113 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the best trueblade?

• Edward
    • Zihark
    • Lucia
    • Mia
    • Stefan
    • They all suck

I'm actually okay with Ed getting nearly the same number of votes as Zihark.

Ed wins EM. Considering he can be near promotion without abuse (probably) by mid-1-6 and likely promote for 1-7, that's a lot of shared time in which Ed is comparing statistically to Zihark.

Ed and Z probably about tie normal mode. Well, maybe not, since Z can more reasonably get enough bexp to cap str in tier 2 and promote by part 4. But still, Ed isn't too far behind and has 1-P to 1-5 on Zihark.

Ed loses HM. More badly than Z loses EM, though.

But a lot of people don't play HM at all, so focusing a little more on the other modes allows Ed to close the gap overall.

(And for HM, Mia > Zihark >>> Ed > Lucia > Stefan.)

Anyway, I picked Mia because HM matters more to me for unit comparisons than the other modes, and even if she loses to Ed or Z in any of the easier modes, it isn't by much.

This. Capped stats mean nothing when your availability sucks and you're not easy to train, especially when some caps can be low.

Rolf has a higher chance of capping hp, str, and spd than Shinon, but I would never call him the better Sniper/Marksmen.

While I would agree that Shinon >> Rolf, there are a lot of people that disagree with you and me. Mostly people that haven't played HM, but still.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mia > Zihark > Stefan/Edward/Lucia

In HM, that is

This.

Edward is great, although, he requires babying seeing as axe users actually HIT him, and he even has difficulty when it comes to double attacking.

Lucia's avaibility is self-explanatory, her concrete durability and offense don't grow very well, it sucks that they halved her Str growth.

I voted for Mia.

Edited by Soul

Mia... I would say Edward, but Mia requires no extra effort and always ends up being one of your best units... so yeah.

facts:

Edward averagely caps 6 stats.

Zihark averagely caps 3 stats.

Lucia averagely caps 5 stats.

Mia averagely caps 5 stats.

Stefan averagely caps 4 stats.

impressions:

for me a unit with great growths is a good unit, the more caps the better. sure, in this game almost everyone can be saved from being bad. but at the looks of this Edward is the best, and Lucia isn't as bad as people say if you don't count playing time.

this makes Zihark look bad, doesn't it? well, good.

"Who's the best trueblade?" should actually be answered by a fact, I think, not by a poll. now it's just "Who do you like most?"

There are other things to consider, like the amount of effort it takes to get Edward to that point. I mean, besides Nolan and the other Brigade characters that you have to use, he's probably the best, sure. But Mia requires no favoritism. Also, you may as well say 4 expected capped stats for Lucia. She probably won't be using that magic cap. You can't even say that it's useful for BXP abuse because she's expected to cap it at 20/20/20.

I'd say Mia > Edward > Zihark > Stefan > Lucia

Edited by Sykil

^ That

Thinking a unit is better because of their growths and how much stats they cap is pretty pointless, that is what we call a "stat junkie", all you want to see is green. Yeah, like capping Magic would prove useful for a Trueblade. <_<

Just take a look at Edward, despite having great growths and everything, it's not like he doesn't require babying, training him in Easy Mode? Bleh, he even requires babying in Normal Mode.

I'd hate to repeat this yet again, but: Mia.

Her hotness is only a bonus.

False. It is the deciding factor.

Edited by Integrity

Just take a look at Edward, despite having great growths and everything, it's not like he doesn't require babying, training him in Easy Mode?

Really? I find that he pretty much trains himself up. Mia on the other hand, seems to need somebody else to weaken the enemies, before she can kill anything.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Mia, with adept, has some of the best offense on your team from the get-go. On average, enemies have 6.77 DEF in 1-1 to Eddie's 13.6 ATK. So about 7 damage per round. To an average of 24 HP. He's 4RKOing. Wow. Now, this is not very in depth, so it is somewhat flawed, but it gets the point across. Eddie's cleanly 2HKOd by just about everything. Mia, on the other hand, starts out with okay durability and eventually has so much AVO that her chances of being hit at all are very low, let alone enough to die with her WTF40% DEF growth on top of it.

Mia, with adept, has some of the best offense on your team from the get-go. On average, enemies have 6.77 DEF in 1-1 to Eddie's 13.6 ATK. So about 7 damage per round. To an average of 24 HP. He's 4RKOing. Wow. Now, this is not very in depth, so it is somewhat flawed, but it gets the point across. Eddie's cleanly 2HKOd by just about everything. Mia, on the other hand, starts out with okay durability and eventually has so much AVO that her chances of being hit at all are very low, let alone enough to die with her WTF40% DEF growth on top of it.

