Grandjackal's FE6 Playthrough

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you use my ch6 strategy, you'll get everything but the Short Bow and Unlock in 10 turns.

a: I refuse to copy. I want to do this on my own.

b: I don't know how many door keys you had so I may not be able to replicate it without replaying chapter 5

c: I want all 8 chests and I'm not sure how easy it would be for me to turn your strategy into a 12 turn for all the chests. I'm sure 13 is easy enough for me to figure out, though, so if I can redo it and get the 3000 G chest as well without taking 14+ then I think I'll be happy enough with it.

Like GJ, I didn't buy any Door Keys in chapter 5. So if you had Door Keys, you could probably go a little faster.

I'm tempted to attempt to figure out a 10 turn in which you get everything. I think that's the lower limit for getting all the chests. I don't know if I could manage that even with 5 door keys, though. I'll see what I can pull off and hopefully it will be 12 or less. If not, oh well. I have 3 door keys, though, so it should be easier than what you had. I'm assuming you used the door key from chapter 4, though, in chapter 6, yes?

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Yeah, I used it on the door to Sue's room. You're going to need at least 2 Door Keys to speed up either the right or left side, then 1 more for the side that Chad is going up (I had him unlock the first door since the other units were occupied with enemies). This is only considering the main rooms on the sides; not the room with the Unlock.

Now now, if there's any chapter where I'm going to take it slow, it's this one. This isn't an efficiency playthrough, though I am trying to get through it realistically (that is, not sitting still to spam out supports, lol at the cavs able to get to B before chapter 2). This chapter though, I say bollocks to it because this is supposed to be a stupidly easy chapter, of which I don't care to make into rush hour. I won't open the doors that spawn enemies (aside from Unlock), and when I'm done with that and just waiting for Chad to get the other chests, I will keep my units away from eachother as to not build up supports, keeping my chapter 7 performance realistic in the case I WOULD do this in a rushing setting.

I've had an annoying last few chapters, I'm going to use this one as a breather.

If it makes you feel better, my Marcus was about Level 6 before hitting the isles. He hit Level 5 after Chapter 5 (placed him on the fort). It's possible to get 13 AS, but you'd have to put a lot of effort toward that probably.

Chapter 6

The only real annoying part of this chapter is the mages, with their thunder spells procing crit on plenty of your guys. Crit evade is pretty nice to have. Therefore the MVP is Allen, though Lance was able to double some with a javelin.

This is sort of the map where no one sucks. Everyone is awesome here, and there is a CRAPLOAD of exp here. I chose not to field Marcus because my team is quite able to handle these losers.

I chose to kill Cass because fuck it, I don't need her running amok in the later chapters. Will make chapter 8 quite a bit simpler.

I would have completed this map sooner, had Rutger not MISSED ONE HIT! Had he not missed, I wouldn't have had to deal with those reinforcements (Roy almost died). So, got a bit tied up there, so even if I did have keys, it would have taken a bit longer than anticipated.

...Wish I had door keys...

Turncount: Got to the throne pretty quick (think it was 12 or 13 due to those damned reinforcements), but otherwise it took me...Well...23 turns.

Whatever.

Levels

Name Lvl EXP HPs Str Skl Spd Lck Def Res
Roy    5  53  22   7   7   8  10   6   0 C Lance
Al     8  76  26  10   9   9   8   7   0 C Lance
Boris  6  16  25   9   5   5   5  14   0
Lance  7  97  24   7   9  12   4   8   1 C Allen C Roy
Ward   6  32  31   9   6   7   5   5   0 C Lot
Lot    7  67  31  10   7   8   5   1   0 C Ward C Deick
Deick 10  72  31   9  15  10   6   7   0 C Lot
Rutgr 10  25  31  12  17  19   5   8   2
Clar   3  91  16   2   5  11   8   2   7
Saul   6  10  20   5   6  11   2   3   6

Now THAT is the Allen and Lance I remember!

Ward's deciding he's not going to be the powerhouse but slow version of Lot. Instead he's opting to be just somewhat worse rather than noticeably worse.

Deick's level's just that high, I know I had him in plenty of action.

