Grandjackal's FE6 Playthrough

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm aware I was sloppy (everything on the right side went perfectly, just with the left side I was so absent-minded that it led to a great big fail), but I'm pretty much done caring about a fast turn completion.

It was a bit more than just getting crap to the secret shop, it was more...forgetting to go into the left chest room, basically ;;>>

Eh, whatever. I'm not redoing this chapter simply to have a lower turn count.

I just went through something that will inevitably be hilarious to you all, as it is the dry run of chapter 16x.

So first thing I notice is the bolting sage can double and ORKO Barth. Yeah, if you need any convincing that if you are not using them seriously that you should drop them by now, here's your proof unless you promote before level 20. I figured fine, I'll just replace them with Clarine and whoever else I can fit in.

The Bolting Sage OHKOs Clarine.

I'm facepalming right about now. I did find out though that despite Windam having humongous range with his staff, he only uses it once you clear the stairs. So I figured I would bait out staff uses that way (considering I basically had to run Bolting dry first). However, I foolishly didn't notice the sage with the Silence Staff, who's more than happy to move and doesn't care where you are. Yeah, don't bait Windam with Miledy when the silencer has 76 displayed on Saul with Silence.

Needless to say, I had to run for my fucking life. That's when I noticed. Douglas! I figured he'd tank her out, because fuck if I care if he lives (shush, he's not one of the ORIGINAL armors). I took his crap because a Silver Axe and Lance is pretty nice loot. To my surprise however, he survived Berserk Miledy till she calmed down. Doug for Top Tier. He take on Miledy, laughs at Sacae and doesn't afraid of anything.

So I figured I'm ready to go on, they have no one else left to piss me off. Oh, wait, forgot Windam has another berserk. Oh whatever, Saul can just restore and I can mo- *Berserks Saul, incapacitating my one healer at the time for 5 turns)............You douchebag. I had everyone on the platform and you target SAUL!?

Ragh! Fine, so THAT'S done with. Alright, I can finally move on, ANOTHER FUCKING BOLTER! All I wanted to do was go left! Fine, I'll run this guy out and heal-

Apparently if you take long enough, they'll just get tired of waiting for you to show up and slaughter them, so they charge you. This means the bolting mage will now move and inevitably target one of my inevitably star-missle wounded units, blasting them to smithereens.

*facedesk*

I am so boned, this map just trolled me. Note to self: Look before you leap.

I fail so hard

Cecilia is laughing (or trolling you) from beyond the grave.

I was quite surprised to see that SAUL of all people was the last one he berserked. It's as if the AI read your mind and did this just to stall your strategy while being aware that you wanted to do this efficiently. Too bad I can't warn this troll :P

Interesting to see how you'll pull out of this one.

Edited by Speedwagon

I just went through something that will inevitably be hilarious to you all, as it is the dry run of chapter 16x.

So first thing I notice is the bolting sage can double and ORKO Barth. Yeah, if you need any convincing that if you are not using them seriously that you should drop them by now, here's your proof unless you promote before level 20. I figured fine, I'll just replace them with Clarine and whoever else I can fit in.

The Bolting Sage OHKOs Clarine.

I'm facepalming right about now. I did find out though that despite Windam having humongous range with his staff, he only uses it once you clear the stairs. So I figured I would bait out staff uses that way (considering I basically had to run Bolting dry first). However, I foolishly didn't notice the sage with the Silence Staff, who's more than happy to move and doesn't care where you are. Yeah, don't bait Windam with Miledy when the silencer has 76 displayed on Saul with Silence.

Needless to say, I had to run for my fucking life. That's when I noticed. Douglas! I figured he'd tank her out, because fuck if I care if he lives (shush, he's not one of the ORIGINAL armors). I took his crap because a Silver Axe and Lance is pretty nice loot. To my surprise however, he survived Berserk Miledy till she calmed down. Doug for Top Tier. He take on Miledy, laughs at Sacae and doesn't afraid of anything.

So I figured I'm ready to go on, they have no one else left to piss me off. Oh, wait, forgot Windam has another berserk. Oh whatever, Saul can just restore and I can mo- *Berserks Saul, incapacitating my one healer at the time for 5 turns)............You douchebag. I had everyone on the platform and you target SAUL!?

Ragh! Fine, so THAT'S done with. Alright, I can finally move on, ANOTHER FUCKING BOLTER! All I wanted to do was go left! Fine, I'll run this guy out and heal-

Apparently if you take long enough, they'll just get tired of waiting for you to show up and slaughter them, so they charge you. This means the bolting mage will now move and inevitably target one of my inevitably star-missle wounded units, blasting them to smithereens.

