FE Pairings

PenandPaper71

Altina had to be quite strong for a woman though. Ragnell and Alondite are the heaviest weapons in all of FE, I think. I've looked on the Wiki before and I haven't seen any weapons on there that are higher than 20 wt. And Ragnell is obviously quite heavy anyway if it's a two handed sword (and two handed swords are obviously meant to be used with two hands, thus normally too heavy to be used with one) and heavier than Urvan of all weapons (and Urvan is a giant double bladed axe). Not to mention several sources also say Ike being able to wield Ragnell with one hand proves he's very physically strong.

I think that's actually part of why I love fe9 and fe10 more than the other ones (I've never played fe11, and a couple of earlier ones). In the other games, Mia would have difficulty using more than a killing edge without losing speed. But in these games, Mia has enough strength (eventually, in the case of fe9) that she can use the biggest, heaviest blade you can think of. Elincia too. And the thought of 5'4" 110 pound females wielding massive swords as if they are twigs amuses me. Not that I'm suggesting those are the accurate height and weight for Mia and Elincia. Just that they are obviously not weight-lifters.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Rebecca x Lowen actually makes the most sense. Since Wolt and Roy were raised as brothers, it would kind of make sense for both his parents to be from Pherae,

Wil is from Pherae as well. And it's said their son works for Pherae and inherited his parents' archery skills. Plus Wolt looks like Wil. But he does have Sain's hair color and it would explain Wolt being a fail archer if he had a dad that constantly distracted him by setting him up with girls. =D

To be honest, I can't see Mia being able to do more than barely lift Alondite (Ragnell belongs with Ike!),

Pfft, Alondite is Ragnell's sister sword so it should reasonably belong to Ike's sister. Of course, nobody should be able to handle Alondite, but that's Gameplay and Story Segregation at work. =P

And the thought of 5'4" 110 pound females wielding massive swords as if they are twigs amuses me. Not that I'm suggesting those are the accurate height and weight for Mia and Elincia. Just that they are obviously not weight-lifters.

I'm with you on that one, Narga.

EDIT: Beat to it.

So crack pairing time. Shiida/Lena. When you pair a slut and a sheltered nun together, ONLY fun things can happen.

Edited by Detective Badd

Wil is from Pherae as well. And it's said their son works for Pherae and inherited his parents' archery skills. Plus Wolt looks like Wil. But he does have Sain's hair color and it would explain Wolt being a fail archer if he had a dad that constantly distracted him by setting him up with girls. =D

Last time I checked: Sain's hair color is brown. Walt's hair color is a yellow-green. Doesn't seem like the same hair color to me.

Well, this game isn't like the GBAs that rely on con. Elincia and Mia can twirl around Alondite like it's a dagger. 20 wt means little to either of them.

That was my main gripe about the Tellius games is that AS wasn't determined by speed+con but speed+str. I mean, I can understand the concept and all but even the slim, small, petite female characters with like 7 con get high enough strength to wield something like Alondite with no AS loss. It gets unrealistic eventually. But then what am I talking about, this game is FE afterall where people can shove a lance through someone's head for zero damage or headshot someone for 2 damage.

That was my main gripe about the Tellius games is that AS wasn't determined by speed+con but speed+str. I mean, I can understand the concept and all but even the slim, small, petite female characters with like 7 con get high enough strength to wield something like Alondite with no AS loss. It gets unrealistic eventually. But then what am I talking about, this game is FE afterall where people can shove a lance through someone's head for zero damage or headshot someone for 2 damage.

I think it should be a blend. str should have some effect.

if str < con

use con

else

use (str + con)/2

end if

Or possibly use (str + 2con)/3 so that con is more important than str but str still has some effect. 20 str with 8 con then gives you 12 to determine your attack speed. It's not as crazy as being able to use Alondite with no attack speed loss despite being stick-thin, but at the same time if you are capable of unleashing massive amounts of damage with any sword due to your superb str then one would think you shouldn't be weighed down by a simple steel sword.

My earlier formula would give 14 instead of 12, allowing them to use GBA steel blades with no speed loss, which might be a little much for 8 con.

