Fire Emblem: Dusk Revolution

riariadne

This is the feedback thread for my story, Fire Emblem: Dusk Revolution. All comments, criticism, and discussion of the story belongs here. Here's a link to the story:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=20381&pid=1025004&st=0entry1025004

Edited by Lightning

>.> You misspelled it in the topic, as well.

In other news, it seems we have an enemy mage w/B in anima/ a Sage/ an FE8 Druid. Bolting crit?

Shows how good I am at double checking...

That wasn't exactly what I was thinking by the lighting bolt by the way... although it does fit in rather nicely with the story itself. Man do I make a lot many mistakes that turn out to work...

Edited by Lightning

He has been blessed by the lightning. Or something. Yeah, sort of waiting for chapter 2.

I'm pretty sure there's actually a better chance of surviving being struck by lightning than dying from it (IIRC it's something like 60/40). Don't quote me on that though.

9/10 chance of survival, but this is Fire Emblem, so with enough magic power, it could easily be 100% chance of death.

The story's alright so far, but you really need longer chapters. Chapter 1 was barely over two hundred words. You should have AT LEAST 1,000 words for a decent-sized chapter. I would suggest either posting less frequently with longer chapters or posting segments the same size as you currently are and then just making five or so segments one chapter.

Also, I found it odd that the boy knew exactly where the inn was in a village he didn't recognize. You should probably include that he wandered a bit until he found it.

Yeah, probably. It was supposed to be in the center of town, but I should've elaborated there.

*fixes*

I'll probably add more to Chapter 1 as well.

Chapter 1 updated. Read and comment as you like.

Also, I'll be periodically posting the mugs of the characters who have them (there's about 10). Chaz's would be here:

http://feshrine.b1.jcink.com/uploads/feshrine//av-426.gif

This one's made by Eclipse40 on FEshrine.

So, Chaz is Chase? Or is Chase Chaz? Moving on, nice. Merc+ Archer = death.

Chase was based off of Chaz in looks (well they're the same in looks but that's mostly due to my laziness) and weapon. And name. Not much else similar though.

Chapter 2 is up. I'll probably have a lot of sarcastic chapter names throughout the story, so don't be surprised by them.

Just a few notes.

-This chapter would pretty much be the equivalent of Chapter 1 would've been in the hack. Yes, that means I put it before the prologue. It made more sense upon reflection to have this part first.

-Robin had a mug. It was pretty much just Matthew with Lloyd hair and a slightly darker cloak, so I'm not going to bother posting it unless someone wants to see it. Once again it was made by Eclipse40 on FEShrine and not me.

-Robin's name was based on the fact thieves rob people. I know, I know, terrible pun, but that's where I got it from.