Lol Rutger.

Edited by Cait Sith

Thank you dondn, pardon me on that.

Edited.

And I highly doubt that Lot has a mere 1 def.

And you think level 10 is high for Dieck after chapter 6? I consider him quite underleveled.

23 turns? Even I got like 17 or 18 or something my first HM play and got everything. Of course, I had door keys, but whatever. Even spoke to Cath. Stole her lockpick on NM, actually. Won't be doing that this time, though. Or I don't plan to, anyway. One lockpick I'll be selling later is not worth (at least) an extra turn, however much easier it makes dealing with Cath.

And I highly doubt that Lot has a mere 1 def.

Woops. Yeah, he's got 5, will fix.

And you think level 10 is high for Dieck after chapter 6? I consider him quite underleveled.

I meant in terms of gaining exp, not high for the current situation. Then again, if he actually gained speed, he probably WOULD be higher.

23 turns? Even I got like 17 or 18 or something my first HM play and got everything. Of course, I had door keys, but whatever. Even spoke to Cath. Stole her lockpick on NM, actually. Won't be doing that this time, though. Or I don't plan to, anyway. One lockpick I'll be selling later is not worth (at least) an extra turn, however much easier it makes dealing with Cath.

When I said I was gonna be lax with this chapter, I meant I was gonna be lax with this chapter. That, and no door keys. And I sort of got caught up with reinforcements that shouldn't have showed up (but no, Rutger had to go and miss...)

Currently in a ragequit at the moment. Chapter 7, I got it down to a wyvern, an archer and a mage. Was about to kill the wyvern and everything would have been hokey-dory, but no! Sue didn't want to hit! Nor did Zealot, or 3 of my javelin guys! Because of it, Noah died.

I'm so pissed off, I was just about done!

Chapter 7

Oh joy, I knew how this one was gonna go. The big kicker here was that my killing edge was gone, as it's Rutger's main reason why he's so lethal here in taking out the mercs. They were the biggest problem here, and really, you should save up just for this occasion. You have no idea how many restarts I had to do just because there was a moment where I missed one of these assholes.

Needless to say, had to improvise. I would have done Dondon's method, butI wasn't going to just RNG abuse, and unfortunatelythe RNG didn't want to be on my side today, so I just took a different approach. I had everyone move left. All the painful bastards are on the left side of the map. There's a group to teh right of which a nice concentrated effort can take care of, along with having a more open space of which to deal with the wyvern rider.

Needless to say, Treck died here, but I don't give a fuck. Saving him with Dondon's method is quite safe unless your RNG decides it doesn't want to proc 80s and 90s hit, and I doubt in the end my approach was any safer.

Funny fact though, if you were to do dondon's approach, a trained Boris could sit on a forest and laugh his ass off as the enemies try to hurt him (give him vulneries, if only because of the wyvern rider). I noticed that what Dondon did was basically have Rutger Armorslay the armor near the arena, then have him get rescued. This allows Rutger to be near your force, and not having to go rescue him, allowing you to better position 2 units while Boris gets to work. When the wyvern comes in, do what it takes. Due to the RNG not being on my side in the slightest, I was unable to do this. He still pays off well though, as often you will find yourself in danger. Have him rescue someone, and they'll be safe as long as you know what you're doing.

good lord these things are way too strong for this point in hte game, especially for a map with this many flyer-friendly terrain, chokepoints and the crapload of enemies here. It's staggering. You play this map normally and you are convinced that this is a troll map.

Blessed be the slayer weapons...If ever there was a weapon that made you feel like mercy was being shown on you when it worked, it has to be the slayer weapons. Problem is, I sort of broke the armorslayer off the boss's ass. I feel this might be bad news for me, because if Devias is hard to take off the throne, oh boy I can't WAIT to fight Leygence!

I never wanna play an efficiency run of this game ever again. Maybe if you can keep your cool, you can do this a lot faster than I did. I had to use a much slower strategy to pull it off, so I'm not surprised.