*facedesk*

I am so boned, this map just trolled me. Note to self: Look before you leap.

I fail so hard

so, would it be a good time to tell you that I have this theory that "restore staff" paints a target on anyone wielding it for any enemies with berserk? Anyway, this is one of the reasons that one of my two robes is reserved for Clarine on my playthroughs. Of course, mine is a touch res-blessed and when I promote her I highly doubt that any bolting users will be able to OHKO her, ever. In fact, I think the boss of 14x doesn't even OHKO her now. 21 hp + 14 res. Nope, 34 mt fails to OHKO her.

so, would it be a good time to tell you that I have this theory that "restore staff" paints a target on anyone wielding it for any enemies with berserk?

It would be a terrible time to bring it up, Narga.

So after that long pause, I figured that there would be another time warp, and I would celebrate the return with this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMkOt6nVQlU

However, there was no time warp, but it still makes a nice soundtrack. Anyways, a huge post is coming up covering the chapters I've done while waiting.

Chapter 16x

Tooooo muuuuuch loooong raaaange.

This sucked because I really couldn’t use the armors here, I NEEDED a second healer. I decided to cure the problem of Clarine getting OHKOd by the bolting sage by using Barrier on her, which would help her avoid getting Silenced as well. It’s embaressing when you have to use Barrier on a unit with high resistance to not get fucked over royally. Oh well, they’re high enough level for the most part.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t get Miledy any levels here, she was stuck transporting Saul and Elphin. They saved my ass in the last stretch.

Thanks to them and a bit of support and Barding, I was able to breeze through the staffers and bolter sage. However, as I neared the top of the tower I noticed there were two bolter mages! Why two!? That’s just….wrong. There’s WAY too much long range on this map where there are those star missile things. I knew of the two purge bishops, but surprisingly they didn’t give me too much of a problem (only people who went right were Clarine and Rutger, the other moved out to get sniped by Bartre and Lance).

Oh, as if that weren’t enough on the shit sundae that is this map, one of the armors at top had a Horseslayer. Rather cruel considering the nature of the map.

Then finally, Windam. Windam is a great big douchebag. He berserks your healers (told you that silence avoidance came in handy!), he launches star missiles at you, he has every sniper magician he can find hold up in the tower, then he refused to die. Fir had 70 crit on him and 70 acc. She missed twice and failed to crit twice, so it took three combat phases from a SUPPORTED BLESSED FIR to finally slay him. Asshole. Glad you’re dead.

Let’s move on before this chapter infuriates me any longer.

Anecdote

One of my former runs, I was doing well. Roy ate a bolting, but I figured it was cool. Then a star missile hit him…

Turncount: 15

Levels

Name Lvl EXP HPs Str Skl Spd Lck Def Res
Roy   14   1  34   9  12  12  14   9   3 C Lillina B Allen B Lance
Fir    9  99  51  20  27  26  19  14   9 A Bartre
Bart   7  32  51  23  11  11  15  10   3 A Fir
Mil   17  42  40  20  18  19   8  16   4
Al     1  64  38  17  15  16  11  11   5 A Lance B Roy
Lance  1  85  37  14  17  20   7  13   6 A Allen B Roy
Saul   20  No one cares
Clar   15 29  22   5  10  19  18   2  11 B Rutger
Elph   11 11 This one goes to 11
Rutgr  11 67  49  17  26  27   5  13   8 B Clarine

Got Roy more levels, nowhere near enough to keep him too durable in Sacae, but enough to help him suck significantly less in Bern. Gotta love Rapiers.

Lol Fir.

C Rank Bows with Bartre achieved.

I am in love with the fact I managed to nab B Rutger Clarine. 10 crit evade helps him greatly, as does +1 Def. He still faces 3 crit, but it’s better than 8

Chapter 17

Now this is an easy map, and quite a breath of relief from the last one.

The forest here really does make the mages a joke to your mostly newly promoted units aside from perhaps Miledy who’s better off flying through the central mountains to take out wyverns. Only problem is that it stifles movement.

I had my armors go south, Barth horseslayed a couple of them in one shot, and had them take out javelins/triangle attack on nomad troopers save one who had a posse protecting him, which case Boris just whipped out some silver to make him play nice. The armors absolutely laughed their ass off at the nomads. Thanks to their supports, not one of them had displayed crit on any of them, and the worst they did was 5x2 damage when Barth wasn’t in support range (ok, they didn’t attack Wendy, but even she would have still laughed). They had a reeeeeaaaalll good time here.

