*is a newbie at the series*

HyperChibiAbsol

If you don't have at least two staff users in HHM Cog of Destiny, you're in for a world of annoyance. Just saying.

*currently getting headaches due to this exact problem*

having no restore staves at all is quite a problem too here :huh:

(that's the thing that caused me headaches here)

Well, theoretically, the endgame chapters can be harder with a small core team since you lack flexibility, but a 10/20/15 zerk!Ross can deal with anything. anything. including WTD and Hand Axe vs. magic.

7 and 10 have a little difficulty if you have the wrong endgame team, but 8 and 9 you can slap any ragtag bunch of 5 dudes in and win if they've all been used throughout.

He can even cross game boundaries!

You are right though. (Myrrh, Gerik, Tethys, and some others in support)

He can even cross game boundaries!

You are right though. (Myrrh, Gerik, Tethys, and some others in support)

har de har de har, Fuery.

I meant as an example, ya dolt. 20/20 Canas w/Nosferatu can solo the endgame. Better? :P

Well, theoretically, the endgame chapters can be harder with a small core team since you lack flexibility, but a 10/20/15 zerk!Ross can deal with anything. anything. including WTD and Hand Axe vs. magic.

7 and 10 have a little difficulty if you have the wrong endgame team, but 8 and 9 you can slap any ragtag bunch of 5 dudes in and win if they've all been used throughout.

You might win, but you need good characters to win quickly. 2 A Staff users with more than 15 magic for FE8, +a group of characters that can kill Lyon in 1 turn. In the case of 9, all you need is Ike/Oscar/Soren/Reyson. Oh, and a lack of consideration for the ~6% chance of Reyson dying.

You might win, but you need good characters to win quickly. 2 A Staff users with more than 15 magic for FE8, +a group of characters that can kill Lyon in 1 turn. In the case of 9, all you need is Ike/Oscar/Soren/Reyson. Oh, and a lack of consideration for the ~6% chance of Reyson dying.

Sure, but if you're going in for your first playthrough you're probably not too concerned with winning quickly. Additionally, all I said was that any ragtag group of misfits could plug their way through the Endgames of 8 and 9, not that it'd be quick or efficient.

On the other hand, I maintain that any strategy that involves more than 2 turns to kill Mortii is destined for horrible failure, and any bunch of misfits can kill Mortii in two turns.

EDIT: hey five circles cool

Edited by Integrity

7 and 10 have a little difficulty if you have the wrong endgame team

Actually, 10 can be pretty hard. Hell, even normal mode DB chapters can be a pain in the ass.

When I play, I try to use every character (except Rath, Dorcas, and Bartre because I just don't like them, but you might). It turns out reasonably well this way, but you have to arena abuse like crazy. I usually arena my nonpromoted units to level 15 and then let nature run its course with them. I NEVER send a promoted unit into the arena because they tend to be berserkers with high crit, high speed and silver axes.

With arena abuse, I can get just about everybody up to level 20/10 going into the final chapter, though promotion items limit this.

Speaking of cheesy things to do, if you have a chance to seize a throne, don't do it. Just sit around for about 20 turns and let people build support levels. Merlinus and Marcus have pretty entertaining support conversations.

To level up your healers, heal everyone you can. Every time someone levels up and gets one HP, heal. Better yet, use Mend. If you abuse arenas, you'll have lots of money and this will be affordable.

In the chapter where you recruit Legault, there's a secret card which allows you to access the secret shops. Make sure you grab it!

By the way, my recommendations will give you a horrible tactician rating, so feel free to disregard if you want to get all 5 stars at the end ;)

• 2 months later...

Level your main lord. FOR GOD'S SAKE LEVEL YOUR MAIN LORD. I neglected Eliwood for my first 7 run and Eirika for my first 8 run and I regretted it massively.

ahh, i remember in my first playthrough, i totally neglected eliwood ( i was like, 9 at the time.) and i got to xchapter 26, and he was, i believe, level 1 with 87 experience. my marcus was level 20, and hector was like, 9.

My advise just playthrough the game and decide what classes u like and don't like and since u have save states arena abuse until u get the hang of the game and only use Marcus until u get the hang of the game I personally don't like him but he is good for beginers

characters I like

raven

Kent

sain

Hector

oswin

guy

erk

florina

eliwood (sucks until u evolve)

Lyn (if u want geitz)

geitz (if u wanna train all three lords maybe this can wait a few playthroughs)

oh didn't see this was necrod nevermind

Edited by rslfan

Level your main lord. FOR GOD'S SAKE LEVEL YOUR MAIN LORD. I neglected Eliwood for my first 7 run and Eirika for my first 8 run and I regretted it massively.

This. >.>

My Eliwood ended up shit by endgame, only 11/6 or something, couldn't hit shit with Durandal, and got doubled fequently, though on my latest playthrough I leveled him a bit TOO much. >.>

If you abuse arenas, you'll have lots of money and this will be affordable.

Not like you will need them in this game anyway.

This game don't even sell any stat up items. :\

^^^

eliwood is actually good when u evolve him just use the mine glitch and get vaidas spear for him because durandal is too bulky for him even with both body rings

Wut.

No.