FE Pairings

PenandPaper71

So, I figured that I'd try restarting this topic since I enjoyed a lot of the discussions that occurred in the last one (And I apologize profusely for posting again in the other one. I hadn't realized that it had been too long since the last post in that thread. I am so sorry for that. I hope that no one is too angry with me :().

I guess that I'll begin with a recap of my own favorites to try to get things started.

FE1/3/11

Marth/Caeda

Cain/Catria

Elice/Cain

Palla/Abel

Linde/Merric

Navarre/Feena (which has started growing on me more recently)

FE2

Alm/Cellica

May/Boey

Jenny/Saber

Zeke/Teeta (sort of)

FE6

Roy/Lilina

Roy/Sofia

Tate/Alan

Sofia/Ray

Cecilia/Percival

FE7

Fiora/Kent

Lyn/Kent

Hector/Florina

Hector/Lyn (on and off)

Eliwood/Ninian

Pent/Louise

FE8

Seth/Eirika

Innes/Eirika

Vanessa/Forde

Syrene/Kyle

Ephraim/L'Arachel

Franz/Amelia

Lute/Artur

Edited by Spring

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FE 1/2/3/11

Marth/Sheeda

Chainey/Marth

Marth/Maria

Oguma/Sheeda

Kashim/Sheeda

Everyone/Sheeda

Cain/Abel

Alm/Sheeda (Because why not.)

Ruka/Alm

Grey/Byrd

Merric/Lance to the eye

Etzel/his wife (most likely Sheeda)

FE 4/5

Jamuka/Aira

Beowulf/Lachesis

Azel/Tiltyu

Amid/Femina

Linda/Tinny

Hawk/Arthur

Arthur/Phee

Corple/Leen

Finn/Jeanne

Shannan/Oifaye

Othin/Tanya

Pahn/Tina

Leaf/Sara

FE 6/7

Dieck/Thany

Saul/Dorothy

Clarine/Dorothy

Shin/Dorothy

Elphin/Klein

Kent/Lyn

Sain/Lyn (Why.)

Eliwood/Lyn (I love canon screw. That's why.)

Hector/Serra (Because why not. No seriously, why not.)

Karel/Eliwood (6 & 7)

FE 8

Ephraim/L'Arachel

Valter/Ephraim

Valter/Seth

Valter/Anyone

Ephraim/Innes

Duessel/Ephraim (blame fanart)

Ephraim/Myrrh

Eirika/Innes

Eirika/L'Arachel

Eirika/Saleh

Kyle/Lute

Ross/Lute (I DON'T KNOW WHY)

Huh. Yeah, I'm really okay with a lot of pairings in Sacred Stones.

FE 9/10

Ike/Soren (We have a love/hate relationship, me and this pairing.)

Stefan/Soren (less accepted in the yaoi community than you would expect)

Boyd/Mist

Rolf/Marcia <3

Rolf/Rhys (In Soviet Tellius, little boy rapes priest.)

no boobs!Mia/Rhys

boobs!Mia/Rhys

Zihark/Meg

I remembered a few. The rest were probably unimportant.

I shall always edit this post. ALWAYS.

Edited by Reverse Trap

Boyd/Mist.

THERE I SAID IT.

For Narga's inevitable response: it's not creepy. It's cute. :(

EDIT: On the more awesome side of things, Tibarn/Laura.

Edited by Integrity

LutexArthur FTW!!!

also, did anyone ever think about ElinciaxTibarn?

also, ElinciaxGeoffrey, NeasalaxLeanne and BoydxMist just belong together~

Edited by whase

Rutger x Dieck Clarine is the coolest pairing in the history of FE.

Other pairings:

FE6: Cecilia x anyone (Roy/Percy), Sophia/Ray

FE7: Geitz x Geitz because Geitz is hot :awesome: No, seriously, I don't like FE7 pairings.

FE8: Seth x Eirika

FE9/10: Geoffrey x Elincia, Kyza x Lyre (I'm serious)

I have a weird taste, I think.

Boyd/Mist.

THERE I SAID IT.

For Narga's inevitable response: it's not creepy. It's cute. :(

EDIT: On the more awesome side of things, Tibarn/Laura.

Cradlerobbing is cute? To each his own, I guess.