Trained up Ashtor a bit at the arena to get me some extra money (he might have just got me a new pair of Boots), along with using the silver card to buy some silver weapons and get the Tina staff.

….Not really much to say about this chapter other than the bolting sage is annoying, but the forest and Barrier can fix that somewhat.

Turncount: 12, though with a bit smarter positioning of Roy and his rescue chains, I probably could have done it in 11 or 10 turns. Oh well, simple enough.

Levels

Roy   14   1  34   9  12  12  14   9   5 C Lillina B Lance B Allen
Fir   10  37  51  21  28  26  20  14   9 A Bartre
Bart   7  59  51  23  11  11  15  10   3 A Fir
Mil    1  10  46  22  22  22   8  18   6 
Al     2  38  38  17  15  17  11  11   5 A Lance B Roy
Lance  3  14  39  14  18  21   7  13   6 A Allen B Roy
Clar  16   1  23   5  10  19  19   2  11 B Rutger
Elph   8  13  Spoony Bard
Rutgr 11  93  49  17  26  27   5  13   8 B Clarine
Boris 19  64  35  12  12  10  11  20   1 A Wendy B Barth
Wendy 19  36  34  12  11   8  10  15   2 A Boris B Barth
Barth 19   2  35  14   9   7   3  18   1 B Boris B Wendy
Ash   13  34  27   8  10  17  11   7   3

I should just promote them now, but I think Wendy would appreciate the level more, Boris is close to another, and I wanna see what I can squelch out of Barth.

Miledy promotes to nearly max out several stats and become the most durable person on my team!

Lance got the boss kill after Fir smacked him up some with a killer edge.

Good thing about forests and the brave axe is that it allows Bartre to build up axe rank without wasting too many uses of it, if any. Thus why he didn’t gain much, but getting Armads is the next priority.

Rutger STILL didn’t get luck!!!

God, Fir is so nuts…

Chapter 18

CHAOS! UTTER MAD CHAOS! THEY’RE EVERYWHERE!

Luckily, most of my team is a bunch of hard-asses, and the shops here just HAPPEN to sell Libro staffs! Chance of death? 0. I couldn’t have lost if I wanted to.

Strange thing is, unless the unit is squishy like Roy or a healer or a dancer, the enemies will go for inaccurate units over someone like Rutger who can’t counter back. It’s a strange AI, but hey, if they’re stupid enough to attack Barth over him, then by all means. Speaking of which, this probably means that most units that would have an accurate counter like a bow would be one of the last things they would attack. Because of this, units like Bartre actually weren’t that big a deal.

Really, player phase offense works better. Luckily, I had my armors supported for some accurate hitting and since these guys bunch up together, I was free to do that along with triangle attack a specific unit, such as getting rid of a trooper in one go without counter or chance of missing. Swordmasters rip this place apart as well.

Miledy proc’d a speed, so I didn’t have to give her the body ring to double most nomads with a javy, and basically cleared out a lot of the place by herself, along with killer lancing quite a good number of them, along with ORKOing nomad troopers who walked in with a sword on her. She also was never going to die.

As for the boss, here’s what I did. Log of my units blocked the tents, just in case. Had Ashtor steal his Elixer (hey, I like ‘em), then Bartre moved in with support and Fir killed with a Killer crit and a hit after Allen and Lance rescued my thief. Went down at one phase, about 80 crit and 76 displayed so the chances of this fucking up are quite slim compared to some of the older bosses. Even so, you could have Elphin at the ready if you wanted.

The only real troublesome things here are the wyverns, and there aren’t even that many of them. Some of the myrms suck, but you should have no problem taking them out. I know I didn’t. Fir kung fu, Bartre snipe

This map is more intimidating than hard. Once you get over that, this map is a joke.

I laugh at Sacae.

Turncount: 8

Levels

Roy   14   4  34   9  12  12  14   9   5 C lillina B Lance B Allen
Fir   11  40  52  21  29  27  20  15   9 A Bartre
Bart   7  68  51  23  11  11  15  10   3 A Fir
Mil    4  44  48  24  22  23   9  19   7
Al     2  69  38  17  15  17  11  11   5 A Lance B Roy
Lance  3  59  39  14  18  21   7  13   6 A Allen B Roy
Rutgr 12  10  50  17  27  28   5  13   8 B Clarine
Boris  1  22  40  15  14  13  12  24   4 A Wendy B Barth
Wendy  1   9  39  16  14  12  10  18   6 A Boris B Barth
Barth  1   9  40  17  11  10   3  22   4 B Boris B Wendy
Shin  19  92  41  13  16  19  14   9   3

I just realized that my leveling of Roy ultimately might end up pointless, because he hasn’t grown a single point of strength since I first decided I needed to get him going again. He gained speed, but woop-dee-doo at this point.

