Lugh vs Lilina

Ansem

103 members have voted

1. 1. The better sage

• Lugh
    • Lilina
    • Screw them, i use everyone else

Can't Lugh be the son of Nino and Erk?

Who cares? Instead of pedophilia it's two kids having kids, that's much better right?

@Bolded: What does that have to do with anything? Especially when it's not her that being the one contributing.

Did you not understand the point of my post, or what

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's two kids that got married, at the very least. I don't know how you can't see the creepiness of that. Besides, I'm sure Jaffar is supposed to be the "canon" one.

• 2 weeks later...

Huh another one of these.

I know it's wrong to do so, but I'm often amused at these arguments. Still, I think we get the idea with Lugh vs Lilina.

But anyway I voted Lugh for obvious reasons (I also like him more as a character than Lilina).

But neither of them are as cool as the supreme (and obnoxious) magician of all: Ray!

• 1 month later...

They are both good units. Lilina takes a LOT of effort to make good, but I think she's worth it. Lugh is easier to use, but in my opinion never gets as good.

Cool necro, bro. B)

It's a good idea to check the rules specially when a revision for them was announced.

If a topic has not been posted in for 1 month AND has fallen outside the first page of a board, any posts made in that topic will be considered necroposting.

His post only goes against the bolded so it's fine. Your post however, is spam/minimodding.

The next post I see here should be on-topic. Any comments or questions should be PMed.

Lilina doesn't suck THAT badly as a unit... she just needs more mooch kills and a speedwing ._.

Which you could technically use for someone who needs it better, but if you're not RNG blessed, then why not?

Lugh, you get earlier and definitely has an advantage, however, not EVERYONE is going for the most efficient playthrough... Besides, I'm a Roy x Lilina shipper :P

Besides, I'd rather be looking at this cute face:

LilinaAnimatedFixed.gif

If you're going for the "easier unit" to train, then Hugh definitely beats Lilina.

IMHO, it's just like the preference with Rolf vs. Shinon in FE10... If both are leveled and given the needed amount of attention, neither of them outclass the other... It just takes more effort on Lilina's part because sometimes she tends to be speed screwed...

Aftyer accidentally deleting my HM file (Ch16. I had meant to restart chapter, but went down one too far in the menu without noticing. Being Japanese text, the rest is self-explanatory), I learnt from that file that Lilina's high magic alone is not enough to give her any credit over Lugh, who was doubling almost everything. The biggest mistake I had made on that file was giving Lilina the Guiding ring in 14x instead of Clarine, and there's not another available until Ch16 in the secret shop. Lugh's magic is sufficiently high enough to take out defensive bosses. Lilina, like Nino in FE7, comes underlevelled and so the effort to feed a unit which will only turn out mediocre, at best, isn't worth it.

Oh yeah, I voted Lugh.

Lilina doesn't suck THAT badly as a unit... she just needs more mooch kills and a speedwing ._.

Which you could technically use for someone who needs it better, but if you're not RNG blessed, then why not?

Lugh, you get earlier and definitely has an advantage, however, not EVERYONE is going for the most efficient playthrough... Besides, I'm a Roy x Lilina shipper :P

Besides, I'd rather be looking at this cute face:

LilinaAnimatedFixed.gif

If you're going for the "easier unit" to train, then Hugh definitely beats Lilina.

IMHO, it's just like the preference with Rolf vs. Shinon in FE10... If both are leveled and given the needed amount of attention, neither of them outclass the other... It just takes more effort on Lilina's part because sometimes she tends to be speed screwed...

Bold: I like you.

I vote Lilina. Mostly because everytime I play FE6, Lilina caps her Mag. While Lugh.. Eh... He's screwed.

Give her a speedwing = Lilina can kill. (IMO)

• 3 weeks later...

Voted Lilina. Explanation:

Ok imagine this: Imagine your party as a BB (Battleship) class ship.

Lilina is the big cannons at the front of the ship that takes down fleets

while Lugh is the smaller and faster cannons for anti-air covering.

In term of usefullness Lilina wins (plus +25% critical with Roy +High LUCK ~25+ that really helps hit+evasion). And leave the HM out. Everything is completely different there.

P.S. Since Lilina needs speedwings, Lugh also needs some energy rings.

Personally i use both.

Lilina is garbage beyond garbage. Lugh is actually good once he gets going.

lol @ Lilina being one-rounded by half of the enemies in the game

PEMN?

Well this is a poll right? The opinion is not incorrect because he is only voicing that Lilina is conditionally better not establishing his experience as universal fact.

I voted for Lugh because he ends up good if the RNG isn't being mean to me and is probably Nino's son. I like using Nino and Ray too. Yay green hair? :mellow:

Edited by Brighton

Lilina's Mag is overrated. It's not such a big deal if she isn't doubling anything but Knights, which again, she is actually missing on doubling for a while.

Whether Lugh is Mag screwed or not, he still hits Res, which is an up.

• 4 weeks later...

As I usually use slower, but more powerful units in FE(or is it just me), I would have to side with the Lilina fans here. Think about this way, I'd rather do a single 20 damage an enemy than double and do 13 damage. And you know what, neither mage has good durability, since both get 2HKO'd(OHKO'd by some dudes), so you can't argue durability since both die in two hits on average(and both get +2 def from their optimal supports, though Lily gets +3). Besides, I don't mind babying units unless it's somebody who has such a hard time catching up that you should never use them and preferably killed off ASAP(Fiona, FE10 Astrid). Lilina(and FE10 Edward)is not one of those people.

Lugh has higher speed and skill, and has a good join time. However, he is suspect to magic screwage due to his lower mag growth(which is almost half that of Lilina's), and his supports take a while to make(Chad takes 15 turns to get to C, 30 turns to B, Ray, 13, 20 turns to B.)

Lilina has significantly higher mag than Lugh, and her supports benefit her more(she gets +4 atk and +20 hit from A Roy, B Gonzo), and they don't take as long to make(Roy only takes 1 to get to C!, and takes 15 to get to B.). However, her speed takes a huge dip(her spd growth is 15 lower than Lugh's), and she joins 4 chapters later in a jail cell with no equipment. The support might not happen because most of you want Roy to get double B's with Alan and Lance, but fuck that.

Edited by DA125

• 2 weeks later...

As I usually use slower, but more powerful units in FE(or is it just me), I would have to side with the Lilina fans here. Think about this way, I'd rather do a single 20 damage an enemy than double and do 13 damage.

As much as I like Lilina (which... isn't much, but I don't hate her), I don't think she's ever got 14 more mag than Lugh. It's more like one's doing 20 damage once, and the other is doing 13 damage twice.

Edited by A boy named Sal