Fire Emblem 8 Nightmare Modules

Phin

I just got started with using the Nightmare Editor for fire emblem and Im using the older version because I dont really understand the new one. So, it works fine with the modules i downloaded for fire emblem 7, but what I need is the modules for fire emblem 8, specifically Chapter Unit Editor.

Thanks!

• 3 years later...

So I apologize if this has been asked before (though I get the feeling it hasn't). I've been using Nightmare to mod FE8 for a little while now. I'm getting pretty savvy with it, and having a lot of fun.

Here's my problem. I chose to make Kyle a Soldier instead of a Cavalier (kind of like as a journeyman class). However, even though I've edited the promotion branch for soldier and have a master seal, I can't promote him. What do I have to edit to be able to promote a soldier? Normally, I'd start from scratch and use a different class, but I'm pretty deep into this game and I'd rather not start over.

So, which master Nightmare-user wants to help me out?

Thanks guys.

Master Seals don't promote Soldiers. The list of classes, in hex terminated by a '00' byte, that the Master Seal promotes is at 0x088ADF76. You'll need repoint this class list to a region of free space in the ROM and make a copy of the class list with 4E at the end, before the zero. This will let you promote a Soldier with a Master Seal.

You could do the same thing for a Knight's Crest or whatever else; you should have a Promotion Item Editor that will let you vhange pointers.

• 1 month later...

0x1 is No XP given.

0x4 is strange. When I gave it to Eirika, it didn't do anything. When I gave it to a boss, it revealed up to a distance of 10 tiles from the boss in Fog of War, even though he was an enemy unit. When I gave it to all of the generic units, it messed up the fog of war, with small patches of fog all over the placed that shifted whenever one of my characters moved or killed an enemy (my unis didn't have bit 0x4 set).

It probably doesn't have a proper use.

I'll put this in my Nightmare Module doc, I suppose.

Edited by Vennobennu