Mafia Round 3

General Spoon

Luke Von Fabre- A Tales character who wields swords. Also somewhat inexperienced/idiotic of a character but tons of shit happens to him, it's impossible to fit it onto one post without a tl;dr.

Fuck you.

I'll vote for Candlejack.

EDIT: It's Fon, not Von :facepalm:

EDIT2: Vote change

Edited by Luke Fon Fabre

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, so so far, Candlejack really has stood out as someone who is making a noticeable effort to help town, which is certainly good, but this name speculation is running kind of rampant. I mean now that you look back on it, you wonder how you can miss stuff like Protoman, but then again, you have stuff like Crysta being shot for like 3 straight hours which was supposed to indicate CATS somehow. Most of what's been presented is mostly speculation and no particularly clear connections have been made (10,000 kg, sure, is something that Big Daddy might lift, but that relationship doesn't seem subtle enough for General Spoon's flavor, and IMO, it is more indicative of werewolves), and so too much focus on it will result in serious mislynches. That isn't to say we should ignore them completely, as there probably are going to be clues related as revealed post last game, but weak evidence isn't good evidence to act on.

That said, while Candlejack may be mafia trying to mislead town, I doubt that, with his reputation, he would be very confident in succeeding, so I don't think he's mafia at the moment.

Also, I've never been to that site you've mentioned in name analysis.

Casting possibilites = unhelpful? SHIT I SHOULD'VE GONE TO CATS UNIVERSITY OF LOGICAL ABORTIONS.

Lynching somebody on a tell that isn't even there ≥ logical reasoning based on exploiting that mistake? SMASH IS TO DEBATING LIKE YOU ARE TO MAFIA MY FRIEND.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Your response to someone who challenges you is to apply caps lock and throw out unnecessary insults. Being extremely defensive and over-analytical is quite a tell, in my opinion. Of course it's possible that this is how you act all the time and you're a cit, though once again even if this is the case, I don't mind you leaving the game anyways.

Edited by CATS

Wow, today has sure been interesting and we're only about half way through the day.

I honestly have no idea who to vote yet. Candlejack strikes me as being innocent, just inexperienced. Asides from that, I can't even remember who's been accused or why :facepalm:. I'll do a bit of analysis after school when I have time to read everything again.

they see me trollin', they hatin'

Based on the evidence, I'm casting my vote for Luke Fon Fabre because of the allusion to the sword.

Though the weight makes me suspect Weapons due to it being another creative kill method, and the emphasis on weight. In everyday usage, mass is often taken to mean weight, but in scientific use, they refer to different properties.

But ya' know whatever. I have only one vote.

Uhh fuck I lost count and am too lazy to count. I guess I'll vote Luke Fon Fabre because I think he's tied with Candlejack

Okay, here's what I've made of what's happened today. If anyone disagrees, argue back.

Candlejack starts analysing the death scene, but in a longwinded and only vaguely useful way. He gets into lots of arguments and gets votes against him, but also accuses Lux Aeterna after he casts the first stone. They argue for a bit and get supporters of both being lynched.

Then Bizz votes for Luke Fon Fabre on the grounds of a sword being mentioned. Suddenly a bandwagon starts against Luke, with almost no further evidence to go on.

So basically our three candidates:

Candlejack:

Has been talking a lot, helping a little and generally trying to work out who is guilty. It's possibly a mafiwolf ploy, but he doesn't really strike me as being guilty.

Lux Aeterna:

Hasn't been talking nearly as much as Jack but also has very little evidence against them. I don't really know what to say.

Luke Fon Fabre:

This is the interesting one. Getting all those votes that quickly randomly seems a bit suspicious, especially for Bizz who I already mentioned (subtly) yesterday. Yesterday, Bizz wasn't defending his friend after all, so my initial thought was that Luke was getting votes because there's so little evidence elsewhere. However, what's the evidence against Luke? A sword? I dunno, it seems pretty feeble evidence.

Really, I don't think any of these are guilty again, but losing another two people to get a little more evidence, without at least trying to get a mafiwolf in between is just unacceptable really. To that end I think I'm going to have to no vote today and see what happens (I have suspicions but it's too late in the day for them to really be acted on).

If there's any priests still alive, I get the feeling I've been saying a lot and might incur the wrath of the mafiwolf if some of my suspicions are correct. If I die, you know what to act on, but I'd rather be protected just in case, but of course that might be a little selfish of me to ask :P.

Finally:

Other results on google searches on people's names:

I eat tables- References to eating and/or tables.

