How hard is Hector Hard Mode?

luigi bros

It really isn't, it is more likely to get screwed with around 70-80 in FE6 than it is in FE7. And FE5...yeah, getting hit at 99% or missing is no joke or anything rare.

I've missed over half of the 90+ hit attacks in Gaiden. In Fe 1, 3 and 4 you almost always have 100% hit so nobody cares

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some people find the FE6 RNG to be "worse" or more dreadful because bad RNG instances are more likely to have worse outcomes than in FE7 due to the enemies being superior in FE6. I prefer the 1 RN system from the older games myself >_>.

Anyway, of the difficulties mentioned in the first post, Hector Hard Mode is only harder than FE5 elite mode.

Edited by Speedwagon

I'm just proving to Soul that constantly missing with 90+ hitrates isn't exlusive to Fe5

I would have mentioned FE4 but I think the RNG was a bit more fair, sure, there were instances that Fin missed a bunch of attacks from axe users that had 100% Hit on him, but it must've been Prayer.

And FE3's RNG was actually decent, despite it having the same 1 RN system I felt like it wasn't as horrible as FE5's.

And FE3's RNG was actually decent, despite it having the same 1 RN system I felt like it wasn't as horrible as FE5's.

that's because everyone in Fe 1, 3 and 4 have shit avo. Nothing to do with the rng

Edited by Halluci_Nation

I meant the enemies. I just took a peek at some of the enemies in my save files and the highest avo was 13 from a sniper. Most knights have 0, as do mammkutes and cavs hover around 7. Yeah, complete bags of shit

I also took a look at my star orb'd team. 40 avo, lol

Edited by Halluci_Nation

FE5's RNG isn't any different than the FE3 RNG. The problem with FE5 is that all weapons have really crappy Hit (70 Hit on a freaking iron sword? Are you kidding me?), and having 0 or 100 Hit isn't possible either. In FE5, there simply isn't any way to prevent oneself from getting RNG-screwed.

@messy mike: It is hard compared to the GBA FEs, but not quite as "OMGHARD" as it is made out to be. It mainly has some really annoying and nasty surprises for first-timers (Gomez in 8x is a good example of this); once you know how everything works and when to expect what, it becomes quite a lot easier. Of course, this also applies to other FEs, but it applies even moreso to FE5 simply because it has a ton of nasty surprises that a first-timer wouldn't see coming.

I've never played FE5, but isn't it supposedly one of the hardest? I find it difficult to believe that it's easier than HHM with all the hype it gets.

It has a fake difficulty, most of all, it's the RNG.

FE5's RNG isn't any different than the FE3 RNG. The problem with FE5 is that all weapons have really crappy Hit (70 Hit on a freaking iron sword? Are you kidding me?), and having 0 or 100 Hit isn't possible either. In FE5, there simply isn't any way to prevent oneself from getting RNG-screwed.

The Hit doesn't have anything to do even when it's 99 on display.

I've never played FE5, but isn't it supposedly one of the hardest? I find it difficult to believe that it's easier than HHM with all the hype it gets.

We're talking about Fe5 elite mode, where every unit gets 2x exp.

Gosh. When will you learn? Fe1-5 all use the 1 rn system. The fake difficulty part only comes from stupid chapters that everybody with a brain warp-skips, namely C22 and 24x.

Raymond pretty much nailed it with the weapons having shitty hit.

The Hit doesn't have anything to do even when it's 99 on display.

It does have a lot do with it when you sometimes can't even reach those 99 Hit. Hand Axes with 45 Hit? Have fun getting 99 Hit with them.

After all, enemy AS may just be a big pile of failure, but in most chapters you also face enemy authority stars, which up enemy Hit and Avd a bit.

(Think chapter 22. 19 authority stars = +57 Hit/Avd. Have fun even getting to 50 Hit there as long as Cyas is around.)

It's the proper RNG. You're too used to the improper RNG of FE6-11, that's all.

Even if FE5's difficulty is "fake," (lol) it's still difficult compared to FE7 HHM.

Edited by Black Soldier of Chaos

to get back to the subject (see topic title if you forgot)

I'm playing HHM first time as well, and I think it really is hard.

since I'm one of those people who likes to train lower leveled units, I'm having quite some problems...

my team exists out of Hector, Eliwood, Guy (hard mode bonusses), Dorcas (lyn mode bonusses) and Matthew (Lyn mode bonusses, for some reasons by strongest unit right now). I'm on chapter 14 now, and I'll gain Erk(Lyn mode bonusses) here. (and I also trained Lucius, Wil and Nils in Lyn mode)

I can't seem to get to priscilla's village, I think I'll have to use Marcus here my next try (first time I'll ever use him).

