Dungeons and Dragons

Dark Sage

I thought it would be an interesting idea. We can use 8 bit theater as the campaign setting. I can play any edition but OD&D and AD&D 1st edition. If anyone wants me to be a player, but not a Dungeon Master, OK with me, but I'll need to send you my campaign notes and material.

My favorite edition is 3.75, or Pathfinder.

Characters will be made with the Point buy system.

For maps, I hope any of you know how to a D&D grid system, miniatures, and dice 'cause I don't have anyway to put them online. Unless you can give me a link.

Those who wish to join subscribe. Once subscriptions are filled, we'll decide who's going to be the following:

Players (4 and 5)

DM (2 if needed, one will be backup)

Recorder (keeps notes with the DM to send when needed)

Referee (self explanatory)

Just an idea I have.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit, did not see this.

I love DnD. I tend to play 4e, and it's my preferred edition, but if someone ELSE is DMing, sure I'll play a hideously broken character 3.x Wizard, which are like, some of my favorite characters of all time.

EDIT: Oh, and I've got plenty of experience playing online, so if you need help with maps, dice rolling, etc, I can tell you how it's done.

Edited by ZXValaRevan

Thanks! I can really use the help. I can only play when I'm at my Dad's house, because the computer there can do that kind of stuff. Not the one at my mom's.

Do you play Pathfinder? It's my favorite edition.

Thanks! I can really use the help. I can only play when I'm at my Dad's house, because the computer there can do that kind of stuff. Not the one at my mom's.

Do you play Pathfinder? It's my favorite edition.

I've read the Pathfinder books, and I used to play a ton of 3.5, although I don't anymore because of said balance issues, but I'm perfectly willing to play Pathfinder. I just prefer 4.0, mainly for DMing (or playing non spellcasters).

Great. Pathfinder's balanced a lot of things out. I don't like 4th edition that much, but it's fun and while it has better balance than 3rd edition, 3rd edition is more customizable.

Do you know anyone on here who's interested? Because I don't.

I would think the differences something very important, no? Not only that, but some people lack the 3.5 rules whom may be interested. Finding a place to read/aquire those would be helpful to the success of this RP.

Ok. Next week, I'll attach a file that has all the character classes and base prestige classes. I guess I didn't think of people not having 3.5, considering it's one of the most successful D&D editions, but you're right.

If no one replies to this, I don't want to be warned for double posting when I post the attached file.

Ok. Next week, I'll attach a file that has all the character classes and base prestige classes. I guess I didn't think of people not having 3.5, considering it's one of the most successful D&D editions, but you're right.

If no one replies to this, I don't want to be warned for double posting when I post the attached file.

Why not just send them to crystal keep or one of the many sites you can find through a google search with the words "system reference document"?

Why not just send them to crystal keep or one of the many sites you can find through a google search with the words "system reference document"?

I think most of the SRDs are for 3.5. Wait, I just missed some stuff, yeah, you're right.

SRD is awesome, too bad it got nerfed for 4e, although considering now we have DnDI, I don't really mind.

Edited by ZXValaRevan

Good point, I'll do that instead. Next week, I'll send you a link to SRD pathfinder.

Edited by Dark Sage

Yeah, what level would we start at, and would there be any non standard rules?

Also, I'm going to assume Supplements are allowed, but I may as well ask anyway.

32 PB for attributes?

Edited by ZXValaRevan

Lv.5 or 6 seems like a good place to start. Skill Tricks will be used but not luck feats. And yes, 32 PB sounds reasonable.

Supplements will definetly be allowed.

I'm designing my own prestige classes right now by the way.

Oh yeah, do you want to keep the 8 bit theater setting or do you want to change it. We could even play Forgotten Realms or Dragonlance if you want (these are the only campaign settings I own).

Edited by Dark Sage

Errrrmmmm... May I suggest you keep it to the basic 3.5? Not everyone who wants to play will have experience playing D&D and keeping the suppliments to a minimum is helpful. I, for example, only have the 3.5 players handbook, no supplements, or anything of the kind. I can play, but for me it needs to be kept basic.

Alright, let's vote between Pathfinder and 3.5 because I really don't want to update my campaign notes to 4th edition.

Oh yeah, and remember how I told you earlier I'd send the SRD on Pathfinder last week. Well, I'm sending it later today.

Also you don't need to learn skill tricks and using the supplements are optional. It's just that these are available if you want.

Edited by Dark Sage

Errrrmmmm... May I suggest you keep it to the basic 3.5? Not everyone who wants to play will have experience playing D&D and keeping the suppliments to a minimum is helpful. I, for example, only have the 3.5 players handbook, no supplements, or anything of the kind. I can play, but for me it needs to be kept basic.

Yeah, you don't NEED supplements if they're allowed. Allowing supplements just means that anyone who WANTS to use them can.

Anyhow, I'll start making a character soon.

Are we allowed to take Flaws, or no?

And I vote default 3.5, if only because I have more experience with it.

I vote default 3.5. I have the 3rd Ed handbooks and know most of the changes, and would be very eager to send another of the illfated Ravenswood elves to his death.

Varkade of Ravenswood; Elven Fighter; fell into pit and was eaten alive by a hydra. At level three.

Kolbane of Ravenswood; Elven Fighter; killed by own guide into a dungeon.

and so on.

I vote default 3.5. I have the 3rd Ed handbooks and know most of the changes, and would be very eager to send another of the illfated Ravenswood elves to his death.

Varkade of Ravenswood; Elven Fighter; fell into pit and was eaten alive by a hydra. At level three.

Kolbane of Ravenswood; Elven Fighter; killed by own guide into a dungeon.

and so on.

As your party member I feel I must inform you that I will be working to prevent such an occurrence from happening again. 8]

'K. 3.5 it is then. Looks like I don't need to send that Pathfinder SRD then.

But I'm using the Pathfinder beistiary, unless you don't want me too. I friggin' LOVE the Pathfinder Bestiary.

Anyone want me to be the Dungeon Master?