Freaking ACTs

Percivalé

God bless the SAT, got me the closest thing I have to something impressive that "matters" on my transcript. Cruise through high school -> get a little over 2100 -> miss merit scholarship finals by hair -> profit, if unfulfilled profit.

Standardized tests are a waste of time. Better yet, putting effort into Highschool is a waste of time.

The real smart people go to Community Colleges(Easier to get better grades in, cheaper, they don't give a shit about what you scored on standardized tests, and for those of you that will say "lol they look bad on our transcript" guess what? You're wrong. Because if you choose to transfer jobs will care more about the school you transferred to for the last two years of your college career, they will pretty much ignore the fact that you went to a community college in the first place if you transfer.

I know those tests shouldn't scare the shit out of me, but they do

We're finally done with them; I hope my scores are satisfactory to me~

yesterday was almost physically tiring, I'm the slowest test taker ever and thinking that hard for five hours straight hurts

BIZZ DISLIKES TIMED TESTS :C.

Oh yes, I hate standardized testing. Thankfully, all I had to do was take the SAT, never even bothered with the ACT and got into a good college no problem. One monstrosity of an exam is enough for me.

Standardized tests are a waste of time. Better yet, putting effort into Highschool is a waste of time.

Which is why I put little to no effort forth and got near the top of my class. No need to put forth much effort.

The real smart people go to Community Colleges(Easier to get better grades in, cheaper, they don't give a shit about what you scored on standardized tests, and for those of you that will say "lol they look bad on our transcript" guess what? You're wrong. Because if you choose to transfer jobs will care more about the school you transferred to for the last two years of your college career, they will pretty much ignore the fact that you went to a community college in the first place if you transfer

Or the even smarter people can get into a better college for free with scholarships and still score A's. But you do have a point. =P

Or the even smarter people can get into a better college for free with scholarships and still score A's. But you do have a point. =P

Depends if we're talking naturally smart or having to put an obscene amount of effort into schoolwork smart. In my opinion, it's not worth the stress as I've seen people go batshit insane just trying to maintain a 4.0 GPA in Highschool. And even if you are naturally smart you still have to put some effort into it, but if you're naturally smart then all the power to you. I just slept in all my highschool classes and did the bare minimum since freshman year. Even then I still got by with Cs and Bs and even a couple of As. Of course if I tried a bit I probably would've gotten into some decent schools. And if people are going to look down on me for going to a community college then those people are not worth talking to in the first place. /shrug

I was trying to get into the SATs but they ran out of waivers. I have till May 5th but my councelor doesn't think any more waivers will get here by then. I'll have to wait on those and if they don't make it then I have to wait till the summer one.

ACTs... have no plans on those yet I find SATs enough for now XD

Forget about this SAT and college bullshit. A university degree is marginally helpful in finding jobs, but age and experience value for a lot more. And none of that matters if you can get nepotism ("networking") to work for you.

So unless you want to be a ticky tacky doctor or lawyer or business executive, or want to pursue a field like geology or engineering, don't waste the most important years of your life and a hell of a lot of money on some educational institution where you'll be put in a box and taught how to be a social parasite.

Forget about this SAT and college bullshit. A university degree is marginally helpful in finding jobs, but age and experience value for a lot more. And none of that matters if you can get nepotism ("networking") to work for you.

So unless you want to be a ticky tacky doctor or lawyer or business executive, or want to pursue a field like geology or engineering, don't waste the most important years of your life and a hell of a lot of money on some educational institution where you'll be put in a box and taught how to be a social parasite.

Biochemistry here. College is kinda helpful in fields like that.

And, honestly, college is also rather helpful for networking in science fields. It's a lot of scientists concentrated in a small area. If you can get some to like you, you can probably get some good connections. Heck, I'm not even in college yet, and my aunt's already toured me around one campus' facilities and got me in to meet several workers, professors, and students. Of course, you also have to prove that you're better than the other five thousand science students to get any help...

But I wanna be somebody!

Depends if we're talking naturally smart or having to put an obscene amount of effort into schoolwork smart. In my opinion, it's not worth the stress as I've seen people go batshit insane just trying to maintain a 4.0 GPA in Highschool. And even if you are naturally smart you still have to put some effort into it, but if you're naturally smart then all the power to you. I just slept in all my highschool classes and did the bare minimum since freshman year.

I was defining smart as naturally smart. Putting ridiculous amounts of effort into work just to get a near perfect average isn't exactly worth it. I probably could have done so, but why bother being a perfectionist when I could just relax and enjoy my free time instead? =D

For most of my work, I put some effort into it, and that alone is usually enough to land me an A average. Some of these 101 level courses in college are easy enough I could probably skip half of it, review the material from the notes the professors may post online (assuming they do so), do the assigned readings, and yay, an A average with minimal work.

But I wanna be somebody!

Then study something like comparative theology and spend your family fortune on a political campaign. Depending on how large your fortune is and how skilled the campaign advisors you'll hire are, you might have a good chance at becoming a Canadian MP. From there it's only two short steps to Prime Minister, and once you're the biggest man in Ottawa you can set about really changing the world.

As a Canadian statesman I propose that you should pursue closer ties and cooperation with traditionally friendly Pacific countries, that's a region with a lot of growth and a confused balance of power. But continue existing domestic policies as far as they're sustainable (after a round of legalization of course) and tighten the fucking borders that all those unproductive immigrants are pouring through. And don't forget an aggressive Arctic policy, you might come to regret it some day if you let Norway and Russia trample over you with their claims.