Screwed Radiant Dawn disk?

Alright, so as I continued playing RD yesterday, I started getting errors in the middle of the chapter. But the odd thing is, it only happened when I tried to pit Leonardo against a Pegasus Knight. Everyone else was able to attack enemies just fine. Only Leo vs Peg Knight gave me a disk read error. And it happened over and over.

Is my copy screwed? D:

Should I buy a new one? I did find a receipt in the case and it seems this copy was returned by the previous owner for being defective (though that could just refer to the problems with PoR easy mode data transfers), so yeah.

What chance you could get to a different chapter and try the same thing, see if it crashes?

Otherwise, sounds like a fault to me.

Yeah, my disk has lots of scratches and it already had some when I bought it too, cause it was used. It lasted me well over a year though.

And yeah, I always have animations on, cause I like them. :P

As for the chance of it happening elsewhere, that's probably likely. I've gotten errors in the past with both RD and PoR, actually (both were bought used, although I think PoR is actually in better condition), but they stopped after awhile. So I was at least able to beat RD once. Yay.

So I might as well get a new disk. I mean, if I buy it new this time, I should get one that will work with easy mode transfer data, right?

No, I like all the animations. D:

And I don't think it's that anyway, because the battle doesn't even start. I get the error right after I confirm that I want Leo to smoosh the Peg Knight. Animations don't even start.

And thanks, Integrity, but I'm heading to Gamestop in a week anyway to pick up my preordered copies of Pokemon HG and SS, so while I'm there I'll mention my RD problem and see if the store can give me a copy that can use easy mode transfers.

Edited by Eternal Bond

Scratches can be fixed by filling them in with something and/or buffing out the scratch if it's small enough. You can even do it with something like peanut butter or toothpaste, crazy as that sounds.

I think you can send the RD disk to NOA and they will fix the easy mode thing. I never did because well, it just didnt matter that much to me. But actually i think the problem you are having is actually related to the scratches and blemishes on the disk itself.

You should get a new disc. I had the Easy Mode problem, so I sent my disc to Nintendo. About a week later I had a perfect disc.

Edited by luigi bros

Alright, so as I continued playing RD yesterday, I started getting errors in the middle of the chapter. But the odd thing is, it only happened when I tried to pit Leonardo against a Pegasus Knight. Everyone else was able to attack enemies just fine. Only Leo vs Peg Knight gave me a disk read error. And it happened over and over.

Is my copy screwed? D:

Should I buy a new one? I did find a receipt in the case and it seems this copy was returned by the previous owner for being defective (though that could just refer to the problems with PoR easy mode data transfers), so yeah.

Thats funny its the same problem mine has, only anytime someone attacks a pegasus knight or if I use a pegasus knight I get the disk error. Only Haar can attack them without having that problem.

It sucks though becuase as long as I have that disk I cant use the pegasus knights. It even happens ehen I promote them

And they dont do disk replacements anymore, I asked recently about it. You'll have to find a copy, preferably new.

Lol. I wish I could buy RD but its not available in any local stores. I've been borrowing a friend's for the entire time that I've ever played it, which is a lot. I live in Virginia, has anyone else had this problem if anyone lives here?

I had a similar problem with the two first copies I had with RD. Micky could attack fine with animations on and I also remembered that Skirmir and Ranulf's attack animation didn't screw up either due to that scene, all the others gave me errors.

Edited by Down Load Vampire

Yes, I'm going to get a new copy. Hopefully Gamestop will have some, if not, then I'll go online. I can since I've been borrowing my mom's card, hee hee. x3

This also makes me wonder how much longer my PoR disk is going to last...it's kinda scratchy too, but not as badly as RD.

Edited by Eternal Bond

RD has great gameplay IMO. I think that having shifting character rosters makes the game more interesting, and it makes it easier for me to play without being fixated on my endgame team.

PoR has the best story of any FE game. In terms of gameplay, it's not my favorite but it works fine. I'm not sure why, but the one thing that bothers me about the game is structures. The castle exteriors make the castles look like cardboard (see big bridge and the chapter before the jail chapter). I know that FE is not primarily about graphics, but there's something I really don't like...

I preferred RD's story over the rest, but each to their own. :P

And PoR's graphics do sometimes look weird, I agree. Heck, IS accidentally made Ike change his clothes in one later chapter. XD But the graphics are because it was most likely the FE 64 game that got canceled.

Edited by Eternal Bond

• 12 years later...
On 3/5/2010 at 11:55 AM, Anacybele said:

Is my copy screwed? D:

I was having this issue for bout two weeks. I removed the disc, cleaned it wth an alcoholic wipe use for ur glasses, air dried it. Replaced the disc inside the WII, no more errors. The error I was having when Nolan promoted to warrior class, after making a kill it went straight to an error. After cleaning disc, he promoted. Simple thing like that might be all you need