• Stefan
    • They all suck

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think furetchan is the only one that was worth reading lol

Okay. If that's the case, you must think this is wrong:

Obviously you're the one that's right and everyone else is wrong. I bow to your superiority.

Which means you're saying you actually aren't right, everyone else is, and that I should not bow to your superiority. Way to shoot yourself in the foot.

I might have been willing to give you the benefit of the doubt if you'd stated that English was not your first language or something, but as it stands I refuse to believe you are 4 years older than me.

EDIT: I wonder when this happened.

XxWolfxX is tired of this forum, goodbye.
Edited by Red Fox of Fire

blah blah, you guys are still at it eh? Well guess what you guys are still apparently completely clueless as to what my point is I see.

Your pitiful examples like "the moon is made of cheese" are rediculous.

It's proof that opinions can be wrong. How is that pitiful? You are treating opinions like they are some untouchable thing, but they aren't. The fact that you don't even seem to get what I'm driving at worries me.

OKAY, I will put as simple as I can cuz you guys can't to get past your egos to grasp something this simple. yes if you want to take that offensively go right ahead.

Debating this topic is completely, and utterly senseless, regardless of how right you may think you are, or wrong you think I am, neither are going to be true. The game has like 50+ characters and gives you the option of who to use, with no given best. If you prefer Zihark use him.

You don't get it. The topic is "Who's the best trueblade?"

The entire point is to debate the best trueblade. It's very easy to debate over it because you can analyze their availability and situation and growths and come to a reasonable conclusion about who is the best. Only here's the thing: if you disagree with that statement, then don't post in the topic!!!! This topic is clearly for discussing who is the best trueblade, hence the title. If you think that debating who is the best trueblade is impossible, then don't post in a topic that asks you to debate who the best trueblade is. I should think that would be the obvious answer. If you don't think the topic is meaningful, then don't bother with it. What do you get out of coming in and telling us that what we are doing is utterly senseless? Why do you have the right to tell us that and we don't have the right to debate characters' abilities?

Not only do you have a victim complex, you also have seem to have this idea that you are the dude that determines what everyone else gets to do. It's been around since you started here when you thought you could tell people when they need to stop discussing a topic and you seem to think they are trolling by continuing something you no longer felt like discussing.

YOU DON'T HAVE THAT RIGHT. stop acting like you do.

I mean mean fuck I think some who gets Meg to Sword Marshall and powns face deserves a medal, but you would laugh at them and say something degrading like why would do that gatrie is way better. And thats pure bullshit, and it just makes you guys like egotistical dickheads, who can't just let people enjoy posting their experience on a forum. You guys have to fucking debate everything.

We would never say that they should use Gatrie instead of her. How can you still not get this? If they claim that Meg is the best Marshall, yes we will tell them, objectively and analytically, why they are wrong. But that does not mean we are laughing at them or asking them why they raised her. Did you even read speedwagon's post in the other topic about how he loves raising Marty? Everyone knows Marty isn't as good as a bunch of other characters and he wouldn't claim Marty is better. Nobody will tell him that he should be using better characters. Why would we do that? That's not what we are debating. However, if he claims that Marty > Othin or something insane like that, people will tell him why he is wrong. What's wrong with that?

I have no qualms about disregarding your hatred for our debating when you still don't seem to grasp what it is we are even doing here.

I mean mean fuck I think some who gets Meg to Sword Marshall and powns face deserves a medal, but you would laugh at them and say something degrading like why would do that gatrie is way better. And thats pure bullshit, and it just makes you guys like egotistical dickheads, who can't just let people enjoy posting their experience on a forum. You guys have to fucking debate everything.

You just admitted that Gatrie is definitely better than Meg and that she is most useful as a challenge. Which means you admitted that tier lists decide which characters make the game easier and which make it harder. Seriously, your argument for Lucia is wrong because it does not apply to the average player, just as Gatrie is superior to Meg for most people. If you made a tier list just for your opinions and strategies, it would be useless to everyone else.

Debating this topic is completely, and utterly senseless, regardless of how right you may think you are, or wrong you think I am, neither are going to be true. The game has like 50+ characters and gives you the option of who to use, with no given best. If you prefer Zihark use him.

Well, I like Tormod and Tanith and Calill and Muarim and Edward and Bastian, and I do stick up for them when people call them 'bad' or underrate them or whatever, but I don't go around claiming ridiculous stuff like Edward > Zihark or Bastian > Soren, since I know it's obviously not true.

Congratulations, they shot themselves in the foot by spending time and effort with Meg when pretty much every sword user in Tellius with a pulse kicks her ass. Except that it's not really 'hard' to get Meg to Marshall if you don't give a shit about spending an hour boss abusing her, so I guess it's not that great anyway.

I don't think that's true. There are plenty of playthrough logs on this board, many use shitty characters like Treck or Noah. I know Int and Narga have irrational love for Mist, despite her own major weaknesses. Grandjackal is a big Edward fan. Nobody is going around trying to 'disprove' their likes, because Int/Narga/GJ don't try and pretend Mist and Edward are Ashera's gift to Tellius or whatever, they admit they're kinda mediocre units.

