FE Pairings

PenandPaper71

well maturity levels are hardly indicative of age, and i'm a perfect example.

and perfect example in-game is Sanaki. yeah, she may be a douchebag at times, but her maturity and intellect really surpasses even most of the adult characters. and pretty much any character acts much more maturely than Makalov.

Perhaps, but without anything indicating that Boyd is not acting his age (which I recall that we get a bit of with the other characters), I'd say that we can probably utilize this aspect to work out his age, although, in the end, without an official statement, it's just conjecture. But you and I seem to be agreeing as far as actual age goes. Boyd is likely around Ike's age.

and i never really saw any annoyance from Ike in regards of Boyd. In fact, i saw it much more of a 'bromance' type of thing, but that may be just me. it's the type of exchange that I would expect to see between two very close guy friends.

I see I didn't get my point across properly. I apologize. It's late. I'll try to do better though. ^_^

The "annoyance" I referenced was not aimed at Boyd in the game (Because, indeed, I agree that they come off as being pretty close), but at Greil for his overprotectiveness. Exasperation is probably a better word though, since I'm not sure it was annoyance as much as frustration.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps, but without anything indicating that Boyd is not acting his age (which I recall that we get a bit of with the other characters), I'd say that we can probably utilize this aspect to work out his age, although, in the end, without an official statement, it's just conjecture. But you and I seem to be agreeing as far as actual age goes. Boyd is likely around Ike's age.

I see I didn't get my point across properly. I apologize. It's late. I'll try to do better though. ^_^

The "annoyance" I referenced was not aimed at Boyd in the game (Because, indeed, I agree that they come off as being pretty close), but at Greil for his overprotectiveness. Exasperation is probably a better word though, since I'm not sure it was annoyance as much as frustration.

well, in the end, Mist hooked up with someone about the age of her older brother, and that's the important thing in this topic i believe? lol!

and i probably just misread your post, i have a habit of trying to read too fast, and i admit i just skimmed through your post.

Edited by Champion Cynthia

well, in the end, Mist hooked up with someone about the age of her older brother.

and i probably just misread your post, i have a habit of trying to read too fast, and i admit i just skimmed through your post.

Is that really so unusual? Are Ike and Mist really that far apart in age that dating someone close to her brother's age is taboo, especially considering that Ike appears to have been pretty young when their mother died and Mist had been born by that time or Elena wouldn't be mother to both of Greil's children? I could see it conceivably being an issue if she's actually ten in Path of Radiance (Which appears to be the youngest age possible for her and I personally highly doubt that she's that young), but she's awfully mature and composed for ten. In real life, five or six year differences seem to be fairly common, although there are plenty of relationships where there is less distance. Still, if the personalities match, why not? Age differences only really start to bother me personally when it starts ranging with eight year differences and above (And if the characters' personalities really seem to work, I've been known to make exceptions).

But to each their own. I personally think that describing their relationship as "cradle-robbing" (which I'd personally rate as ten years and above) or indicating that the age makes it inappropriate is, perhaps, pushing it a bit, but that doesn't much matter. Everyone has their own "squick" lines and my opinion is irrelevant. Mine, for example, appear fairly quickly at the mere mention of incest. Even pseudo-incest tends to make me cringe. I know plenty of people who think I'm pretty silly on that issue, but I can't change how I feel.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why I'm defending this pairing. O_O I don't much care about the pairings from these two game as of yet.

Edited for clarification.

Edited by Spring

what? i've been defending BoydXMist ever since i found out that it happened

i don't think the age difference is particularly bad, especially considering that Fire Emblem is based on a medieval society, and those types of marriages were actually quite commonplace back then.

what? i've been defending BoydXMist ever since i found out that it happened

Oh my. Have we really been going back and forth, while defending the same pairing? I find that rather amusing. ^_^

Either way, that was fun. I like to debate, so thank you.

I don't get what people see in Ike/Mia. Mia seems to think of Ike as more of a role model than a love interest while Ike has shown absolutely no interest in her at all. He even seems reluctant to even spar with her, though that may just because he's uber epic when it comes to sword skills while Mia is probably at a much lower skill level. I also think they just look plain odd together. Mia's pretty small and probably at least a few years younger while Ike is a big bulky musclehead that's probably at least 6 feet tall in RD.

If I had to pair Ike with someone else besides Elincia, he'd end up with an OC. Because I don't think any of the other female characters would work well with him or interact with him enough. Especially Aimee, of course.

I don't get what people see in Ike/Mia. Mia seems to think of Ike as more of a role model than a love interest while Ike has shown absolutely no interest in her at all. He even seems reluctant to even spar with her, though that may just because he's uber epic when it comes to sword skills while Mia is probably at a much lower skill level. I also think they just look plain odd together. Mia's pretty small and probably at least a few years younger while Ike is a big bulky musclehead that's probably at least 6 feet tall in RD.