Turncount: !4

Levels

Roy    6  39  22   8   8   8  10   7   1 C Lance
Al     9  22  27  11   9   9   8   7   1 B Lance
Boris  7  31  25   9   6   5   5  14   0
Lance  9   9  25   8  11  13   4   8   1 B Allen C Roy
Ward   7  37  32  10   7   7   5   5   0 C Lot
Lot    8  74  31  10   7   9   3   5   1 C Ward C Deick
Deick 11  84  32   9  15  10   6   8   1 C Lot
Clar   5  37  16   2   6  12  10   2   8
Marc   4  42  35   9  14  13  11   9   9
Lou    6  21  18   8   7   9   8   3   5
Zealot 1  34 Base

My cavs went from "eh, wobbly" to "Godly". Glad to have you guys back.

Boris got 2 crappy levels unfortunately. Perhaps penance for his great level ups so far.

Ward and Lot finally realizing they're supposed to be different, in that Lot is supposed to be better.

SIX LEVELS AND STILL NO SPEED, DEICK!! I was going to early promote him, but that plan sort of went to hell now that I see this...Rrrrr...

Oh, NOW Lou decides he wants to be good? Fuck you, Lou!

LOL, Marcus has 13 AS! Bwahahahahahaa! At this point, I want to support him with the cavs because he can get good mileage out of 13 AS. It's absolutely sick.

Speaking of supports, when is that Roy support with them supposed to kick in again? I've only got C Lance and I'm in chapter 8. I might as well build one up with freaking Lillina at this point.

Edited by Cait Sith

Don't worry about armorslayers. Oujay will serve his primary function next chapter and you'll be fine.

As for Roy and his buddies, I have no idea what you are doing with them all the time so I have no idea why you can't get them sooner. My Roy + Allen happened decently early in chapter 6 and I assume that Roy + Lance will happen during chapter 7 for me. And I didn't even keep them all together during chapter 3. Had I not sent them in different directions I'm sure I could get them a chapter earlier each. Oh well. If you are using Lilina then you may as well A Lilina with Roy and then give Roy either C Lance C Marcus (if you are keeping him around for a while) or just B Lance. And if you are keeping Marcus and don't want to bother trying to get Roy to support Allen (though fire x fire is really cool :lol: ) then Allen could support Marcus, maybe. Of course, Ice isn't really a great support for them. No +mt, no crit. It gives avoid and accuracy, I suppose, so that stacks for Allen. And if he goes A Lance B Marcus then that is +12 cev which isn't a bad thing. Marcus + Lance is probably better, though, and Roy + Allen, if you want to go that route. M + L gives full def, avoid, crit evade. Lance still gets +4 mt but now gets +3 def instead of +2. Misses 5 crit from Roy but gains 5 crit evade. Too late now, though.

What I'm probably gonna do is give him C with Lance and Allen. They aren't exactly too dependent on him anyways, seeing as I don't usually have them close enough to get the bonuses much anyways. Then I will have them C with Marcus, so when I do eventually get rid of him, I didn't lose anything devestating. Not sure what exactly I'll do with the extra CC slots Allen and Lance will have onece MArcus is gone, but I don't think they'll be too broken up about it.

I noticed that your Dieck also has base strength.

Did not notice that. Yeah, his Dieck and mine are like two completely different characters.

Of course, you should've seen my other one. Capped spd at 20/14 or something. Yes, I'm aware that his average is 20.4 at that level and his cap is 26. He was that blessed. And for a while his str was above average, too. His str stopped growing faster than it was supposed to after some time, though, but obviously his spd didn't stop growing at an insane rate until it capped. 14 speed in 28 levels with a 30% growth. Yeah. Go Dieck. Minor issue: skl and def were both like 3 down or something but I had a really really hard time caring. Of course, my current Dieck is only slightly blessed in spd at the moment and instead decided that his luck is the stat he'd like to treat as if it had a 70% growth. I think mine has 10 luck at level 12. Cool, eh?

Another thing that's pissing me off, because it's forcing me to use the Steel Blade in situations where I don't want to.

Even worse, I can't just get rid of him, I'm screwing over Lot and Ward in the process. That and come on...I'm essentially tossing out a top tier unit. That's sick. It's like cutting the jugular on a team. Thank goodness Rutger's being so damn epic in his place. Hell, he LOOKS like he's performing like how DEICk should be.