Yes, we debate everything. What gave it away? The tier lists with hundreds of pages of debates? The debating subforum? The fact that in virtually every corner you find people debating?

I don't think that's true. There are plenty of playthrough logs on this board, many use shitty characters like Treck or Noah. I know Int and Narga have irrational love for Mist, despite her own major weaknesses. Grandjackal is a big Edward fan. Nobody is going around trying to 'disprove' their likes, because Int/Narga/GJ don't try and pretend Mist and Edward are Ashera's gift to Tellius or whatever, they admit they're kinda mediocre units.

:sob: YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

Mist is the best unit to ever grace my tv screen. How dare you imply otherwise!!!

Um, that aside (well, if I'm being honest then that included), I agree with your post. Lots of people love various bottom tier units, or bad combat units (Mist is very much not bottom tier due to healing. It's just she isn't high or top either) and nobody rags on them. Red Fox loves Astrid. Does anybody care? No, because she's not saying Astrid > Geoffrey or anything like that (talking RD, since in PoR Astrid >> Geoffrey). I like Astrid plenty, too, and even tried to use her on Easy Mode (I think she got speed screwed, actually. Her already low average speed was even lower). But neither of us will say Astrid > Geoffrey in RD. And Interceptor (I think) supports Ike with Mist when he plays for fun and staff abuses her to tier 3 in 3-8 with the falling rocks/fire/whatever it is. Mist is "better than jellybeans", and yes, that's an actual quote. But you may notice that he'll always argue for a Mia x Ike support in RD because that's simply the most efficient. I don't think anybody will rag on his love of Mist, though, or what he enjoys doing in-game to make her better. As long as he's not suggesting she's better than she is, nobody will say anything.

Whether or not we "debate" a post is dependent on the thread and the words in the post. We are actually pretty good at leaving posts alone when people are "posting their experience on a forum."

My Ilyana hit 20/20/18 in HM and got lucky with her spd. It was really fun! (true story, since she proc'd 4 out of 5 spd in a row with a 30% growth)

Nobody is going to seriously debate that.

Ilyana > Rhys because she was amazing when I used her and he sucked.

Almost everyone is going to come along and poke holes in that.

There is a vast difference between the two posts. Try not to do the second one and you'll get more enjoyment out of this. Only make the second when you are ready and willing to enter into an informal debate about it.

(Oh, and I should probably say, this type of stuff is far more "senseless" than debating about the characters. As a mod, I should probably say to "get back on topic" and start talking about the various trueblades again. Enough of these "You guys are horrible people" and "We aren't horrible because..." type of posts.

I think this: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=19683&view=findpost&p=975351 is the most recent on topic post. Everything since then has been derailed by Wolf attacking us and us defending our hobbies. If Wolf wants to continue insulting what we do, I suggest he makes another topic under FFtF or General (not General FE, but this forum: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showforum=6) about it. This topic should go back to discussing which trueblade is the best, however obvious that answer may be. Well, discussing #2 and below aren't really too far off topic either, so those types of discussions are alright, too.)

Edited by Narga_Rocks

I actually do think some people's opinions of Mist cause them to overvalue her performance significantly, particularly in PoR. People tend to overrate their favorites, perhaps not to incredible extents, but they don't have total objectivity either.

I think Lucia is the third best Trueblade personally.

I actually do think some people's opinions of Mist cause them to overvalue her performance significantly, particularly in PoR. People tend to overrate their favorites, perhaps not to incredible extents, but they don't have total objectivity either.

Probably a bit, but the hope is that when other people counter the overrating posts that everyone can reach a more objective conclusion. Debates will, hopefully, curb any subjectivity. Doesn't always work out, though.

It's possible. It's really a question of tier list standards. If units get dropped when they are no longer useful, it becomes Ed's 1-P, 1-1, 1-2, 1-4 against Lucia's 2-2, mostly. But if you have to raise them, it's probably easier to get Lucia endgame-ready than it is to get Edward endgame-ready, and he's not particularly good between 1-5 and when he is endgame ready, so it's pretty meaningful that she is easier to raise.

It's okay. To me, Lucia is #1 in looks. With long hair anyway.

I think you know what my answer is at this point. It's not Zihark, it's not Edward, and it's not Stefan. It's Mia. Zihark's problem is "he's in the wrong team".

Good thing this wasn't in FE9. Then I would say "they all suck".

Edited by Colonel M

It's okay. To me, Lucia is #1 in looks. With long hair anyway.

I think you know what my answer is at this point. It's not Zihark, it's not Edward, and it's not Stefan. It's Mia. Zihark's problem is "he's in the wrong team".

Good thing this wasn't in FE9. Then I would say "they all suck".

fe9: Zihark and Mia have a slow start and stefan has crit evade issues, you mean? And Lucia has mega-problems.

Anyway, since we don't have to just talk about #1 in RD, care to discuss the orderings of the rest of them?

fe9: Zihark and Mia have a slow start and stefan has crit evade issues, you mean? And Lucia has mega-problems.

