Funny, Stupid, Unknown and Interesting facts about FE10

Another archetype that is broken is that a LOT of physical units have huge res growths(well, in exchange for their def growths being mediocre to just plain bad), when in the GBA games(the FE's I most fondly remember and care about), most units that had higher than 30% res growth(and are NOT FE6!Karel)were magic users and dancers. In this game, TONS of physical units have 40 or above in their res growth.

This isn't the first game to do that. Plenty of physical units in FE9 had high resistance growth.

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't actually qualify Mia as a "strong Swordmaster". She has 45% Str growth, yeah, which is higher than what most of the previous SMs had in other FEs, but she's quite below average in that department, given the context to the kind of enemies she's facing. Edward's 60% Str growth is pretty hard to ignore, on the other hand. I'm thinkin IS switched around Nolan and Edward's growths around.

I wouldn't actually qualify Mia as a "strong Swordmaster". She has 45% Str growth, yeah, which is higher than what most of the previous SMs had in other FEs, but she's quite below average in that department, given the context to the kind of enemies she's facing. Edward's 60% Str growth is pretty hard to ignore, on the other hand. I'm thinkin IS switched around Nolan and Edward's growths around.

Since the average strength growth amongst beorc is 43.94%, Mia is actually above average in that department.

You should round that up to 45%. FE units tend to have growths that go by 5s, with the exception of Barth and his awesome 2% Res growth in FE6. Then the whole FE3 casts and their Res growths.

IMO the best sage in drafts is Ilyana for availability lead and she can do the same offense as Soren. Micaiah, Rhys, and Laura are also good competition for best sage title. Soren doesn't deserve to be called best sage imo though he's clearly better than Oliver, Stefan, Pelleas, and maybe Sanaki and Callil.

For efficiency Tormod gives him good competition for Best Sage title as does Micaiah and maybe Callil.

IMO the best sage in drafts is Ilyana for availability lead and she can do the same offense as Soren. Micaiah, Rhys, and Laura are also good competition for best sage title. Soren doesn't deserve to be called best sage imo though he's clearly better than Oliver, Stefan, Pelleas, and maybe Sanaki and Callil.

For efficiency Tormod gives him good competition for Best Sage title as does Micaiah and maybe Callil.

I thought we were talking about magicians....

You should round that up to 45%. FE units tend to have growths that go by 5s, with the exception of Barth and his awesome 2% Res growth in FE6. Then the whole FE3 casts and their Res growths.

But the mean is 43.94. It doesn't need to be a typical number or even a number that's possible to have for a growth.

If he rounds it up to 45 it's no longer accurate, as Mia would be exactly average instead of above-average. I see no problems with 40% being on one side of the line and 45% being on the other.

And herein is the issue with FE10. Caps are more important than growths, simply because the majority of units have a good chance to hit their caps, whether naturally, by some BEXP use or most likely a combination of the two.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually meant a capped defense meg. Also capped def sanaki. Ashera Staff for an extra 5, and rudol gem for 10 more. 35 defense. Megs cap.

Sanaki is also capable of reaching 53 Defense! 20 Def, + Rudol 10 + Easy 5 Bonus + Night tide + Cover tile = 50 With supports she can even reach 53!

This is the most a Sage can reach (And we haven't taken supports for Sanaki, so don't start on that.). Tormod can only Reach 49 This way. Because he can only use Rescue staff, 4 Def. HE has 25 Def Cap. So with the extra's he gets 49. With supports, he can get to 52, but Sanaki Still wins. Even without staves. Fuckin Rudol Gem.

Edited by Vicious Sal

I actually meant a capped defense meg. Also capped def sanaki. Ashera Staff for an extra 5, and rudol gem for 10 more. 35 defense. Megs cap.

Sanaki is also capable of reaching 53 Defense! 20 Def, + Rudol 10 + Easy 5 Bonus + Night tide + Cover tile = 50 With supports she can even reach 53!

This is the most a Sage can reach (And we haven't taken supports for Sanaki, so don't start on that.). Tormod can only Reach 49 This way. Because he can only use Rescue staff, 4 Def. HE has 25 Def Cap. So with the extra's he gets 49. With supports, he can get to 52, but Sanaki Still wins. Even without staves. Fuckin Rudol Gem.

I would pefer if Rudolf Gem boosted STR, so Rexflame doesn't slow her down so much (Sanaki isn't bad, she just has craptastic STR)

• 1 month later...

If you press A (wiimote sideways) while playing with animations off, and beofre you get attacked, the game will go into animation mode for just that fight.

• 2 weeks later...