113 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the best trueblade?

• Edward
    • Zihark
    • Lucia
    • Mia
    • Stefan
    • They all suck

At least Oscar comes with a 1-2 weapon AND is capable of surviving combat. Nephenee is heavily underleveled when you get her in 3-2 and Mia is a prime candidate for benchwarming since she attracts enemies like a magnet and dodges slightly better then Edward. Unlike Edward however enemies 2HKO her right off the bat.

(or they critical her with a steel bow)

For those three for me it's Oscar > Nephenee (salvageble) > Mia.

Not that I suggest using any of them. Oscar is nice in 3-P till 3-2 for weakening things for others to kill. Mia can attack some Archers as long as she isn't anywhere near counter attacks or Enemy Phase.

Mia > Neph > Oscar. Wow, you disagree with us strongly. Anyway, Mia just needs you to be a little careful at first. She's not 2HKOd by most enemies, anyway. Less than half, really, and even that won't last because she'll soon be 3HKOd. And once she reaches C Ike she's already doing fine in durability. The main point with Mia is that on some enemies she has the best offence (due to doubling where others aren't) and on most she'll be top 3 for a while anyway. Titania/Haar/Ike all have trouble getting to 24 AS and until they do Mia is second best player phase on halbs/warriors and best enemy phase in 3-P and 3-2 on. Mia is key to an offensive approach since durability means a little less if you keep her healed and just use her for what she is good for until the Ike support starts to work.

And with Adept she'll even kill the majority of what she attacks starting in 3-2. Oscar and Neph can't say that until promotion, really, since Adept doesn't get them to that high a kill rate.

As for Neph, if you are quick-clearing 3-2 then bexp in 2-E is of paramount importance because you want her to have 24 AS for 3-3. Without that, sure, you may as well call her not worth it. She'll do less damage than others like Titania and friends and will have less mobility and durability than most of them, too. She'll be among the worst. Or you can make her among the better units offensively by getting her to 24 AS. It's not as if bexp on Haar is a good idea, anyway. You don't have enough for more than maybe two levels on him in HM in 2-E and he needs to level with cexp as much as possible to try to reach 22+2 AS before promotion. Giving him levels virtually guaranteed to not give spd just means his cexp gains will be even lower and 24 AS will take even longer to attain. Brom is Brom.

Really, 2-E bexp is the difference between Neph > Oscar and Oscar > Neph because without it Neph is in a hole for a while and it doesn't much matter that eventually she'll be a better offensive force than he is.

Oh, and Mia is in no way similar to Eddie. If Ed had a 2 higher base spd then maybe they'd be a bit similar (currently he doubles less than half of each map after 1-P and she doubles everything from day 1 till the end of the game except perhaps overleveled versions of DB units in 3-7 and 3-E), only Ed tends to face over 50 hit rates and Mia under 40. Ed needs to build a support just to maybe squeek under 50. Mia gets enemies down to single digits once her support is built. You can laugh at just about everything not a crossbow, and since crossbows tend to 4HKO Mia after a few levels and there aren't that many you can pretty much laugh at those, too. And then there are skills. Ed can't use any of note until promotion and even if he could a ~15% adept isn't doing him much good. Mia starts 3-2 with a 29% Adept (assuming you actually used her in 3-P and 3-1) and around 9% crit on enemies which causes a ~58% chance to kill anything you throw her against except stuff she ORKOs 100% (like mages/bishops/wyverns while using wyrmslayer) or things she 4HKOs (only generals). You aren't getting any other units to 58% whatever you give them. You can give Titania a crit-forge and Adept and she won't come close to that on halbs. If she has 23 spd, she loses. If hse has 24 spd, she ORKOs anyway and doesn't need any of that stuff so there is little reason not to give it to Mia. And that's just Steel Blade Mia. Steel Sword crit-forge Mia can even get decent kill rates on Generals (4HKO with good crit and adept to get extra chances at crit). Ed has nothing on that. Offensively and Defensively they are nothing alike.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mia > Zihark > Edward > Stephan > Lucia

before someone kills me, I think I have to explain the Eddie before Stephan thing. First, Eddie has his personalized weapon. Secondly, he comes in a good time while Stephan comes in the last chapter. Eddie also is usefull in saving the Dawn Brigade.

