Funny, Stupid, Unknown and Interesting facts about FE10

Maybe because it's bases are already pretty good. 18 Mt is on par with Ragnell and Alondite. 100 Hit...doesn't really do anything. 15 Crit is only matched by Creiddylad and Rexbolt. 10 Wt makes it one of the lightest SS weapons around.

18 MT: less than Vague Katti, Wishblade, Urvan, and Double Bow. Some of those hit at 1-2 range as well.

100 hit: 10 less than Urvan, ties with Wishblade and Double Bow, and 5 more than Vague Katti.

15 crit: all of the other weapons have a token 5 crit, and crits are nullified when enemies have Mantle or Aurora.

10 WT: no one gets weighed down by weapons in 4-E.

Classic Soren37 syndrome - picking inferior points to support already poor assertions.

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SS weapons really summarize the lack of balance in this game.

The Double Bow has a better bonus (str vs. lck) than the Wishblade and 1 extra range for marksmen.

The Wishblade has 1 more range than Urvan (which is of course very useful for the endgame), and it has 100 hit which is as much accuracy as it could need.

Urvan has 2 more mt and 15 more hit than Vague Katti. Def would normally be the better bonus, but Res' usefulness in the last few battles kinda equals them out.

The Vague Katti has 2 more mt than the Baselard and it has +3 def, while the 5 extra hit on Baselard is pretty useless and the extra crit is kinda useless considering Volke and trueblades already have a huge crit bonus (as well as the whole Mantle thing).

Nice going IS.

I don't see how it is being implied that being the left ar is inferior. Despite being the King's left arm, Ulki still loved solitude, spending his free time in long-deserted locales. There is nothing there that implies that being the left arm is inferior.

Baselard is the only beorc SS weapon that does not give a bonus to stats.

Being the "left arm" usually means doing his dirty work.

While the "right arm" is for diplomatic reasons.

Being the "left arm" usually means doing his dirty work.

While the "right arm" is for diplomatic reasons.

Ulki's ending sort of implies that being the king's left arm is inferior to being his right arm

Where does the ending imply that? No where.

I wonder what were they thinking when they gave Ike wtfcaps and stats. He's supposed to be a Hero, not an FE4 SM. They might as well complete him and give him axes at 2nd tier. Imagine that. :awesome:

The SS weapons really summarize the lack of balance in this game.

The Double Bow has a better bonus (str vs. lck) than the Wishblade and 1 extra range for marksmen.

The Wishblade has 1 more range than Urvan (which is of course very useful for the endgame), and it has 100 hit which is as much accuracy as it could need.

Urvan has 2 more mt and 15 more hit than Vague Katti. Def would normally be the better bonus, but Res' usefulness in the last few battles kinda equals them out.

The Vague Katti has 2 more mt than the Baselard and it has +3 def, while the 5 extra hit on Baselard is pretty useless and the extra crit is kinda useless considering Volke and trueblades already have a huge crit bonus (as well as the whole Mantle thing).

Nice going IS.

Yet otherwise, Bows are weaker than Lances and Lances are weaker than Axes. So really this is just counterbalancing the lack of balance in the rest of the game.

I don't understand how the extra crit is useless for Baselard. Volke and the Trueblades are often depending on critical or skill activation to kill enemies. Baselard improves that.

I wonder what were they thinking when they gave Ike wtfcaps and stats. He's supposed to be a Hero, not an FE4 SM. They might as well complete him and give him axes at 2nd tier. Imagine that. :awesome:

Maybe they were thinking "Ike is the main character and has to be used, so we should make him good".

Edited by Anouleth

Maybe they were thinking "Ike is the main character and has to be used, so we should make him good".

They couldn't think that with micaiah

*stares in an odd way at IS*

Where does the ending imply that? No where.

What?

I'm just stating the general usage of the left/right arm ordeal

The left arm was always viewed as a "dirty" arm.

Back in the days, you HAD to use your left hand to whipe your behind.

If you look at the movie "Van Helsing" you learn that Van Helsing IS the Left hand of god.

Meaning he's down here killing the demons, instead of doing diplomicy like the right hand does.

What?

I'm just stating the general usage of the left/right arm ordeal

The left arm was always viewed as a "dirty" arm.

Back in the days, you HAD to use your left hand to whipe your behind.

If you look at the movie "Van Helsing" you learn that Van Helsing IS the Left hand of god.

Meaning he's down here killing the demons, instead of doing diplomicy like the right hand does.

I was replying to the guys saying that the ending implied Ulki was inferior. I was replying to this post below V

Ulki's ending sort of implies that being the king's left arm is inferior to being his right arm

Again the ending never implies that. If society thinks it is, however, inferior thats different than the ending saying/implying it is inferior.

They couldn't think that with micaiah

*stares in an odd way at IS*

she has high magic, luck, and magic defense along with having healing staff's and an PRF weapon that destory's Knights and Horses.

and honestly she has to be the best magic user in this game considering how much of an nerf they got.

you remind me of the guy who claimed FE11 added little to FE1 then i procecced to type an rather good list of stuff 11 added to 1.

she has high magic, luck, and magic defense along with having healing staff's and an PRF weapon that destory's Knights and Horses.

Her high Res is pretty much useless, given that enemy mages only take up about 10-15% of the opposing army (on most levels)

• 2 weeks later...

Imo, the best magic user in the game is calill then micaiah. Soren has great availability and good growths but what can he do with said availability? Calill may have worse availability, but meteor is really useful to low turn 3-9. And she has great speed something other mages are lacking in. She can destroy 4-3 and can take on 4-P's northern enemies by herself. Not to mention, she uses the best magic type in the game.

Micaiah is forced. Shes a great healer. She has thani bombing. And with resolve+miracle shes a killing machine in the desert. Her late promotion hurts her though.

Soren beats her by miles. He's much more durable and has better speed.

Micaiah is actually useful. She's much better than Soren. Durability and Spd? Soren might be able to take one hit and will never double either way. So yeah, he wins those, but not by anything one would call significant.

@Angru/saber/soul/idk what to call him anymore -I think he meant auras and some spirits.

overall, Calil is the best sage for end game, Micaiah is forced but once again we got thani bombing/staff bot, and due to better magic defense, she takes less damage from white dragons and those Sprirt things..

Even if Soren was the best sage, this is a game where magic users kinda suck if your not holding Rexflame or if your name isn't Micaiah.

Micaiah can claim to be a staffbot on a team which often desperately wants the second healer. Soren, on the other hand, is just a chipper on his; he can't double anything without transfers (and even with, only some random generals) and often would require an early crowning to get past his very low speed cap and early suckage (which is arguably better spent on Gatrie)

wait a sec, since when are sages bad units in RD? I understand they have bad caps, but their stave usage makes up for that in usability. And Soren's A support with Ike makes him almost unhittable. unless of course everyone here is talking about hard mode only, if so, I didn't say anything.