:awesome:

With that in mind, this is my take on what happened during the night:

* Carriage Driver believes Hero is innocent, and so switches the actions on him and BK-201.

* 3-13 Archer tries to target Hero and his attack gets switched to BK-201.

* The Mafia tries to kill BK-201, and their attack gets switched to Hero.

* The Werewolves kill Ninji.

I realize that in the description it seems like Ninji was the one killed by the 3-13 Archer, but I can't imagine why the hell he would do that. And both Hero and BK were killed by MEN, not wolves. Also, there was the possibility that Hero would be lynched the following day, so why would the Mafia or Wolves bother to kill him? This is another reason why I think the Archer targeted Hero.

I seriously doubt this actually helps anyone, but I figured I'd put it out there anyway.

That is pretty solid reasoning. Nicely done.

Just thinking out loud here.

Remember about this guy:

With that in mind, this is my take on what happened during the night:

* Carriage Driver believes Hero is innocent, and so switches the actions on him and BK-201.

* 3-13 Archer tries to target Hero and his attack gets switched to BK-201.

* The Mafia tries to kill BK-201, and their attack gets switched to Hero.

* The Werewolves kill Ninji.

I realize that in the description it seems like Ninji was the one killed by the 3-13 Archer, but I can't imagine why the hell he would do that. And both Hero and BK were killed by MEN, not wolves. Also, there was the possibility that Hero would be lynched the following day, so why would the Mafia or Wolves bother to kill him? This is another reason why I think the Archer targeted Hero.

I seriously doubt this actually helps anyone, but I figured I'd put it out there anyway.

I'm still thinking that it was the werewolves that tried to killed BK-201 but since their attack got switched they ended up smashing(truly a brutal way to kill someone) Hero and the archer tried to kill hero but ended up killing BK-201. I think it was Mafia that wanted to kill Ninji. Just sort of putting out there what i think.

I eat tables

for the last time

I am a SHE

Anyhow, I know the way I vote might seem weird sometimes, but it's the way I play. :X If I just sat around and didn't vote anyone I'd be kind of useless to town. I'm trying to get better at mafia

Yesterday I did have a reason for my vote, but it seemed to be a mistake :/

nya

I have no idea what's going on (my hard drive broke on Wednesday and I haven't received a new one yet from Dell Canada even though I should have gotten it on Friday) so I'm going to go with the majority. Luke Fon Faber.

Hopefully I get the new one tomorrow and I can analyze what's been going on so far.

Would someone explain to me the vote on Luke Fon Fabre?

Is it because the sword thing?

Pretty much.

Spoon pretty much pointed out that he likes putting hints in the murder scenes; evidence from Round 2 supports that.

Personally, Lux seems more scummy to me and I haven't truly been on anyone else's ass.

Also, today's lynch tells us plenty of things depending on the outcome. But I don't CATS's panties in any more of a bunch then they are.

All I can comment is that Lux is either nooby scum or nooby town. Either way...

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Your response to someone who challenges you is to apply caps lock and throw out unnecessary insults. Being extremely defensive and over-analytical is quite a tell, in my opinion. Of course it's possible that this is how you act all the time and you're a cit, though once again even if this is the case, I don't mind you leaving the game anyways.

So your argument isn't even a flaw in MY argument. Just throwing out terms like "over-analytical" doesn't mean it is.

And being defensive is a BIG part of playing Mafia. It helps you defend yourself from an unjust lynch, assuming you aren't mafia. At any rate, I'm only being "analytical" because Lux did something incredibly stupid; cast a weird looking stone into a shallow lake. By that I mean he is RL'ing Freohr based on something that is completely irrelevant to what Spoon mentioned.

I'm sorry CATS, I'll try not to help town more often next time.

Yes but giving hints as to who is really the culprit (users) kind of ruins the spirit of the game. I mean seriously the point of the mafia game is to find who is part of the mafia by what people say and who they vote for. IMO if general spoon is really doing the game you say he is, the game will end quite soon.

Yes but giving hints as to who is really the culprit (users) kind of ruins the spirit of the game. I mean seriously the point of the mafia game is to find who is part of the mafia by what people say and who they vote for. IMO if general spoon is really doing the game you say he is, the game will end quite soon.

His last game lasted quite a while and his hints were incredibly subtle.

For the most part.

Really? well i guess as long as it doesn't make the game shorter i'm fine with that. Just that i think it would be better to find out who has certain roles without any hints from the maker of the game.