Aran

Is he worth fielding on HM? (Yes, I finally got around to playing Hard Mode.)

That all depends on how aggressively you level him. The amount of work it takes to get Aran to be usefully durable could instead make Ed double most things, for example. If you aren't giving him significantly more kills than guys like Nolan, he's probably not really worth using.

He has the personality of a brick wall. Plus, you have to put the effort into leveling him primarily in the God-awful DB chapters, taking away levels from people who need them like Nolan and Edward and to a lesser extent Mick.

He has the personality of a brick wall. Plus, you have to put the effort into leveling him primarily in the God-awful DB chapters, taking away levels from people who need them like Nolan and Edward and to a lesser extent Mick.

Micaiah get is one of the easiest person to level up in the DB not only is she one of the best user of paragon IMO(IIRC) she has sacrifice and with laura she can sacrifice for like 2 lvls or more in each chapter. Plus there is the Black Knight chapter which you can definately use to boost her level.

As for Aran he is usable on Hard mode, just make sure to boss abuse and BEXP abuse

Edited by Alakazam

Micaiah get is one of the easiest person to level up in the DB not only is she one of the best user of paragon IMO(IIRC) she has sacrifice and with laura she can sacrifice for like 2 lvls or more in each chapter. Plus there is the Black Knight chapter which you can definately use to boost her level.

As for Aran he is usable on Hard mode, just make sure to boss abuse and BEXP abuse

The question becomes whether Anouleth is the type that is willing to BA or spend 50 turns in a chapter staff/sacrifice abusing or if he's trying to play with anything resembling speed.

Sure why not. All he needs is an MT forge really for you to train him proper. He will never double anything in part 1 save generals, but he provides with sky high defense and str. In part 3 once you get str skl and def capped you can slow play bexp him to max his speed.

I know. I abuse the shit out of Sacrifice+Staff. Hell, my Mick barely attacks until I get Thany, then she just kills knights sometimes.

EDIT: Thany is the PK in FE6, isn't she. Is Thani the tome?

Edited by Integrity

Only DB member worth his salt on HM is Nolan. Everyone else is a liability.

Lol Nolan has always failed me a little after part 3 'cept when i had a DB PT

Heck no, having Sacrifice won't come much in handy when you later have Laura to assist with those heals.

The enemies have 1-2 range and GREAT accuracy, she can't even dodge those Atks and will be getting 1RKO for bad Def/Spd. :(

Zihark makes the best use out of Paragon, he gains some more Exp than other pre-promotes, is defeneatly worth the leveling.

Besides, her weapon rank is going to suck and she is the only great candidate for Rexaura, Laura isn't doing any better seeing as how underleveled she is.

Not necesary...just feed him kills at the start, then he can be fielded at some point due to good Def. What he needs is also higher Def.

Of course he's usable, but everyone is usable on HM with boss abuse. Goddamnit.

BEXP abuse will be...unlikely without boss abuse. His window during tier 1 is too small (I mean, you can get lucky and cap str, skill and def early, but it's not at all certain) and IMO he is not reaching 20/8 until base of 3-13. And I doubt the DB has the BEXP to give him a full level, he will only be leveled up if he's hit at least 2 caps (only 1, and his growths will probably be skewed AWAY from speed since he has 4 growths that are higher and one that is equal to his spd growth) and has ~60+ exp so the level isn't too costly. He can be fixed in part 4, but mostly anyone can. If you're going to spend your time babying a dawn brigadeer by feeding them kills and BEXP, try Jill. She's got better caps and weapons, and she flies. Aran has a worse spd cap than neph, why would you bother going for him for your endgame?

EDIT-I'm not saying he's not usable though, he's still a valuable member during part 1, and is at least a functional wall in part 3. (IMO he needs fortune if he doesn't want to be a liability though...I usually don't transfer it to the GM and he's the best person to have it if it stays with the DB, IMO). Of course, even meg and fiona are functional walls in part 3-13.

Lol Nolan has always failed me a little after part 3 'cept when i had a DB PT

Yes, it's unfortunate but Nolan usually founders somewhat for me as well. My experiences with him usually do not match up to his averages. However, I have found that he usually maintains usefulness in part 3 because he is able to promote a few chapters before everyone else, putting him in the running for the paragon scroll which usually puts him around 20/3 or 20/4 IIRC when my other characters will be 20/1 or 20/2.

Edited by SeverIan

Heck no, having Sacrifice won't come much in handy when you later have Laura to assist with those heals.

The enemies have 1-2 range and GREAT accuracy, she can't even dodge those Atks and will be getting 1RKO for bad Def/Spd. :(

Zihark makes the best use out of Paragon, he gains some more Exp than other pre-promotes, is defeneatly worth the leveling.

Besides, her weapon rank is going to suck and she is the only great candidate for Rexaura, Laura isn't doing any better seeing as how underleveled she is.

Not necesary...just feed him kills at the start, then he can be fielded at some point due to good Def. What he needs is also higher Def.

Thats not how i use Micaiah, if i'm going to use sacrifice i'll use it at the start of my turn, not at the end. then kill any immediate threat to her. If Micaiah can kill without being endangered i go for it and protect her after this if she is in a compromising position

There are better sword masters then zihark

Also what i meant for aran's leveling is that he canlevel him like that and feed the kills to others if he wants. or just switch it around

Edited by Alakazam

Lucia, Stefan & Edward aren't much better really...Edward requires babying, it is no joke when axe users can actually HIT him and when he will have some doubling issues, Zihark is quite good and should take of advanatage of Paragon so he doesn't fall behind later on.

BEXP sucks.