If I had to pair Ike with someone else besides Elincia, he'd end up with an OC. Because I don't think any of the other female characters would work well with him or interact with him enough. Especially Aimee, of course.

I'm not really sure why people like that pairing. Now, it happens to be the most efficient pairing in fe10, but that's no reason to think of it in a romantic kind of way.

It's probably sex appeal (and that they have one of the few non-generic supports).

Don't see anything wrong with it. The basic premise is there, you just really have to stretch it. Of course, I'm in the crack pairing mentality, so I ship a lot of pairings based off of just sex appeal that have even less of a basis than Ike/Mia.

I'm not really sure why people like that pairing. Now, it happens to be the most efficient pairing in fe10, but that's no reason to think of it in a romantic kind of way.

Yeah, I agree. As I've always believed, I think Elincia is the only girl Ike showed any romantic interest in at all in either game, if even a little. Other characters can even sense Ike's feelings too, like Ranulf (and we know he's got a good intellect from figuring out who the Black Knight is, so he may just be on to something when he's like "isn't this a romantic setting!" when barging in on Ike and Elincia in PoR) and Shinon (although drunk at the time, he's likely spot on when he says "yer in love with a pwetty wittle princess" to Ike late in the game). And how does Ike react to these characters hinting that they think he's in love? He practically doesn't react at all. In fact, during the Shinon conversation, Ike quickly changes the subject. That's what made me think "ooh hoo hoo, maybe Shinon's right and Ike is trying to hide it!" :P

If Ike really had no interest in Elincia, I'd think he would have reacted differently. Of course, that is just another theory of mine. xP

FE7

Lyn x Kent/Hector

Wil x Rebecca

Erk x Priscilla

Eliwood x Ninian

Bartre x Karla

Dart x Farina

Harken x Isadora

Pent x Louise

Nino x Jaffar (Why has no one brought the age up here?)

Those are the most likely. The others probably got paired with no one, even if they did have a possible ending.

Jaffar doesn't seem to be much older than Nino. Perhaps he's 20-24? I assume no older than that, as he does seem to be around Matthew's age.

Nino is officially stated to be 14, Jaffar is stated to be in his 20s at the site, although I believe he could be at least 19.

Edited by Soul

FE7

Lyn x Kent/Hector

Wil x Rebecca

Erk x Priscilla

Eliwood x Ninian

Bartre x Karla

Dart x Farina

Harken x Isadora

Pent x Louise

Nino x Jaffar (Why has no one brought the age up here?)

Those are the most likely. The others probably got paired with no one, even if they did have a possible ending.

No, Sain likely got paired too (Fiora's my canon choice for him), considering he has a son. And didn't all the children of the FE7 characters appear in FE6?

No, Sain likely got paired too (Fiora's my canon choice for him), considering he has a son. And didn't all the children of the FE7 characters appear in FE6?

Nope, not everyone had children, it isn't hinted that they all did, in fact. Sain seems more appropiate for Fiora since serious + serious = epicly boring couple.

Wolt looks a lot like Sain. So I'd go with Rebecca if anything.

Where does it say Sain officially had a son? Because I'm kind of seeing him in the same boat of Gatrie.

And Kent/Fiora isn't really serious. Not with each other, anyway (check out their supports again)

Edited by Detective Badd

I could see why some people might be drawn to Ike/Mia. They seem to have a fair number of similarities personality-wise, enough so that I could see them working as a couple. Is it canon? No, of course not. In RD, Ike's only options for paired endings are Ranulf and Soren, so I find that Mia's as much fair game as any other character who is not one of those two, particularly since she ends up wandering and is, therefore, in a better position to go after him then a number of others. I'm not really arguing for the pairing here, but I could see why someone might be drawn to it.

Oh, and on the topic of Mist's age... "And I'm just glad to have someone close to my age traveling with us!" That's from her PoR support with Jill. Do we know how old Jill is intended to be? I've yet to see an official age, although I've seen estimates putting her at about sixteen (Which seems very reasonable) and Mist at like fifteen or sixteen because they're supposed to be close (And I'd think that this would put her closer to Jill's age then Rolf's, since she's been traveling with Rolf all along, but apparently only now is there someone near her age in the troop). ... I found it interesting. So, I revise my opinion on Mist's age, putting her closer to fifteen or sixteen for the time being in PoR.

As far as Sain/Fiora goes, I'm not a huge fan of it although it's been growing on me some recently. He's actually more serious then he lets on most of the time, which comes up a few times in the game, enough so that I could potentially see him and Fiora making a good couple that could be conceivably be workable. I still prefer her with Kent, who seems to mesh with her personality better, in my opinion, but I've been finding her pairing with Sain more appealing recently. I also rather like him with Rebecca.