I tried to get Shin a level, but I just barely missed. Oh well, he’ll promote next chapter, not that he’ll be very effective even afterwards. If he weren’t so speed screwed, I’d have promoted him earlier, but…Now I have to squelch him. Not that I’m suffering too badly without him.

In fact, Bartre being my secondary archer saw surprisingly little action as well, and the action he did see he happened to decide he wanted to miss all the time.

LolSwordmasters

Lance got a bit lucky here as he was able to double some rare very slow end myrms and nomads.

Ahhh, my Wendy is screwed in speed by 2 points. Wonderful.

My other armors at least are doing just dandy.

Chapter 19

This chapter is so much fun.

My strategy was simple. Have my armors distract the nomads at the front lawn while at the same time baiting the Sleeper, that way I could rush to the fortress to break the walls. Had Percival make a guest star appearance (really, you can whip him out anywhere and he’s always god) to help Shin break the left wall, everyone else went right, Saul with the left team and Clarine going right. One thing I noticed in a dry run was that once you broke a wall, the Silencer stops trying to silence people. Since he’s on the left side, he’s prime exp food for Shin or Perci.

Thing is though, I wanted this to be surgical in that they broke the walls at the same time. Thing is, I had Saul rescued for transport so I’d have healing on hand while at the same time he wouldn’t get silenced. Problem is, the sleeper went ahead and cast sleep on Percival, which delayed me a turn and had me have to break the right wall prematurely. Why is this a problem? Well…Everyone in the fort immediately goes to the right to attend the problem. This caused a humongous traffic jam, and racked up my turn count. Would have worked flawlessly if the sleeper had just wasted his last sleep on the third armor, and possibly saved me plenty of time. He didn’t even have 100 acc on him, he had 75, yet decided still that Percival needed a nap. Whatever.

That being said, the good thing about the armors here is that essentially they are invincible to the nomads, and with their newly aquired hand axes can counter back while getting WTA on the wyvern reinforcements. Speaking of which, that’s a way they can keep heat off your back, so if your plan went perfectly (unlike mine), they can make sure nothing’s tailing your main parties while they raid Bulgar. You have no idea how entertaining it is to see the armors brawl it out with so many units and basically come out unscathed, unable to die (well…Wendy could take a bit of damage, but damn if they could hit her with their 20 displayed). By the time I was done, the reinforcements were basically dead and 2 nomads were left charging stupidly at what had to be a field of corpses with just 3 iron giants standing within it.

Now, for the boss. Kel. Wow, 27 AS and 15 Luck. They really did want you to use Swordmasters here. Luckily, I had Fir with her dad and a killer edge. About 70s displayed, still ludicrously high crit. He crit her, she crit back, finish off with an iron sword. Took 1 turn, and I’d have a hard time believing he can be killed faster, not that it really matters. I suppose you could say the RNG decided not to gyp me this day…

So, a strategy that could have gone perfectly, but fucked up royally by one wayward sleep staff use. Pity.

Turncount: 14, could have gone faster if the sleeper targeted the people I wanted him to…

All treasures obtained.

Levels

Roy   14  37  34   9  12  12  14   9   5 C Lillina B Allen B Lance
Fir   12  83  52  22  29  27  20  16   9 A Bartre
Bart   8  53  51  24  11  12  15  11   3 A Fir
Mil    5  28  49  24  23  23   9  19   7
Al     3  63  39  18  16  18  11  11   5 A Lance B Roy
Lance  4  81  40  14  19  21   8  13   7 A Allen B Roy
Rutgr 12  49  50  17  27  28   5  13   8 B Clarine
Boris  2  40  41  15  15  14  12  24   4 A Wendy B Barth
Wendy  2  78  16  16  15  12  10  18   6 A Boris B Barth
Barth  2   2  41  17  11  10   3  22   4 B Boris B Wendy
Shin   2  65  47  17  18  21  14  12   7

Tried to let Roy use some Killer Edge to get possible crit kills. He failed all three times, the miserable little…

So, Fir has max Str and Skill, and is tougher than all my cavs. Lulz.

Everyone else is on a murder train aside from Shin he’s still getting screwed unfortunately.

Wendy too, her speed should be 2 points higher and another level screwed her over so now she’s 3 points under. I’m a sad panda.

RUTGER STILL HASN’T GOTTEN LUCK!!