113 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the best trueblade?

• Edward
    • Zihark
    • Lucia
    • Mia
    • Stefan
    • They all suck

So? That doesn't mean he's better. If I pool all my exp into one character of course he/she becomes better than all the others.

But Edward is better than Meg. Her reasoning may be faulty, but still.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Edward is better than Meg. Her reasoning may be faulty, but still.

I wasn't saying Meg was superior to Edward. I was stating that "spoiling" Edward does not make him a better character than Zihark/Mia.

The tier list (which generally focuses on good resource allocation, low turncounts, maximized BEXP and no characters dead) is probably a good approximation of the best way to play the game most of the time. But, you already abandoned the conditions of the tier list by rating characters on growths, so why would you favor a "fact based" argument on who the best character is?

Actually, I don't think maximized BEXP is super efficient either. BEXP in Part 1 is not very useful, and not in Part 2 either.

Don't forget that max BEXP ensures efficient turncounts, too.

But "low turncounts" was mentioned separately. max bexp stated separately would then indicate things like leaving 50 enemies alive in 2-3 and in PoR stealthing chapter 10 and going total pacifist (aside from Muarim) on chapter 15. That's not the only way to reach a low turncount in those games and it's not the only way to play those chapters "efficiently".

But "low turncounts" was mentioned separately. max bexp stated separately would then indicate things like leaving 50 enemies alive in 2-3 and in PoR stealthing chapter 10 and going total pacifist (aside from Muarim) on chapter 15. That's not the only way to reach a low turncount in those games and it's not the only way to play those chapters "efficiently".

Care you share an example a chapter like that in Radiant Dawn? I don't see any, personally.

Anything else I can do for you?

I don't know, I've made decent use out of Edward by taking advantage of his Wrath skill. 85% of the time one hit will bring him down to Wrath range, with a forged Iron sword he can do some decent damage if he crits, which he has a decent chance of having with Wrath activated.

I missed that part of your statement, but really, I don't see how leaving those enemies alive is inefficient.

Well, I leave a ton alive. Generally I find it much easier/faster to beat that chapter with 35+ enemies alive rather than having to bother killing things. However, trying to achieve 50 on the dot is meaningless.

Also, other examples:

having everyone (including Aimee and Kurth) escape in 1-3 (you don't even need to keep Aimee "alive")

keeping every single one of Fiona's Failures alive in 1-6-1

waiting for all the prisoners to escape in 1-7

preventing any civilians from dying in 1-8

not killing the 4 weaklings in 2-1

reseting for crits from killer ballista in 3-P to ensure 23 gallians remain alive

maybe the horses in 3-3, particularly if they need to escape

not killing senators in 3-3

keeping 17 crimean allies alive in 3-10

Well, I leave a ton alive. Generally I find it much easier/faster to beat that chapter with 35+ enemies alive rather than having to bother killing things. However, trying to achieve 50 on the dot is meaningless.

Also, other examples:

having everyone (including Aimee and Kurth) escape in 1-3 (you don't even need to keep Aimee "alive")

keeping every single one of Fiona's Failures alive in 1-6-1

waiting for all the prisoners to escape in 1-7

preventing any civilians from dying in 1-8

not killing the 4 weaklings in 2-1

reseting for crits from killer ballista in 3-P to ensure 23 gallians remain alive

maybe the horses in 3-3, particularly if they need to escape

not killing senators in 3-3

keeping 17 crimean allies alive in 3-10

OK, yeah. Some of those are really stupid; you win there. Actually, I'm pretty sure it's nearly impossible for every single Knight to survive 1-6-2. I was more referring too actual turn count BEXP, wihch I really should have specified. Sorry for the mix-up.

OK, yeah. Some of those are really stupid; you win there. Actually, I'm pretty sure it's nearly impossible for every single Knight to survive 1-6-2. I was more referring too actual turn count BEXP, wihch I really should have specified. Sorry for the mix-up.

Actually, I was a non-crit away from saving them all in 1-6-2 and I didn't even pull a Tauroneo drop on turn 2 to pull it off. Unfortunately, a myrm critted with around 5% (or whatever they have. I think those Marado Knights have low luck) and KOd one just before I KO'd it. It had two hits and 3HKOd and needed one of two to crit. I didn't care enough to reset and try again.

