to distrust it now.

And I thought it was bad last year when they installed security cameras trained on all the doors of my school. Heck, those are probably just the ones they wanted us to see. But this is infinitely worse. There's no right-- and no reason! for schools to basically follow students home. This is disgusting.