LutexArthur FTW!!!

also, did anyone ever think about ElinciaxTibarn?

also, ElinciaxGeoffrey, NeasalaxLeanne and BoydxMist just belong together~

I'm okay with Tibarn x Laura or Elincia, aside from how they'd have to make sure no children are created. You do all realize that if a child were to spawn from either of those pairings that Tibarn would lose his ability to become a hawk. How cool would he be, then?

And Elincia x Geoffrey is a one-sided love. Elincia merely respects him, she doesn't love him "that way", though Geoffrey obviously does because he is completely gaga over her. He's like a schoolgirl with a crush.

Naesala x Leanne is creepy, too, though I suppose Leanne is probably plenty old herself. It just seems to me that he is way older than her and probably knew her when she was a baby. He may have even babysat or something. And if little heron children use diapers he may have even changed hers. Can you imagine how creepy it must be to marry someone that used to change your diapers? I mean, it's like she's marrying her grandfather or uncle or something.

Boyd x Mist is creepy and he stole her from his little brother. How nice a brother is he to steal his little brother's girl? Maybe I wouldn't have minded if Mist x Rolf was also a special ending, but the fact that it isn't just makes Boyd x Mist all the worse.

Cradlerobbing is cute? To each his own, I guess.

I don't think teh age difference is that big, only a few years.

Naesala x Leanne is creepy, too, though I suppose Leanne is probably plenty old herself. It just seems to me that he is way older than her and probably knew her when she was a baby. He may have even babysat or something. And if little heron children use diapers he may have even changed hers. Can you imagine how creepy it must be to marry someone that used to change your diapers? I mean, it's like she's marrying her grandfather or uncle or something.

Actually, I believe he did babysit.

Boyd x Mist is creepy and he stole her from his little brother. How nice a brother is he to steal his little brother's girl? Maybe I wouldn't have minded if Mist x Rolf was also a special ending, but the fact that it isn't just makes Boyd x Mist all the worse.

Rofl doesn't deserve anyone for his performance in FE9.

Anyway, my favourite pairing is probably Titania x Shinon, as it seems quite plausable IMO. I think Titania's the only GM that Shinon doesn't despise (excluding Gatrie and Rofl, of course).

And Elincia x Geoffrey is a one-sided love. Elincia merely respects him, she doesn't love him "that way", though Geoffrey obviously does because he is completely gaga over her. He's like a schoolgirl with a crush.

Marriage? I'm not buying the "political reasons" either, since it would be a lot more sound politically to marry some other sort of noble. It's probably a little scandalous to marry the guy you grew up with, but she did it anyway, presumably because she does actually love Geoffrey.

FE lines are pretty vague in discerning feelings, but here's one for you. And it's even from PoR, which is the only thing IkexElincia shippers like to use.

Elincia: I'm sure I'll keep causing you troubles...but please...never leave my side, Geoffrey.

This is pretty much the standard "Let's be together forever" line that appears at the A support of most FE romantic couples. And lo and behold, they have a paired ending!

Meh laguz kind of have an elf thing going on, in the sense that they live so long that age differences really become irrelevant IMO.

Cockblocking Rolf was kind of a jerk move by Boyd, I'll give you that one.

Edited by -Cynthia-

This is pretty much the standard "Let's be together forever" line that appears at the A support of most FE romantic couples. And lo and behold, they have a paired ending!

Let's not turn this into another Geoffrey vs Ike argument, hmm? There's evidence for both sides, leave it at that.

Cockblocking Rolf was kind of a jerk move by Boyd, I'll give you that one.

Leaves Rolf/Marcia open :awesome:

At most she may love Geoffrey a little but loves Ike more. She's pretty desperate about either of them dying, but when she "dies" she only mentions either her father or Ike. She's pretty broken up about Geoffrey dying, though, I'll give you that. But she doesn't like Ike dying much either.

Anyway, at times she kinda forgets Ike's existence when people from her past appear. I don't really see that as not loving Ike, though. I just see that as her losing focus. She remembers the past and liked living in it more than the "now" and so she doesn't want them to die because they are ties to that better life. And she tends to forget Geffrey/Ike when Ike/Geoffrey are dying, so her "Geoffrey... Geoffrey! ...You mustn't die... I'll be all alone... Please... Geoffrey..." doesn't mean she loves Geoffrey more than Ike. If anything, she seems to be a more "in the moment" woman and whichever of her two favourite men are next to her are the one she likes more at the time.

Ike dying:

"Chapter 10

Ike: Elincia... Retreat...now...

Elincia: Sir Ike! No, please! Don't leave me!"