Anyway, if you were just refering to turn count bexp, then yeah. The tier list used to look just at that. 10 turns was fine for turns with 10 as the max turns for bexp. Now I think most are trying to look more at low turns, something else you mentioned, eg 7 is better than 10 if you can pull off 7 without relying on luck.

I managed to do it by having Volug run up and using trial and error to determine the best spot to put him. Then it was just luck abuse.

What I think is impossible is saving all of those houses in 3-9 from being burnt at all.

What I think is impossible is saving all of those houses in 3-9 from being burnt at all.

Not like it matters. You get full bexp even if they got a little tinged. I think all you need to do is not end the chapter with any fires active and you'll get full bexp.

As for not letting them receive any fire whatsoever, I don't remember positioning but I'm fairly certain that only the tier 1 enemies ever burn anything. The houses at the top are rather easy thanks to Marcia since she can KO that guy on turn 1 or something. The problem is in the first house that your mounted units will reach. I don't remember if it can be done, but I'm pretty sure it's a lot easier if you are playing on EM and got lots of exp for everyone back in part 2 and kept all that juicy bexp for them before playing 3-9. Little point, but easier if it's at all possible.

Anyway, last on-topic post was Joeys. Get back on topic.

I'm not convinced Ed can use wrath safely in all situations. There are times where he can, like most of 1-7 and parts of pretty much all the other part 1 chapters, but often enough to mean much? Not convinced.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

(The first house cannot be reached before it gets set on fire; the solider can do it on turn 1, you can't reach 'til turn 2.)

Eddie can't wrath safely outside of EM, as far as I'm concerned. Wrath kind of sucks in easy mode. <_<

Eddie can't wrath safely outside of EM, as far as I'm concerned. Wrath kind of sucks in easy mode. <_<

Why not? Half the enemies in 1-7 don't even move. It can't be all that difficult to have him run up in front of some enemy, eat a vulnerary, and get attacked down to wrath range then let it rip (then rinse and repeat).

For the other chapters, all you need are instances in which you can ensure only one enemy can attack him (even if he kills that one enemy). It happens sometimes. It's not even inefficient, really. He may fall back from your other units, though. I mean, if Volug and Tauroneo are 5 spaces ahead of Ed because they can rush in and take whatever comes at them and Ed needs to hang back such that only one enemy can reach him then it's possible he'll be unable to attack anything after a few turns. Granted, he's not really doing much to boost efficiency in that case, either, but that doesn't mean he can't do it.

Anyway, wind edges blowsuck (in part 1, at least), so it won't help much. Horrible hit with Ed using one. The hit is bad enough with Zihark using one, actually. Ed will, in general, only hit one of two if he's even doubling and that one hit has between 50 and 60 % chance of criting with wrath depending on enemy luck. And the mt is so low that he'll probably not even kill with that crit.

Much better for it to be on Micaiah if you want ranged wrathing. She 2HKOs nearly everything in part 1 (except the armors/cavs that she 1HKOs thanks to Thani) and has a near perfect hit rate almost all the time so if she crits it dies. Granted she's only going a bit over 50% but still, Ed's only getting more out of it if he's doubling and you let him do it at 1 range on enemy phase after making sure he can take that one hit and it'll drop him to wrath range.

to me its Mia>stefan>zihark>edward>lucia

stefan beacuse if one of my units gets screwed stats i can just put him in. and i like his character

• 6 months later...

Mia: Best strength and best skill. Support with Ike and you're ready to go.

Lucia: You have Elincia support her and watch her become Sonic the Hedgehog against enemies. She was the second easiest to train up to Trueblade after Mia. Also; Adept, Adept, Adept. Then Astra, then Astra, then Astra...ANNNNND Astra. Lucia is good friends with Silver swords.

Edward: He's all right, I just couldn't find time to train him, especially when I already planned on taking Mia and Lucia with me to Endgame. But I know he can start kicking ass when you get him up.

Zihark: Just no. Terrible with strength and weapon handling for me.

Stefan: Haven't got to use him yet unfortunately so I don't have much on him.