So, I think it's hard. I'm hoping when my characters start promoting, it'll get easier.

It does have a lot do with it when you sometimes can't even reach those 99 Hit. Hand Axes with 45 Hit? Have fun getting 99 Hit with them.

You mean like Marty's base 67 Hit against soldiers in his starting chapter with a steel axe? I didn't exactly mean they had to reach 99 Hit, but it's just much more common to get screwed in FE5 than it is in FE3 & 4.

Even if FE5's difficulty is "fake," (lol) it's still difficult compared to FE7 HHM.

That's what I heard repeadetly from others in the SNES section, most of the part why FE5 is hard is the RNG seeing as enemies won't ALWAYS carry Thief Staves or other worse staves.

It's the proper RNG. You're too used to the improper RNG of FE6-11, that's all.

Have you played FE4 and 5? Ever noticed how you only hit ~60% of the time when you SHOULD be hitting 80% and then your opponents hit 60% of the time when they should hit 10%? To quote myself on something that really happened to me:

Sigurd is attacked by 8 enemies, each with 2 hit. They ALL hit and Sigurd dies. There's only a .00000000000256% chance of this happening, or 1 in 39,062,500,000,000, so I figure that it won't happen again. GUESS WHO GETS HIT BY SEVEN OF THEM AND GETS KILLED BY AN ARCHER(with 10 hit)? Sigurd. That time, there was a whole .00000000128% chance of that happening, or 1 in 78,125,000,000. Together, that's a whole .0000000000000000000032768% chance of it happening. Or 1 in 305,175,781,250,000,000,000. That's ONE IN THREE HUNDRED FIVE QUINTILLION, ONE HUNDRED SEVENTY FIVE QUADRILLION, SEVEN HUNDRED EIGHTY ONE TRILLION, TWO HUNDRED FIFTY BILLION. In comparison, the chances of them missing every time is 66.5%. That's 20,285,406,261,623,032,279,076.9241 times more likely to happen. About 20 sextillion times more likely to happen. This is pretty normal, too. Same thing happens to Alec, although it isn't quite so ridiculous (it's usually around a 1-2% chance for him) and Fin and Cuan have the same problems with hit. Fortunately, my blessed Lex could actually take all 12 hits or whatever that Sigurd kept getting hit by.

Have you played FE4 and 5? Ever noticed how you only hit ~60% of the time when you SHOULD be hitting 80% and then your opponents hit 60% of the time when they should hit 10%? To quote myself on something that really happened to me:

I doubt that happens all the time. Probability indicates that this is likely to happen to everyone from time to time. These are the events that stick out in your mind. You are less likely to remember the time where you had an 80% hit rate for 15 battles and 12 or more of them successfully hit and the enemies had 10% hit rates and hit 2 or less out of 20. You'll remember that time you hit 7 of 15 instead of 12 out of 15, and that time the enemies hit 6 or 7 out of 20 rather than 2.

Now, your example appears to be ridiculously unlikely to ever occur, even if you play for 50 years, but are you sure about the 2% hit rates? I wasn't aware Sigurd could get enemy hit that low. At level 30 he has 19.3 spd and 17 luck. With a silver sword that's 16 speed, so 32 + 17 + 10 = 59 avo. With Lachesis that's 69 avo. With Tyrfing he has 22 spd so 71 avo, or 81 with Lachesis. Unless you are talking about axe users, or if Sigurd was on a forest, I would think that the enemies would have better hit rates than 2%.

I certainly remember times in fe5 where my units got hit repeatedly by less than 10% hit rates, or when a guy missed both hits of a double with >90% hit, but far more commonly I had things like Machua in chapter 9 on a mountain take on hordes of enemies without getting hit at all, despite having >1% hit against. I think a lot were between 5 and 20, or something. Or maybe it was higher, I forget. Maybe it actually was 1%, but even then it would just mean that what normally happens happened, rather than what rarely happens happening. Anyway, for all the bad stuff, you get good stuff like my Ilyana getting 4 speed procs out of 5 levels in 4-5 and capping speed. Granted, that's around 3% rather than the extremely low percentages you got, but it's still cool when crazy good things happen.

You mean like Marty's base 67 Hit against soldiers in his starting chapter with a steel axe? I didn't exactly mean they had to reach 99 Hit, but it's just much more common to get screwed in FE5 than it is in FE3 & 4.

Yes, there is a higher chance of getting RNG screwed in FE5 than in FE3/FE4 because hit rates are much closer to 50% in FE5 than in the others for the most part. There's more room for randomness. But it's not the fault of the RNG - the RNG is the same in all three games. It's the fault of stuff like authority stars and weapons having crappy Hit, that's all.