I think that's actually part of why I love fe9 and fe10 more than the other ones (I've never played fe11, and a couple of earlier ones). In the other games, Mia would have difficulty using more than a killing edge without losing speed. But in these games, Mia has enough strength (eventually, in the case of fe9) that she can use the biggest, heaviest blade you can think of. Elincia too. And the thought of 5'4" 110 pound females wielding massive swords as if they are twigs amuses me. Not that I'm suggesting those are the accurate height and weight for Mia and Elincia. Just that they are obviously not weight-lifters.

And Ike obviously has done some form of weight training since he has those sexy muscles in RD. <3

Also, Ike was able to use Ragnell with one hand in PoR as well, which means he had to be at least a little buff there as well (you can tell in his end of the game portrait too, actually). He's really strong!

And Ike obviously has done some form of weight training since he has those sexy muscles in RD. <3

Also, Ike was able to use Ragnell with one hand in PoR as well, which means he had to be at least a little buff there as well (you can tell in his end of the game portrait too, actually). He's really strong!

Don't get me wrong. From a realistic perspective, there is no way that Mia/Elincia/Mist and Ike should be wielding the same size weapons. And it is cool that Ike can wield Ragnell as well as he does. And in fe10, at least, it is very easy to buy that his physique would allow him to do that.

I just like the look of Mia wielding the massive weapons. It was particularly funny in fe9 where you could give Mia a steel blade and with the way she was holding the weapon it was actually sinking the tip (and then some) into the floor.

Yeah, that's one of the things I love about Ike. <3

He has incredible strength and even Brawl acknowledges that by saying "he's so strong, he wields a two-handed sword like a normal blade" in his description in the manual! Combine that with his really good looks and it's no wonder we see the ladies flirting with him sometimes. :P

lol I just now imagined a bunch of girls screaming "WE LIKE IKE" XD

Also, Ike was able to use Ragnell with one hand in PoR as well

Yeah but think of it from a game developer's perspective, it wouldn't look as badass if Ike was holding Ragnell with two hands. So sometimes you have to make things slightly unrealistic in a game to add to the badassery factor.

Last time I checked: Sain's hair color is brown. Walt's hair color is a yellow-green. Doesn't seem like the same hair color to me.

Yeah, Wolt's hair color looks a lot like Rebecca's, so it's hard to tell who the father is from that. Although genetically speaking, Lowen also has green hair so he would be most likely by this parameter.

I forgot Wil was from Pherae, because he works for Caelin for most of FE7, so I suppose Wil is pretty logical as well.

Sain's hair is light brown by my estimation.

Edited by -Cynthia-

If anything, what would be Sain's chances of winding up like a certain blonde-haired armor knight?

On a side note: I would have loved to see Sain hook up with Florina. It's a shame that they don't have any support conversations with each other. Heck, if any were thought up, they probably would have been FE's best support conversations ever.

Sain/Florina is kind of interesting, although I'm not sure how workable they would be. They look cute together though.

I've honestly never seen much point in debating who must be Wolt's father (or Roy's mother or Lilina's mother or so on) because the games generally seem to be quite fond of the "pick your canon" approach to pairings. Unless IS says otherwise, Wolt has three possible canon choices for a father, all of which are equally likely. No matter which pairing you choose, Wolt will be born. None of them are "right", just as none of them are "wrong".

So crack pairing time. Shiida/Lena. When you pair a slut and a sheltered nun together, ONLY fun things can happen.

This comment made me sad (bold part being the issue). ;_; Even if it was intended as a jest (And I think that was the intent, unless I misread it which is possible), it still depresses me when one of my favorite characters gets called nasty names that simply aren't true. Poor Caeda takes far too much abuse in general... :(

Edited by Spring

If anything, what would be Sain's chances of winding up like a certain blonde-haired armor knight?

On a side note: I would have loved to see Sain hook up with Florina. It's a shame that they don't have any support conversations with each other. Heck, if any were thought up, they probably would have been FE's best support conversations ever.

100% Agreement. The pegasus knights in general needed more pairings combinations, but that one was an obvious "should've been".

Even if it was intended as a jest (And I think that was the intent, unless I misread it which is possible), it still depresses me when one of my favorite characters gets called nasty names that simply aren't true.

What? It is true. (she seduces about half the recruitable characters to your side). And it's not a nasty name. She's a slut and I love her for it. Just like Templeton Peck (who is a reverse-slut/playboy)

Considering he is much like Gatrie in the sense that he'd prefer a bunch of one night flings over a long term commitment, I'd say 100%. It's just the way he rolls.