Edward may double in HM 1-1, he only needs to gain a single point of speed. Another point of speed lets him double in 1-2. Of course, he only needs to miss a single point to lose his doubling, but his offense is potentially the best on the team in combination with Wrath.

And I wouldn't say a Mia's defense is 'wtf'. I mean, she has the same defense base as Rolf.

I'd say Mia > Zihark > Edward > Lucia > Stefan

I agree Stefan is probably a better choice than Lucia to use during the final chapters. Realistically, I don't think it's a good choice to use either, and I give Lucia credit for being helpful in 2-2 (which is a pretty difficult chapter to low turn and get all items on anyway), whereas Stefan doesn't get credit for being useful in any chapter. For units I won't use outside of required chapters I rate them based on their required performance rather than their lack of usefulness in endgame.

for me a unit with great growths is a good unit, the more caps the better. sure, in this game almost everyone can be saved from being bad. but at the looks of this Edward is the best, and Lucia isn't as bad as people say if you don't count playing time.

this makes Zihark look bad, doesn't it? well, good.

That's your view and I'm fine with you having it, but most people would rate character performance over the full game so base stats matter a lot, and as you said Zihark's low number of capped stats are "rescued" pretty easily.

For me, the main discussion is whether Zihark's presence in part 1 and 3 is good enough (compared to other DB units) to outperform Mia in part 3, and whether that is significant enough to rate him above her despite mia's better endgame. I don't think there's any question mia has a superior part 4. (well, maybe there is if you consider earth affinity and such, but because Mia has a better shot at becoming a trueblade before the end of part 3 I think she's a much less costly choice to bring to endgame).

"Who's the best trueblade?" should actually be answered by a fact, I think, not by a poll. now it's just "Who do you like most?"

It would have to be "who's the best trueblade according to [such and such conditions] because, as your post indicated, different people rate characters on different things. (you took 20/20/20 caps into account and absolutely nothing else)

This isn't a tier list for setting somewhat objective conditions under which all units are judged. It's obviously a topic made for people to post their favorite and (if they wish) describe the conditions they perceive as most important which causes them to rate one trueblade as better than the others.

As you said in your post "for ME, a unit with great growths is a good unit", which sets a standard for judging units that's very different than the standard mostly anyone else on this site uses. It's impossible to have a factual "best" unit when there's no assumptions about what we're trying to achieve in RD. (for instance, Soren is a better unit than Titania if we are doing a mage only runthrough, Lucia is better than all trueblades but mia if we are doing a female only runthrough, all units are equally good if we are doing a max level with all units runthrough).

The tier list (which generally focuses on good resource allocation, low turncounts, maximized BEXP and no characters dead) is probably a good approximation of the best way to play the game most of the time. But, you already abandoned the conditions of the tier list by rating characters on growths, so why would you favor a "fact based" argument on who the best character is?

And I wouldn't say a Mia's defense is 'wtf'. I mean, she has the same defense base as Rolf.

Neither did he. He said

WTF40% DEF growth on top of it.
Edited by SeverIan

Mia.

Mia not only has really awesome stats, but also has some nice boobs. Who doesn't like that in a character. Beyond that, the others were all pretty damn meh. Zihark was killer when he first shows up, but eats EXP due to his promoted status, which means he isn't really gonna get anywhere from there. Lucia has next to 0 playtime, and it's not like she's all that good either. Edward would've been great, if the DB didn't suck...

Edward, Mia is hard to train at the beginning of part 3, but still, there aren't that many good characters in the Dawn brigade, but I like them all (Except Fiona, Meg's OK, I guess, but not as bad.) Zihark is.. Hard to use for me, and Mia just can't kill as well as Edward sometimes, so... Yeah, I like Lucia more than Mia, because

She always gets like, 5 stats up when she levels for me.. and Stefan does take alot of Criticals... He got one from a Fighter :(

Edward > Mia/Lucia > Stefan/Mia > Zihark/Mia.

Mia is a lot easier to train than Edward.Edward will likely be the lowest levelled SM once part 4 rolls around if he wasn't babied.Conversely,Mia is the easiest to train.She will likely be the highest levelled SM.

Lucia's growths are terrible. 50Hp/15 Def means her mediocre durability isn't going anywhere fast,and 25% strength is pretty bad as it is,the fact that Mia/Z's base is only one below hers.

no u gais, teh best trulbaid iz Lucia cuz she HAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTT

But that's Mia. Lucia is STACKED, though. @_@

Ahem.

But that's Mia. Lucia is STACKED, though. @_@

Ahem.

no u rong cuz mia iz cuet onli

Lucia haaaaawwwwwwwwwwtttttttttttt cuz seh haz teh bubies and teh long blu hair