Only thing Deick's really capable of soon is doubling steel axers on the isles in chapter 9. If I'm going to scrap Deick's team, who do I replace them with?

...The armors?

Another thing that's pissing me off, because it's forcing me to use the Steel Blade in situations where I don't want to.

Even worse, I can't just get rid of him, I'm screwing over Lot and Ward in the process. That and come on...I'm essentially tossing out a top tier unit. That's sick. It's like cutting the jugular on a team. Thank goodness Rutger's being so damn epic in his place. Hell, he LOOKS like he's performing like how DEICk should be.

Only thing Deick's really capable of soon is doubling steel axers on the isles in chapter 9. If I'm going to scrap Deick's team, who do I replace them with?

...The armors?

You wanted to use them anyway. Goodbye Dieck + Ward + Lot and say hello to Bors + Wendy + Barth. Too bad your Lugh is okay otherwise you could toss him and use Lilina like you want. Though why you decided to do this on a semi-efficient playthrough I don't have a clue. But hey, if you can manage to only go a couple of turns above Colonel M with your beloved armors then I'll be impressed.

who do I replace them with?

Prepromotes. Doesn't matter if he's a top tier unit, if his SPD is becoming an issue, he might as well be dropped no matter how unbelievable that may be.

You wanted to use them anyway. Goodbye Dieck + Ward + Lot and say hello to Bors + Wendy + Barth. Too bad your Lugh is okay otherwise you could toss him and use Lilina like you want. Though why you decided to do this on a semi-efficient playthrough I don't have a clue. But hey, if you can manage to only go a couple of turns above Colonel M with your beloved armors then I'll be impressed.

How sure are you that it's enough reason stop him from doing it? :P

Did not notice that. Yeah, his Dieck and mine are like two completely different characters.

Comparisons between Diecks can never be appropriate.

Edited by Speedwagon

Alright then, chapter 8.

Remember that time I brought up how you could give an armor a lift and have him sit there to sort of block off an attack from your cavalier? It's what I did with Boris. Didn't hinder my move, most of the work is done by Zealot and Marcus who should be even further ahead of the cavs who would need this tactic, and overall got plenty of exp out of it still.

That being said, this level went smoothly.

Gave Marcus the Hammer (Oh D rank, how I love you) to deal with the various armors in the future. Especially helpful on that one armor with the Knight Killer. Him and Zealot basically ripped the place apart while my other guys fed off the exp.

Got to the armors basically as I walked in. Did something pretty nifty too. Had one of the nearby soldiers wounded and killed the archer. Had OJ break the door down. Wendy got in his way at the door and traded him his javelin. Barth moves south of OJ and equips it. Barth attracts an archer, leaves it easy picking for the paladins. Pretty nice trick. Pointless, but it entertained me at least.

I also discovered that little treasure room trick I did is unecessary. I got to the throne room before the reinforcements showed up. They showed up right AFTER, but I got there quick enough still. So, what I opted to do instead was to have the armors gang up on the right stairwell, and had a healer on standby (Saul, Clarine was at the throne room aiding Rutger). I had Lillina after a bit of aid with Lou go up and stack up against the staircase to block the archer from moving and giving me freedom to kill at my leisure. What I did was probably a stupid move, the move being having Ashtor get up against the wall with the Light Brand to chip so that Lillina got a kill every turn, just like Wendy.

There are two places I got hung up. First off was the boss. Rutger could have easily taken him out in a single turn and I'd have been done with the reinforcements. However, Rutger kept missing, which hung me up longer than I needed to. After a single wave of reinforcements, I could have had Leygence dead. Luck was not on my side however.

This got me to hang-up number 2: The second treasure room. I had to get a better closed position to get Chad in there, as otherwise the reinforcements would screw him over (I ALMOST got nabbed by a steel spear). Admittedly, this was just due to lazy positioning of my units and could have gotten it all down sooner. I also forgot that only Chad was there. Luckily, I stole the treasure keys off the armor knight near the stairs, however I had my cavs preoccupied. So Chad unlocked two chests before I got the keys off him. Should have traded earlier, should have prepared for a just in case.