To me, they all have mega problems. Can't really deny Mia's rougher start. Zihark relies on the most random of supports (Brom? BROM!?! SERIOUSLY!?!). You'd mostly use a Swordmaster because Spd is part of their power, yet everyone and their mom does so well in this game as is that their main advantage looks bleak. Hell, even their 10% extra Crit isn't that great. The lack of Killing Edges hurts that much.

To me, before I resort to a Swordmaster in FE9, I'd seriously look into other alternatives.

It's possible. It's really a question of tier list standards. If units get dropped when they are no longer useful, it becomes Ed's 1-P, 1-1, 1-2, 1-4 against Lucia's 2-2, mostly. But if you have to raise them, it's probably easier to get Lucia endgame-ready than it is to get Edward endgame-ready, and he's not particularly good between 1-5 and when he is endgame ready, so it's pretty meaningful that she is easier to raise.

I find Lucia sort of helpful for clearing 4-2 as well. Due to the team split we have to spread our decent units among all 3 teams, so the Hawk Army is going to be stuck with a lot of losers shes better than (she doubles which is much better than say, an untrained Danved).

She is much easier to raise for 4-E than Edward. A little more difficult to raise than Stefan, but she has 2-2 and 4-2 (Stefan has low Mov and is on the other side of the map in 4-3), plus she can have a support for a large durability lead and Res actually matters in 4-E.

Edward>Lucia is plausible though, since he is basically essential for 1-P.

SMs were OK in 9 not spectacular though. Main problem is that it's very easy to double in 9.

Zihark easily has the most durability with supports and probably best offense due to Adept. I like Mia over Stefan since she has 100% Vantage and doesn't get critted all the time, though he does have a Str lead. Lucia is pretty clearly the worst.

Edited by -Cynthia-

As much as we want to say we're unbiased, biases will come into these discussions, even if just slightly. It's my belief that that is simply unavoidable, since people naturally want to defend characters they like.

I dunno. I mean, I'd never say Edward is good or easy to train, but sometimes I think the difficulty of raising him is overdone, and I'll admit to being guilty of this myself. The thing is, if you assume use of Edward, it's probably an efficient idea to support him with Nolan, giving him the avoid he needs to not be a complete defensive failure, and it should be obvious that a trained Edward kicks a trained Lucia's ass in absolutely everything (except Res).

Lucia vs. Stefan is another can of beans that I don't really care about.

As much as we want to say we're unbiased, biases will come into these discussions, even if just slightly. It's my belief that that is simply unavoidable, since people naturally want to defend characters they like.

This is why I refrain from defending my favorites. Narga probably looks like the only one in the FE5 tier lists that likes Karin since I have no intention of arguing her up.

On topic, from the arguments I've seen, it appears to be Mia. I prefer Stefan though, rather fond of good lategame doods with awesome base stats like Percival and Galzus.

Edited by Speedwagon

For RD, Lucia is my second favorite PE wise. My Ziharks have Edward-esque dodge rates and Stefan just is not in the running IMO due to late join time. Objectively, I wouldn't know where to put her except likely below Mia and Zihark and possibly Edward as well. I simply don't know enough facts to rank her objectively.

As for PoR... Mia > Zihark > Stefan IMO. A lot of that has to do with my immense dislike of Laguz (Muarim) which reflects on Zihark due to supports. And yes, I do agree that people tend to over-hype their favorites, and I do as well. I try to act fair and balanced though... But it ****ing makes me infuriated to see people either outright sandbagging a character or making tier lists designed to push up/down a character as much as possible. Doubly so when the reason why is not applied equally and, if removed, would completely demolish the tier.

*sigh*

... OK, so I just took my time reading through the last few pages, and that guy is definitely NOT 23. GOD...

He reminds me of Crash/Roxas.

Seriously, though, if you can't stand us explaining to you why Lucia fails, then for fuck's sake, STOP ARGUING BACK. You're immature, and an asshole. You parade yourself as some sort of superhero, and think that all of suck. That's pretty typical of an asshole.

Oh, by the way, no offense.

This is why I refrain from defending my favorites. Narga probably looks like the only one in the FE5 tier lists that likes Karin since I have no intention of arguing her up.

On topic, from the arguments I've seen, it appears to be Mia. I prefer Stefan though, rather fond of good lategame doods with awesome base stats like Percival and Galzus.

Yeah, I'm not surprised that Stefan isn't winning, but I'm surprised that he hasn't gotten a little more love. His bases are pretty good (in both games, in fact - save for luck), but I guess the idea is that by the time you recruit him, you could easily have a just-as-well-trained Trueblade already. Still, he's a pretty fool-proof replacement of anyone that failed at the RNG game. Also, a second Trueblade for the endgame isn't a terrible idea since they have such good speed (+Wyrmslayers for the dragon chapter), and there are two SS Rank swords available. And since Stefan is so fool-proof, he's a great candidate for your second Trueblade. I believe Mia's definitely better than Stefan (and all of the others) - being at least just as helpful more of the time, the Ike support, etc., etc., but it's a potential case for Stefan being higher.

Edited by Sykil