I don't recall Sain's child making an appearance in FE6, unless it's Wolt (who is Rebecca's child). Who is it supposed to be?

Edited to add the thought about Wolt and to fix typos.

Edited by Spring

I don't recall Sain's child making an appearance in FE6

He or she didn't. Which is why I'm confused. Wolt's possible, although not canon.

Wil seems most likely, he has much more in common. Such as, being a crappy Archer with similiar growths. And it says in Rebecca and Wil's ending that their child inherets their archery skills.

I could see why some people might be drawn to Ike/Mia. They seem to have a fair number of similarities personality-wise, enough so that I could see them working as a couple. Is it canon? No, of course not. In RD, Ike's only options for paired endings are Ranulf and Soren, so I find that Mia's as much fair game as any other character who is not one of those two, particularly since she ends up wandering and is, therefore, in a better position to go after him then a number of others. I'm not really arguing for the pairing here, but I could see why someone might be drawn to it.

Well, I have to admit I find the idea of Ike and Mia running around with Ragnell and Alondite for the rest of their lives appealing. It's like Altina is back. Elincia has good stats, but she's no swordmaster. The idea of the two swords being used on the ground together is appealing. Imagine Ike and Mia traveling along some road and getting attacked by bandits. Would you want to be those bandits? (Yes, I know they have amazing growths in RD. But they don't get to promote and Ike and Mia are two tiers above them and outside HM have WTA)

But that's just the lover of overpowered things in me. Otherwise I like Elincia x Ike more.

I think Rebecca x Lowen actually makes the most sense. Since Wolt and Roy were raised as brothers, it would kind of make sense for both his parents to be from Pherae, and being Lowen's son gives Wolt a good excuse to grow up in the palace.

Also, Wolt seems to be a lot more noble knight than womanizer.

Well, I have to admit I find the idea of Ike and Mia running around with Ragnell and Alondite for the rest of their lives appealing. It's like Altina is back. Elincia has good stats, but she's no swordmaster. The idea of the two swords being used on the ground together is appealing. Imagine Ike and Mia traveling along some road and getting attacked by bandits. Would you want to be those bandits? (Yes, I know they have amazing growths in RD. But they don't get to promote and Ike and Mia are two tiers above them and outside HM have WTA)

But that's just the lover of overpowered things in me. Otherwise I like Elincia x Ike more.

To be honest, I can't see Mia being able to do more than barely lift Alondite (Ragnell belongs with Ike!), so that idea isn't all too appealing to me. Same with Elincia too, but she doesn't need it anyway since she has Amiti. And I always agree with you that Ike/Elincia is the best Ike pairing (also best Elincia pairing. XD). :3

EDIT: Cynthia, if I recall correctly, Sain's ending when he has a child says "thankfully he was nothing like his father" or something along the lines of that.

Edited by Eternal Bond

To be honest, I can't see Mia being able to do more than barely lift Alondite (Ragnell belongs with Ike!), so that idea isn't all too appealing to me. Same with Elincia too, but she doesn't need it anyway since she has Amiti. And I always agree with you that Ike/Elincia is the best Ike pairing (also best Elincia pairing. XD). :3

Well, this game isn't like the GBAs that rely on con. Elincia and Mia can twirl around Alondite like it's a dagger. 20 wt means little to either of them. Besides, I doubt Altina was all that buff (Altina is also female and an ancestor of tiny little sanaki as well as Micaiah) and she apparently used them both at the same time.

And I like Amiti more than Alondite anyway but I kinda like the ground fighting thing. On the other hand, Elincia can rescue Ike so they can get around faster and she could have a Yune-blessed Amiti + an Ashera-blessed Alondite to run around with. Give Elinica saviour, actually. And if Ike is hoping to explore strange new lands then being able to do some from the skies is probably the coolest way to do that. (Wait, considering nothing should have Mantle, Elincia doesn't need Amiti to be blessed at all since it is unbreakable anyway. she can bless Vague Katti for Ike for when he needs an extra 2 mt.)

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Altina had to be quite strong for a woman though. Ragnell and Alondite are the heaviest weapons in all of FE, I think. I've looked on the Wiki before and I haven't seen any weapons on there that are higher than 20 wt. And Ragnell is obviously quite heavy anyway if it's a two handed sword (and two handed swords are obviously meant to be used with two hands, thus normally too heavy to be used with one) and heavier than Urvan of all weapons (and Urvan is a giant double bladed axe). Not to mention several sources also say Ike being able to wield Ragnell with one hand proves he's very physically strong.