Though perhaps I also hesitated a bit at the stairs, because it leaves me paranoid. Leave it to me for forgetting to check FEWOD. I had everyone stack up first, because I thought the reinforcements would flood out right then and there. Well luckily, my fears were unfounded, so I moved right on out. Funny story though about hte killer armor. Had Barth lure him out. The killer crit, Barth toughed up and laughed it off. Wendy got into position, and triangle chipped. The killer crit Boris, who proceeded to laugh it off. Lillina landed the kill. Considering none of these units were gonna move much further (none of them are much use fighting Leygence), I didn't really lose any precious time with them.

That being said...

Turncount: 22

However, I got to the throne by turn 16. Had I not been paranoid at the stairs, I probably could have gotten to Leygence a turn earlier. Leygence took 4 turns when it could have just taken 1, but Rutger didn't want to hit anything. I had lazy positioning and Chad forgot to trade keys out earlier. Cost me a turn. So even choosing Boris, this map is still pretty doable in 15-16 turns. Just got unlucky with Leygence and forgot my keys is all. That, and apparently I'm afraid of stairs.

Perhaps a blessing in disguise for me though. You'll see why in a bit.

Levels

Roy    6  39  22   8   8   8  10   7   1 C Lance C Allen C Lillina
Al    10  29  28  11  10   9   8   7   1 B Lance C Roy
Boris  9  21  26  10   7   6   6  16   0
Lance 11   7  27   8  11  13   5   9   2 B Allen C Roy
Clar   6  53  17   3   7  13  10   2   8 C Rutger
Marc   5  26  35   9  14  13  11   9  10
Sue    2  65  19   5   7   9   4   5   0
Lou    7  57  18   8   8  10   8   3   5 C Chad
Rutgr 12  30  33  12  18  20   5   9   3 C Clarine
Saul   8   3  22   5   7  12   3   3   7
Zealot 2  19  35  10  13  14   6  11   7
Ash   10  28 Base
Lili   3   6  17   6   5   4   6   2   8 C Roy
Wendy  4  35  21   5   4   3   7   8   1
Barth  9  47  25  10   6   5   2  14   1

Ashtor and Sue are shown up to show how much they were used. I didn't even use Sue for much, she gained that much exp on accident, to give you a clue on her leveling speed.

Lance and Allen still look good.

My paladins are just so sick...

Lou is getting blessed, and it's pissing me off.

Should I just promote Rutger now? I mean...Look at him! What good does waiting do me?

Might be wondering how I managed to get Saul that many levels in just one chapter (yeah, didn't use him in chapter 7, I tend to only use 1 healer there because there are just so many threats that just having another person who's squishy actually seems to make me more vulnerable than less.). Simple. I abused the Barrier staff a bit. 4 uses, none of them necessary. I don't see why not either, 15 uses on one staff seems a bit overkill, I think you can get away with a little bit of abusing this thing. Really, just whatever gets him closer to level 10, because I might promote him as soon as I get light magic to build the rank. Might as well use that one Divine tome SOMEWHERE.

Most of the time spent waiting for Rutger to hit the boss, I had been triangle attacking mercenaries during that time. None of that went to building up Boris, he got that all naturally. It was all for Wendy. That level 9 is fair game. Lillina and Wendy's levels however are clearly inflated. But, I was able to nab a couple triangle attacks on my way to her cell, so it's fair to assume a level for her here at least.

Lance has a level lead on Allen due to 2 magekills (he could double them, Allen couldn't), and a missed opportunity (Lance was about to level, Allen wasn't. Perhaps I should have been a bit more levelheaded with that one, don't want these two having an influx between them).

Also, all 9 Con cavs are capable of transporting Barth. Oh Allen and Lance, how I love you...

...Hey Colonel. Even with all the hang-ups, I was using armors and I STILL managed to beat you by 2 turns!

NYAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!

