A Cavalier Question

chococoke

There's a reason he's called "Barf-tray". Use Dorcas or Dart if you need an axe-user. Though I personally like to wait until Raven gets Hero'd and Oswin gets General'd, so those two plus Hector will be nightmares to any enemy that dares to wield a lance.

I actually like using Bartre because, although his base Spd sucks, he grows it fairly well, and he's usually blessed for me.

Urgh -_-

Would I be better off ditching my Bartre now and using base Dart instead?

If you don't mind the 5x promotion item, yes.

Also, are you using Rebecca? If you have and have been supporting her with Lowen, fill in the rest of her slots with Dart. FirexFire is awesome.

Also, are you using Rebecca? If you have and have been supporting her with Lowen, fill in the rest of her slots with Dart. FirexFire is awesome.

Unfortunately, I NEVER get any supports (other than the easy C ones...) I just don't put people next to each other often enough to support :(

The playthrough before this one is the only one I've ever used Rebecca, and although she turned out well, so I'm not using her. I just don't have the patience to give her kills again.

This is now less a "Cavalier Question" thread and more of a "Check Out Mah Unitz" thread. This is CH. 22, Kinship's Bond be te dub.

Lowen (18.92)

HP: 39

STR: 13

SKL: 12

SPD: 10

LCK: 10

DEF: 18

RES: 5

Defense is nice, good HP, though lacking offensively :(

Sain (15.36)

HP: 32

STR: 16

SKL: 9 (WITH a secret book...)

SPD: 14

LCK: 9

DEF: 8

RES: 2

Well, donno what to say about him really. Kinda alright, though the Skill thing is rather ridiculous.

Raven (13.08)

HP: 32

STR: 14

SKL: 16

SPD: 17

LCK: 6

DEF: 7

RES: 3

My Ravens always end up awesome :) He got HP, STR, SKL, and SPD on 3 straight level ups. Then, most recent level up he got only DEF. I'm liking him though.

and finally...

Barte (15.40)

HP: 39

STR: 16

SKL: 9

SPD: 8

LCK: 7

DEF: 7

RES: 4

Oh, Bartre. I thought I could trust you. Having never used a fighter before, I figured "well, what could go wrong with using Bartre? High Strength AND Speed growths?!?! AWESOME"

You hath failed me. After everything I've done for you. Whyyyyyyyy.....

Your Lowen is blessed in Def by 5 points, and also has +HP and +2 Str....if anything, he's turning out to be beastly, not bad. He's down in Spd by 1 whole point, boo hoo, and Skill by 2.

Since it's not HHM, you might have been better off using Sain, but that Def is too beastly.

I Agree with your use of Lowen beacause of how far you are in the game and how weak kent and sain are

Well, it's a moot point now. I've been using Lowen and Sain. Lowen is an absolute tank, whereas Sain is pretty impressive offensively (aside from SKL :/)

To be exact:

Lowen (level 8.05)

HP: 50 (+2.5)

STR: 17 (+1.5)

SKL: 15 (+1.5)

SPD: 14 (-1.5)

LCK: 17 (+1.5)

DEF: 24 (+5) :awesome:

RES: 10 (+1.5)

HELL YEAAAA

Sain (level 5.51)

HP: 42 (+2.6)

STR: 23 (+.2)

SKL: 9 (-4.05) -_-

SPD: 17 (+.8)

LCK: 13 (+.95)

DEF: 12 (-.6)

RES: 7 (+1.4)

Ehhh....

At least your Bartre is gaining speed... I gave him the Afa drops, and chose Thunder as my profile thingy, he gained NO speed until he promoted. However, Bartre also decided that he was a Knight, gaining STR/DEF/HP almost every level. 19 STR/16 DEF/3 SPD...

Your Lowen seems to be blessed mostly in HP and Def the two things that a blessing is not needed much. Str, Spd and Res could use the blessing (which they've gained a bit too).

Speed Screwed Bartre sucks for you. Really if you were a bit earlier in the game I would've suggested using Dart instead. His time of joining makes that BArtre should be higher level if you use him but Dart is pretty unscrewable on Hp,Str and Spd.

Your Lowen seems to be blessed mostly in HP and Def the two things that a blessing is not needed much. Str, Spd and Res could use the blessing (which they've gained a bit too).

Speed Screwed Bartre sucks for you. Really if you were a bit earlier in the game I would've suggested using Dart instead. His time of joining makes that BArtre should be higher level if you use him but Dart is pretty unscrewable on Hp,Str and Spd.

I already gave up on Bartre. I also didn't use Dart, either.

Geitz is now my man for primary axe using. Harken and Raven can help out.

I hate to say this as a Kent-hater, but Kent is arguably more useful.

Lowen is so prone to RNG-blessing. Mine had a perfect level up and 9 Res at LV 20 Cavalier. AND I WAS ON CHAPTER 16X, AKA NO TALISMANS.(Fine, I AA'ed. but thats not the point)

(randomness: I ditched him for Sain. Yes. THIS VERY LOWEN who has 9 RES AT LV 20 CAVALIER.)

Edited by Fin

In all my playthroughs, Lowen was only good to me once. I remember one PT where he didn't get single STR gain for 10 levels. Plenty of HP, LUCK, and SKL, though. ¬_¬

Honestly, I was pretty lucky with him maxing speed really early on. This was the first time I'd ever seriously used him. Still ditched him for the final chapter, though. 15 SPD...