Edited by Cody Travers

What? It is true. (she seduces about half the recruitable characters to your side). And it's not a nasty name. She's a slut and I love her for it. Just like Templeton Peck (who is a reverse-slut/playboy)

She flirts with one, besides Marth in Shadow Dragon (and does nothing of the sort in the other games). The rest she recruits by reasoning with them. If convincing people to come to your side is a sign of being a slut then Marth is even worse off. If she's a slut, then he's a whore. And I'm quite sick of all the abuse that she takes.

Edit: I'm sorry if this sounded harsh. I've just been seeing far too much Caeda bashing recently and not just here. It's starting to get to me.

Edited by Spring

She flirts with one, besides Marth in Shadow Dragon

Perhaps. And yet she even supports with characters with characters she doesn't recruit, like Darros and Riff. Which only supported the fan interpretations of her.

And I'm quite sick of all the abuse that she takes.

As I said, not abuse if I'm not condemning her for being one. Which I'm not.

I've just been seeing far too much Caeda bashing recently and not just here.

And I'm not bashing her, so I don't know what you're getting so worked up about.

Like I said. Templeton Peck. Reverse slut slash playboy. And he's awesome.

Edited by Cody Travers

Altina had to be quite strong for a woman though. Ragnell and Alondite are the heaviest weapons in all of FE, I think. I've looked on the Wiki before and I haven't seen any weapons on there that are higher than 20 wt. And Ragnell is obviously quite heavy anyway if it's a two handed sword (and two handed swords are obviously meant to be used with two hands, thus normally too heavy to be used with one) and heavier than Urvan of all weapons (and Urvan is a giant double bladed axe). Not to mention several sources also say Ike being able to wield Ragnell with one hand proves he's very physically strong.

Gurgurant in FE9 also had 20 weight, and in FE9 Alondite and Ragnell had 18 weight each, so FE10 Gurgurant might be heavier? It doesn't appear again in FE10 (which is odd, since you'd think someone would hold on to an indestructible 25mt 1-2 range sword that negates criticals and has 90 hit).

Steel Poleaxes also have 20 weight, as does the Arbalest and Fenrir.

Ah, I see. Still, no weapon seems to be heavier than 20 wt, though I wonder how Ragnell and Alondite gained two points in three years. xP

Perhaps. And yet she even supports with characters with characters she doesn't recruit, like Darros and Riff. Which only supported the fan interpretations of her.

So does Marth. Marth supports pretty much everyone, so the same logic applies to him. (I'm not saying any of this to diss Marth because I adore Marth, but nonetheless the logic should be applied across the board). If it's based on the number of characters recruited and how many they support, then Marth is still worse.

As I said, not abuse if I'm not condemning her for being one. Which I'm not.

And I'm not bashing her, so I don't know what you're getting so worked up about.

Like I said. Templeton Peck. Reverse slut slash playboy. And he's awesome.

Perhaps I'm being a bit sensitive right now. As I mentioned, she takes a lot of bashing (Perhaps not your intent, which I conceded from the start), most of the time so that people can pair Marth with another character like Catria (Whose interest I find questionable anyway considering how much her supports and behavior echo her relationship with Minerva), Roy (who isn't even in the same game), or someone's Mary Sue/ self-insert (Which says it all).

I apologize if I offended. I just hate the slut charge often aimed at her and all the others that go with it.

So does Marth. Marth supports pretty much everyone, so the same logic applies to him. (I'm not saying any of this to diss Marth because I adore Marth, but nonetheless the logic should be applied across the board).

If it makes you happy.

Perhaps not your intent

Not just not my intent, not bashing period. You wouldn't call it bashing if I said Gatrie is a super playboy sex maniac. So why does it degrade into offensive when the genders are reversed?

o that people can pair Marth with another character like Catria

Don't have an ulterior motive like that. I hate Marth/Roy in fact, because most of (and by most of, I mean 95% of the base) the people who support it are smashtards who have only played Melee and not a single FE game.

I apologize if I offended.

And I'm not trying to be aggressive in return, but...well, you kind of hit a nerve. People are way too taboo about sex and about half of the people who are are banging somebody silly back home. Touchy subject with me.