Edited by Cait Sith

Chapter 8x

Easy peasy lemon squeezy. The idea was this. I had Clair, Rutger, Thany, the armors, Lillina and the cavs join this chapter, the cavs to help wheel around the armors and Thany to fly Rotger over the gorge to the left to take the throne, Clair and Roy soon following. The idea was that the boss is the time limit to see how much bonus exp the armors and Lillina can nab up.

I reached the boss by turn 12 (had to get rid of those guys at the start), and I got hung up a bit as Rutger doesn't have perfect accuracy on the boss. Took me 3 turns to down.

Turncount: 15

Levels

Roy    6  60  22   8   8   8  10   7   1 C Lance C Allen C Lillina
Al    11   3  29  11  10  10   8   7   1 B Lance C Roy
Boris 10  16  26  11   7   6   6  16   0
Lance 11  33  27   8  11  13   5   9   2 B Allen C Roy
Clair  7  53  17   3   7  13  11   2   8 C Rutger
Rutgr 14  63  35  12  19  20   5   9   3 C Clarine
Lilli  5  17  18   8   5   5   7   3   9 C Roy
Wendy  6  68  23   6   5   3   7   9   1
Barth 10  37  26  11   7   5   2  14   1

Allen's gonna nuke the isles.

Lance is surprisingly tough.

Standard Clarine

Lol Rutger

Standard Lillina

Leave it to Wendy to get speed screwed. 5 levels, 2 speed under.

Got a lucky Str proc on Barth.

...Hey Colonel. Even with all the hang-ups, I was using armors and I STILL managed to beat you by 2 turns!

NYAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!

Let's see you beat the Isles. I admit that I was slow in earlygame, but I picked up the pace at the Isles.

I also slowed down a little to get Thany up to Level 11.

Edited by Colonel M

Chapter 9

Had to get a bit creative with this one. I looked around the map. Suddenly, I noticed a forest on the upper island. I had Thany drop Barth down there, as he was near invincible towards the archers. Slowly, I dropped the other armors there and Saul. This made it so that they could basically walk up to the upper house, or someone else can come by and nab it because all teh enemies are distracted (in fact, you can send Thany).

Everyone else was basically rescue-dropped by cavs, as I had plenty of horsemen for this chapter. Got to the throne in 11 turns...Again, got a bit hung up on the guy, this time because Rutger didn't want to crit. I lol'd though, because if Rutger had 1 more HP, the berserker boss could crit with his hand axe and Rutger would still be alive[/s]. Hax Rutger.

I have to give a thumbs up to Fir though, who basically carved a way down to the silver sword with Lillina and Sue in tow. I'm going to show you what level I got her, just using her normally. I got this much by complete accident.

Noah died. He won't be missed.

Northern pirate reinforcements showed up, armors were in place. Can you say Garbage Disposal?

Turncount: 15

Levels

Roy    7  34  22   9   9   9  10   8   2 C Allen C Lance C Lillina
Al    12  42  29  11  10  11   8   7   2 B Lance C Roy
Boris 10  30  26  11   7   6   6  16   0 C Wendy
Lance 12  45  28   9  11  13   5   9   2 B Allen C Roy
Clar   8  22  17   3   7  14  12   2   8 C Rutger
Rutgr 16  93  36  12  20  20   5   9   4 C Clarine
Lilli  7  82  19  10   5   6   8   3  10 C Roy
Wendy  8   6  25   7   6   5   8  11   1 C Boris
Barth 11  75  27  12   8   5   2  15   1
Saul   9  44  22   5   8  12   3   3   7
Fir    5  38  30   9  14  17   6   6   4
Shin   6  30  30  10  11  14   9   8   1

Allen and Lance are going apeshit.

Probably should have dropped Boris instead of Barth due to Boris's greater Def, but it probably did well to keep Barth alive from an axer.

Lololololol Rutger.

Still a pretty standard Lillina.

Nice to see Wendy caught up in a flash.

Two tough bastards, Boris and Barth.

Yeah, that's right. I managed to get 4 levels on Fir just using her normally. If it weren't for her strength, you'd think she was another upcoming Rutger. Best of all, I still have spots on my team, so I can slip her in. I'll be using Bartre, so I might as well.

I like this chapter, made me get creative with my armor force.

Edited by Cait Sith