FE Pairings

PenandPaper71

Well, if she's a princess, there'd be plenty of other people as well as the pressure to be "proper" that would probably affect her more than her own father, especially with him being the head of Lycia.

Yeah, she was probably raised more by maids than her father. He'd be busy. And all of them would try to instruct her in being a "proper lady". If her mother hadn't died early then I'm sure she'd be more impressive.

I'm still kind of annoyed at these games for not having separate str and mag stats in order to enable Mage Knights and Mage Fighters. Cecilia, for example, should've had swords. But I suppose that might've cost her staves and that would be bad.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cecilia's C rank isn't all that great when you have Clarine to make up to it as well as other two healers, but since her Mag/Res is pretty low in relation to other magic users that aren't Hugh, swords would be alright.

Cecilia's C rank isn't all that great when you have Clarine to make up to it as well as other two healers, but since her Mag/Res is pretty low in relation to other magic users that aren't Hugh, swords would be alright.

I'd probably never actually use them. I just like the combination of swords and magic. Plus I think she had a sword in the manga, though I could be mistaken. I know that princess girl was practically a Mage Fighter from fe4 because she had swords + magic + staves, though I think she used Light not Anima.

And Cecilia's C rank can be good if you weren't raising Ellen/saul. saul starts with C rank but would have lower stats and 3 less move if you weren't using him seriously. Ellen may not even have C if you dropped her when saul appeared. And saul has horrid luck making him much more vulnerable than Clarine or Cecilia if you need to let them take a shot from, well, anything, really. Clarine is actually pretty good filler until Niime and Yodel appear. C is all you need for Restore, anyway.

on-topic: Cecilia x Roy. Assuming she's as old as most Generals would be, it's about like Titania x Ike or something. Probably worse than Boyd x Mist, anyway.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

on-topic: Cecilia x Roy. Assuming she's as old as most Generals would be, it's about like Titania x Ike or something. Probably worse than Boyd x Mist, anyway.

graaah. Boyd isn't that old. :(

Otherwise, analogy correct.

Edited by Integrity

Cecilia x Roy. Assuming she's as old as most Generals would be, it's about like Titania x Ike or something. Probably worse than Boyd x Mist, anyway.

Cecilia is in her 20s...although Roy has better options, both, effeciently and just...what goes "right", he'd prefer to get a girl his age.

graaah. Boyd isn't that old. :(

Otherwise, analogy correct.

That's true, he could be 22-24 in RD, and it's not like they NEED to marry right away after the way, maybe they waited a few years.

That's true, he could be 22-24 in RD, and it's not like they NEED to marry right away after the way, maybe they waited a few years.

Call me crazy, but Boyd can't even be 18 in PoR. Ike's 17 and Boyd looks, if anything, younger than him.

Call me crazy, but Boyd can't even be 18 in PoR. Ike's 17 and Boyd looks, if anything, younger than him.

in FE9 Boyd was allowed to fight from the beginning.

Ike wasn't allowed cause he was too young and inexperienced.

Boyd is more than likely older than Ike.

Sure, it's not creepy...

Stopped right there because the pairing in question (Hector X Florina) is creepy no matter how you look at it. I mean, the girl looks like she's 12. Hector is about like what? 18? 19? How is a 12-year-old hooking up with an 18-year-old not creepy? Edited by Little Al

Stopped right there because the pairing in question (Hector X Florina) is creepy no matter how you look at it. I mean, the girl looks like she's 12. Hector is about like what? 18? 19? How is a 12-year-old hooking up with an 18-year-old not creepy?

in the middle ages, there was no such thing as teenagers.

it was child child child child puberty adult.

it was perfectly natural for older men to marry younger women.

Stopped right there because the pairing in question (Hector X Florina) is creepy no matter how you look at it. I mean, the girl looks like she's 12. Hector is about like what? 18? 19? How is a 12-year-old hooking up with an 18-year-old not creepy?

Florina must be at least 15, NOT 12, her mug might make her look 12, but certaily her fanart makes her look older, especially if you look at her body. (Not to be perverted or anything...)[/font]

Err... I'm pretty sure Florina is Lyn's age which about 15 or 16 years while Hector is Eliwood's age which is about 17 years.

The only problem I see people having is that they prefer their favorite pairing and/or Hector obviously being larger than Florina making her seem much younger.

*is tempted to make an immature joke about Hector's "CON" and Florina*

...I have to echo Little Al's statements. Regardless of actual age, Florina looks 12. And don't go by fanart. Fanart tends to...exaggerate...things...

As for Boyd's age. I always saw him as 18 in PoR. He didn't seem like he was active that long before Ike. So that'd make him 21-22, to match Mist's 17-18 in RD. Not that bad. Still hate it though (he calls her "kid" >_<) I give him credit for waiting until Ike left to explore new worlds, otherwise I'm sure Ike would have made a eunuch out of 'im. >:)

Edited by El Rey León

in FE9 Boyd was allowed to fight from the beginning.

Ike wasn't allowed cause he was too young and inexperienced.

Boyd is more than likely older than Ike.

I really don't think that Boyd can be older then Ike.

"Yeah. I mean, Boyd's already out there on the battlefield. I'm ready. I'm tired of being a trainee."

