Japanese version

Kyle Hyde

Well, forging's different - JP version, you gather forge points by selling old weapons, which allow you to forge. Units need master crowns to promote to third tier in it. Uhh... part 4 enemies are supposed to be tougher. That's about all I can think of.

Don't forget the game mode for NA FE. The names of the difficulty levels it starts like Normal Mode(JP) to Easy Mode(NA), Hard Mode(JP) to Normal Mode(NA), and Maniac Mode(JP) to Hard Mode(NA). FE10 North America only recognizes Normal Mode as if it was like Hard Mode ans Hard Mode as if it was Maniac Mode but not the Easy Mode. And that you could get a glitch easily if you transfer you easy mode data onto your game.

The Japanese version doesn't have the artwork section that the North American version does. There is a bug in which you can sit the commanding unit over a square with treasure and select and unselect him or her (to bring up the option to give commands to units) until the treasure is uncovered. I don't know if this was later amended in the Japanese version (Radiant Dawn was obviously later shipped with discs which corrected both the data transfer error and Muarim's incorrect description). This treasure exploit doesn't seem to work in any North American version but it works with my Japanese copy which I bought about five months after the game's initial release in February.

Well, forging's different - JP version, you gather forge points by selling old weapons, which allow you to forge. Units need master crowns to promote to third tier in it. Uhh... part 4 enemies are supposed to be tougher. That's about all I can think of.

I thought that was how forging was going to work after the brothers described it, but then it wasn't and I was disappointed.

Aside from those stated, the Japanese to English changes (you can work backwards for the Japanese version, obviously) are:

• Edward and Leonardo's starting levels were raised from 1 to 4.
  • Tempest Blade's critical raised from 0 to 5, Tomahawk's critical raised from 0 to 5, Arbalest's critical was raised from 0 to 15, Nosferatu's Hit raised from 65 to 80.
  • Wrath's activation changed from requiring 20 HP or less to 30 HP or less, and the activation rate was changed from Skill% to 100%.
  • Resolve's activation changed from requiring 20 HP or less to 50 HP or less, and the activation rate was changed from Strength% to 100%.
  • Edward, Leonardo and Nolan received an unique weapon each (Caladbolg, Lughnasadh and Tarvos).
  • In-game permanent saves were added, for Easy and Normal modes.
  • Some obtainable Master Crowns were removed and replaced with other items, such as Arms Scrolls.
  • Mist no longer required a Holy Crown to promote.
  • Preview movies added inbetween Parts.

• Wrath's activation changed from requiring 20 HP or less to 30 HP or less, and the activation rate was changed from Skill% to 100%.
  • Resolve's activation changed from requiring 20 HP or less to 50 HP or less, and the activation rate was changed from Strength% to 100%.

do you mean 20% of HP? (30%, 50%)

yeah, otherwise, those skills would almost always be activated at the beginning of the game

*face palm*

100% activation would mean it would always be activated under 20 hp...eddie doesn't always have it activated at the beginning of the game...Edward "so yeah, a little bird told me you needed help!...*wrath activates*...Hulk is feeling angry!!!" it doesn't happen that way...yes it activates a lot, but until Eddie levels up a bit, Wrath would always be activated, which it's not...