Mia and Zihark are basically self explanatory. Both have good base stats and growths.

before someone kills me, I think I have to explain the Eddie before Stephan thing. First, Eddie has his personalized weapon. Secondly, he comes in a good time while Stephan comes in the last chapter. Eddie also is usefull in saving the Dawn Brigade.

Mia and Zihark are basically self explanatory. Both have good base stats and growths.

Oh, don't worry, I agree.

But in EM, Edward is easily the best SM since he can get enough levels to grow into those massive stats that he'll get because he has TONS of growths. Even in NM he's probably better than Zihark and on par with Mia if you can be bothered to train him in good faith. But yeah, he got ****ed over in HM due to lack of EXP and no weapon triangle...

I think Zihark is pretty much the most balanced though (I voted for Mia, don't worry), his Str sn't lacking, it's just about right, he has tons of Spd and Skill, his Luck is the lowest, but has the Earth affinity to make up to it, his Def growth is pretty low, although his base makes up for it, and then we have his decent Res.

Edward can be exellent in easy mode indeed, but I don't see has much over Mia other than Str, their Luck is just about the same.

Edward can be exellent in easy mode indeed, but I don't see has much over Mia other than Str, their Luck is just about the same.[/font][/color]

He has at least three advantages over her in EM. First, Caladbolg for part 2. (And that's +8 luck as well) Secondly, he's available during the hardest parts of the game. Third, he has an additional chance to BEXP abuse.

I know that no one cares for personal experience, but I do have a 20/4 Edward who's about a point away from capping defense, so he does have that potential as well (though just as much 'potential' of the other variety as well).

Of course, Mia has breasts, so she wins by default. But on EM and NM, Edward is certainly a viable pick for best SM in RD.

Breasts are overrated, and Mia kinda lacks them, it's her body that's gold, reason why Lucia is left in the dark (Other than her non-existing avaibility).

And Mia is around helping you for much longer too, Edward isn't exactly too reliable against those laguz, he could mess up at some point and BAM...there goes the little fly.

Why wouldn't Ed be better than Stefan? He has the beginning of part 1 against Stefan's nothing. Basically, the point I italisized in your post is reason enough for Ed > Stefan considering what Ed does earlier. It also justifies Lucia > Stefan, actually, because even if she's not crucial in 2-2 she is still giving you a better turncount than if you didn't have her there and she can even help out a bit in 4-2 when you consider she'll probably be top 7 or something due to the limited number of units you can easily train on HM. Even if you are just using her Elincia bond to make Elincia immune to swordmaster crits or something like that it would still be a help.

The main thing I have to say, though, is don't be afraid most people here would try to hurt you for thinking Ed > Stefan.

Breasts are overrated, and Mia kinda lacks them, it's her body that's gold, reason why Lucia is left in the dark (Other than her non-existing avaibility).

And Mia is around helping you for much longer too, Edward isn't exactly too reliable against those laguz, he could mess up at some point and BAM...there goes the little fly.

Eh... Mia is only lacking compared to Lucia me thinks. She's actually quite well endowed... er... Not that I woul- OK yes I would look into that extensively, who am I kidding?

Anyway, she may be around longer than Edward, but on NM (And especially EM), is her contribution really all that grand compared to what the others on her team can do compared to Edward's contribution on his team? I know she's the only reliable doubler on HM, but on NM and EM, it's not that much of an issue later on.

Mia's pretty skinny really

wayu.png

Her chest size is pretty average really, other than being skinny, she wears a pretty tight outfit, so that's part of the reason we get that.

And yeah, you're right, it's pretty funny how Nolan can double SMs on EM.

See, I was going off of this:

mia.jpg

To me they seem pretty big there. Or big enough. Or something. Of course, it is an awkward pose, I guess. No matter what way you split it though, she's all-around awesome.

Is it just me, or do people seem to REALLY go out of their way to diss Mia? Back in FE9, there were people willing to argue that she shouldn't even get forges/bands/bexp on gamefaqs (and here as well I'm sure). While it's certainly less in FE10, she still seems to have a fair amount of haters.

Isn't that how FE works in general? I'm sure most characters are bashed for some reason or another. Plus, I think a lot of the hate for Mia comes from people thinking that other people like her solely for the cut-scene in which her breasts are inflated.