The "don't leave me" seems to show that he has some importance, hence she won't be all alone if Geoffrey dies. But when Geoffrey dies she seems afraid to be alone. In other words, I think she has a really short-term memory and only remembers what is in front of her face. But she doesn't have any "Oh Geoffrey" going on when she dies, but she does have "My noble Ike" and "Sir Ike" as she is dying or "dying". Of course, in both situations he's right in front of her face so it doesn't necessarily prove that she likes him more, but it does tie into my "Elincia has the shortest memory ever" theory.

As for "never leave my side, Geoffrey", that doesn't have to be romantic. It can be, but it doesn't really need to be. BFF? She feels pretty strongly towards Lucia and Bastian in fe9 if I am remembering correctly.

And if you must pair Shinon then I definitely agree Titania x Shinon is his best bet. Not sure how much she likes him back, but she doesn't really like any of the others "that way" and probably thinks of Ike like a son more than a man.

And since this is a pairing topic, Ike vs. Geoffrey for Elincia's affections is actually fair game so I can't really say "Stop" or call it off-topic or anything. If people want to continue the discussion then I can't stop it. May as well participate, then. But there is definitely evidence to both sides. If my "forgetful Elincia" theory is correct, then all Geoffrey really had to do is ask Elincia to marry him when Ike was busy saving someone and she'd say "oh yes, I don't have anybody else". If Ike had asked when Geoffrey was off moping for her somewhere then I'm sure she'd have been all "My noble Ike, of course I'll marry you. Who else could I marry?".

Ike is too busy running around with Ranulf to care much about Elincia, if you know what i mean

Curse the no image macros in forums rule!

:awesome:

also, I'm rather fond of KieranXMarcia, I'm actually surprised they didn't give them an official paired ending

Edited by Champion Cynthia

I have been pairing BoydxMist the moment I saw that they could support in FE9. It's just too cute. ^_^ And Rofl's a complete failure that doesn't even deserve any pairing. At all. Not even with some generic loser villager.

PattyxSkasaha

ShannanxShannan

RoshexKatua

BoydxMist

FinxLachesis

AbelxEst

FredxOlwen

In order.

Edited by Swordsalmon

I'm rather fond of KieranXMarcia, I'm actually surprised they didn't give them an official paired ending

Part of the problem might be that Kieran and Marcia have absolutely no interaction in RD. I like them too though. I guess that leaves Rolf all alone, but he's weak and has an annoying voice.

My main problem was Narga saying that Elincia definitively doesn't love Geoffrey, which I thought was a pretty difficult position to support. Short-term memory loss is...an interesting theory at best. I think the best explanation is that Elincia got over her crush on Ike when he spent years doing his mercenary thing while she was at court. Ike is gone, Geoffrey's there, she realizes she has feelings for Geoffrey, paired ending follows.

or perhaps she just accepted the fact that Ike really would never be interested in her in that way, and settled for the next best thing

hey, hardly anyone married because they loved each other back in the day

or perhaps she just accepted the fact that Ike really would never be interested in her in that way, and settled for the next best thing

I'll agree that Ike seems to have a significant lack of romantic interest in Elincia. Really the person he gets most intimate with is Soren, and that's not very clearly romantic IMO.

hey, hardly anyone married because they loved each other back in the day

True, but this doesn't really hold true in FE terms, since it's pseudo medieval. I can't think of a political marriage in FE (maybe there's one in 4?), they all seem to be romantic.

I'll repost mine and add more. (Note: Not in order.)

FE1/3/DS:

Marth X Caeda

Cain X Catria

Merric X Elice

FE7:

Eliwood X Ninian

Hector X Lyn

Kent X Fiora

Dart X Farina

Rebecca X Wil

Nino X Jaffar

Pent X Louise

Bartre X Karla

Heath X Priscilla

FE6:

Roy X Lilina

Tate X Klein

Rutger X Clarine

Fir X Noah

Ray X Sophia

Percival X Cecilia

FE4 Part I:

Lex X Ayra

Azel X Tiltyu

Midir X Edin

Fury X Levin

Sylvia X Claude

Lachesis X Beowulf/Finn

Cuan X Ethlin

Sigurd X Dierdre

FE4 Part II:

Lakche X Johan

Shanan X Patty

Sakasher X Lana

Sety X Tinny

Alex X Lynn

Celice X Julia

Leif X Nanna

I might or might not put more up later.