If Boyd was older then this is a nothing argument because all Greil has to say is "But he's older then you. Now back to training." He doesn't. His response is "You've got a point, Ike... All right. Tomorrow will be your first day as a full-fledged mercenary." I always read that as Ike being exasperated with his father because he was being overprotective of his son, but maybe that was just me.

And Mist always struck me as being a couple years older then Rolf, although I've never seen a definite age (10s is the best I've seen). In the kidnapping scene in PoR, Mist always strikes me as being rather mature (Much more so then Rolf, who is in tears). She takes over cooking for the entire mercenary troop (Not just her family, but everyone), which seems like an awful lot of responsibility for a young child. I always placed her at like thirteen or fourteen and Boyd at seventeen (at the most) personally, in Path of Radiance. I don't have much of an opinion on that pairing though, since I'm still working on Path of Radiance).

As for Florina, the only thing I've ever see that looked even mildly official put her in the "10s" like both of her sisters. Based on her looks, behavior, and speech patterns, I always put her close to Lyn's age, but I can't speak much to that as that as that's just conjecture on my part. Without an official age, she could be anything within that range.

Edited for a typo. Sorry!

Edited by Spring

...I have to echo Little Al's statements. Regardless of actual age, Florina looks 12. And don't go by fanart. Fanart tends to...exaggerate...things...

I didn't mention any fanart, I said she looked young in her portrait, yet, she actually looks like a teen in her OA.

I really don't think that Boyd can be older then Ike.

"Yeah. I mean, Boyd's already out there on the battlefield. I'm ready. I'm tired of being a trainee."

If Boyd was older then this is a nothing argument because all Greil has to say is "But he's older then you. Now back to training." He doesn't. His response is "You've got a point, Ike... All right. Tomorrow will be your first day as a full-fledged mercenary." I always read that as Ike being exasperated with his father because he was being overprotective of his son, but maybe that was just me.

or maybe Ike was just commenting that since they are both about the same age, it really doesn't make sense for Boyd to be fighting and not Ike.

the point is, they have to be around the same age, and my bets are that Boyd is somewhat older (but not by much). and remember that Greil really cherished the Greil Mercenaries, I highly doubt that he would let some little kid fight just because he wanted to. Which is why i'm more inclined to say that they have to be about the same age. And also, they were rivals (or at least somewhat), which further suggests that they grew up together and are about the same age.

his 'exasperation' was because his father was being overprotective, but that really doesn't mean much when it comes to deciding who is older. Boyd having joined the mercenaries a little bit before Ike is perfect grounds for Ike to feel frustration if they're both around the same age, and especially if they have about the same fighting ability.

EDIT: this post was really repetitive and redundant

Edited by Champion Cynthia

Guys, about this age thing, remember people can look older or younger than they really are. I'd say Ike is a perfect example of this. His RD self that is. I thought he was 23-24 in that game, but I heard somewhere that he's just 20. And even while I assumed RD Ike was older than that, I still thought he looked older than 23-24. He really matured a lot over the span of just three years! ._.

They changed Lyn's age to 18 in the NA version for a reason, that reason being her being 18 is a HELL of a lot easier to believe than 15. And Florina is around the same age (and frankly the logic should apply to her as well). So it's pretty much legal.

There's looking older and younger than you actually are, yes, but are you really going to tell me she's 14? IS has a really bad track record with being consistent with ages.

And the same source says she's 15.

Edited by Detective Badd

I'm not disputing Boyd and Ike might be the same age. In fact, I find that highly likely (although Ike's annoyance makes even more sense if Boyd is younger). I just find it unlikely that Boyd is older then Ike. His behavior and maturity level seems on level with Ike, plus Ike's comment makes little sense if Boyd's older then he is because the answer to why Boyd is fighting and Ike is not yet is obvious (And I doubt that the argument would have had much of an effect on the already overprotective Greil if Boyd had been older). Like I mentioned, I usually put Boyd around seventeen (with him falling on the younger side if he isn't quite seventeen). That's all conjecture of course, but it's the only thing that makes sense to me.

Edited for clarification.

Edited by Spring

Aren't Ike and Boyd the same age?

That would mean Boyd is 17 or 18 and Mist is around 14 or 15.

Only problem I see is the same situation as HectorxFlorina.

well maturity levels are hardly indicative of age, and i'm a perfect example.

and perfect example in-game is Sanaki. yeah, she may be a douchebag at times, but her maturity and intellect really surpasses even most of the adult characters. and pretty much any character acts much more maturely than Makalov.

and i never really saw any annoyance from Ike in regards to Boyd. In fact, i saw it much more of a 'bromance' type of thing, but that may be just me. it's the type of exchange that I would expect to see between two very close guy friends.

GUY ONE: GWARR I'M BADASS!

GUY TWO: NO YOU SUCK!

GUY ONE: GWARR! NO YOU!

GUY TWO: LOL!

GUY ONE: LOL!

Edited by Champion Cynthia

I always saw Ike and Boyd as rivals, even in RD. Both are definitely close to the same age, both are close in skill level (as hinted by Greil), both have argued with one another too, both are muscleheads, and they even both use axes in RD. I always like portraying them sharing a rivalry, be it bitter or friendly when I include them in a fanfiction.