I don't like it either. Ever play fe6? Rutger, like FE10 Mia, is one of the few capable of doubling. At times, the only one. FE10 basically adds shinon to the mix and fe6 doesn't have that. However, Rutger faces crit from stuff for a while and will randomly die on you. Rutger isn't even all that strong and there are things early like in chapter 5 that he can't double. He'll 2 round plenty of things and even 3 round some things at times if you want him to hit reliably rather than lugging around the iron blade and its low hit. But how often do people want to have him run around with basic weapons and how often do people complain about his random deaths? Giving Adept to Mia is like letting Rutger use the killing edge/wo dao early on. Using him to beat the enemies nobody else doubles is like throwing Mia against halbs/warriors/snipers because nobody but shinon doubles them. But somehow Rutger is entitled to everything you favour him with and he can be top tier and yet somehow it took a long time to get even some people to accept Mia so high and we still have to deal with it now. Offensively, Mia is as much better than guys like Boyd and Oscar as Rutger is than some of the things in his game. But if he is stuck with generic weapons, he's not even doing more damage to things compared to his compatriots than Mia without Adept is doing to things compared to hers. Giving Rutger access to killing edge/wo dao is like sticking Adept on Mia. At least Mia only faces crit from swordmasters and snipers. snipers are jokes that you can draw with Gatrie or something and kill with Mia so who cares about their crit. swordmasters aren't nearly plentiful enough to care. Rutger faces crit from nearly everything for a few maps and will continue to face crit from mercs until he finally hits C Clarine.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Is it just me, or do people seem to REALLY go out of their way to diss Mia? Back in FE9, there were people willing to argue that she shouldn't even get forges/bands/bexp on gamefaqs (and here as well I'm sure). While it's certainly less in FE10, she still seems to have a fair amount of haters.

Denying forges in FE9 can make sense, especially in the past with the common communist FE debating style. But the other two? Denying BEXP is stupid when you realize how much there is, and denying bands is just sandbagging.

Well, it's not as bad as FE9. Generally people concede she's at least better than Edward/Lucia/Stefan. But people also overrate Zihark and don't understand how good Mia's offense is in HM, or overrate her lack of durability.

Well, it's not as bad as FE9. Generally people concede she's at least better than Edward/Lucia/Stefan. But people also overrate Zihark and don't understand how good Mia's offense is in HM, or overrate her lack of durability.

This makes sense until you know how to use her. I thought Zihark was quite clearly better than her for a while as well.

What I wanna know is why these 'debates' even keep popping up. It's been 3 years, there can't really be new things to discover in a game as strict as FE, can there?

But certain people only accept certain types of play. Or seem to think that a 25% adept is enough to justify denying Mia and her 51% adept. It's not really possible to come to an agreement when one side seems to think that type of thing. And even if they understand that Mia uses it so very much better, some people are just to hung up on equal distribution of resources that they can't accept giving her Adept + Ike. And the same people are unwilling to accept the idea that if I give some resource to unit A, unit B is not entitled to anything and everything you want to give it. There has to be some justification based on efficiency.

What I wanna know is why these 'debates' even keep popping up. It's been 3 years, there can't really be new things to discover in a game as strict as FE, can there?

Tier lists evolve. Not even a year ago, people were assuming that Moulder could get Vanessa / Colm support. When I brought it up being difficult to chain, people just laughed at me like I was some baboon. Of course, I was also arguing Moulder lower to around Kyle / Forde-level, but the theory still stood that most of the reason he was High Tier was due to his healing AND combat. You'd be very surprised at how things change over a short span of time.

Breasts are overrated

Get off of my internets breasts are never overrated.

Rutger's bosskilling abilities are also pretty essential in FE6, since low hit weapons+ excessive throne Avo+ really fast bosses make for annoying enemies to defeat. Mia doesn't really have anything like this.

I guess Mia's team has issues with doubling enemies overall, but the RKO rates that Rutger's team faces are definitely worse as a whole, not to mention his team has hit issues all over the place, because well it's FE6.

Isn't Moulder still above Kyle/Forde significantly?

Isn't Moulder still above Kyle/Forde significantly?

The FE8 list here hasn't been touched in a while. In FEG's:

-High-

Cormag
Gerik
Tethys
Kyle
Lute
Artur
Forde
Moulder

It's a little different.

I don't think I necessarily agree with him under those units (like under Lute and Artur seems a little odd, maybe even below Tethys), but at the same time I'd say he's somewhere in the right tier.

Edited by Colonel M