Edited by Little Al

I'll agree that Ike seems to have a significant lack of romantic interest in Elincia. Really the person he gets most intimate with is Soren, and that's not very clearly romantic IMO.

True, but this doesn't really hold true in FE terms, since it's pseudo medieval. I can't think of a political marriage in FE (maybe there's one in 4?), they all seem to be romantic.

Nyna would like a word with you

[spoiler=Book 2]

a political marriage was what FE3 Book 2 was all about!

wasn't Nyna supposedly interested in Marth, but since she's such good friends with Sheeda she decided to marry Hardin instead?

Edited by Speedwagon

[spoiler=Nyna's love interests]

Nyna was most interested in Camus. Since Camus was thought to be dead, Nyna was given the choice between Marth and Hardin and picked Hardin due to reasons stated above. Sadly for Hardin, she could never love him like she loved Camus or could love Marth which leads to him being vulnerable for Garnef to take advantage of.

Edited by Speedwagon

Uh, why make a new thread when mine got revived? Eh, oh well. I'm with Narga all the way on Ike/Elincia. They were perfect and it always looked like to me that they belonged together. I still believe it too, even if IS put Elincia with Geoffrey at the end of RD. I also say boo to Geoffrey. He wasn't all that cool. Ike is better than him in every way. He's got better looks, better strength and skill, better everything. Now see how I can love Ike as much as I do? :P

As for all my preferred pairings:

FE9/10:

- Ike/Elincia <3

- Kieran/Marcia <3

- Oscar/Tanith

- Boyd/Mia (really, I think they look good together and I don't want to leave Boyd alone since I prefer Mist with Rolf)

- Rolf/Mist

- Rhys/Titania

- Geoffrey/Sigrun or Nephenee

- Ranulf/Lethe or Lyre

- Kyza/Lethe or Lyre

- Renning/Lucia

- Haar/Jill

FE7:

- Eliwood/Lyn

- Kent/Lyn

- Sain/Florina or Fiora

FE8:

- Seth/Eirika

- Ephraim/Tana

That's all for now. :3

Edited by Eternal Bond

Uh, why make a new thread when mine got revived?

sorry, other one had to be closed due to the necro rule. It was over a month between posts.

I'm with Narga all the way on Ike/Elincia. They were perfect and it always looked like to me that they belonged together. I still believe it too, even if IS put Elincia with Geoffrey at the end of RD. I also say boo to Geoffrey. He wasn't all that cool. Ike is better than him in every way. He's got better looks, better strength and skill, better everything. Now see how I can love Ike as much as I do? :P

Always glad for your support with Ike/Elincia. You've thought about it much more than I have, that's for sure.

Yes, I've done much research and a lot of homework on the matter and I concluded that Geoffrey may love Elincia romantically, but at most, Elincia only thinks of him as a brother figure and one of her loyal soldiers. Geoffrey may also only think of her as a sister, but at most, I do think he's in love with her. But Elincia, nah. From analyzing scenes and dialogue with her and Ike in both FE9 and 10, it's clear to me that she's in love with him, maybe head over heels (which is how I describe her love for him in my fanfiction, hee hee).

As for Ike's side of the bargain, as I've told people many times, I think he loves her back, he only makes it less obvious. I've added a new reason why Ike might try to hide his feelings or at least make them less obvious and that's Aimee. She's the first girl Ike knows for sure loves him, and he avoids her like heck, so that may tempt him to avoid more women as well (explaining why he seems to show no interest in any women), plus it wouldn't be pretty for Elincia and Aimee to fight if both find out one another loves Ike. And as caring as Ike is about people, he definitely wouldn't want to see two women fighting over him.

And my other reasoning for Ike keeping low about his feelings is that he doesn't quite understand them as well as Elincia might. He hardly knows a mother's love, let alone romantic love since he doesn't remember his mother well, so how could he possibly be confident of himself in this matter?

Oh, and there is, of course, their bloodlines. Ike and Elincia may not care themselves where they were born, but the common folk and nobles might, which would stir up trouble if their love was made public enough. This would further influence Ike to renounce his peerage after PoR, and Elincia to possibly be "forced" into marrying her next best choice, Geoffrey, once the rumors about them kick in. Then, the rumors reach Ike, giving him a good reason to want to run away from Tellius forever. Exploring unknown lands could just be a mere excuse, albeit a good one.

Really, all this is pretty simple if you pay attention. It all connects and I've had to replay events in both games to come up with all of this and fit the pieces together.