Latias is now uber.

Seph

And top players are now saying Salamence should be uber, so it looks like it's going to get banned next month.

Looks like I have to get rid of all of my teams.

Eh salamence should have his own tier then, if he goes to uber he's gonna get raped. And then hes going down back again. I would say make a borderline for uber and overused.

Edited by Ulki

Since we are talking about competitive batlling here, i thin it wouldn't be off-topic to ask this,

Weren't they thinking of putting up a doubles tier list?

I love double battling, its so cool.... My milotic/arcanine/bronzong/shaymin set upt is almost unbeatable once i set it up.

It allows for a lot of pokemon underused and never used to be very useful. Plus a lot of strategies, never used before because it would be too risky.

Edited by Ulki

General Spoon nailed the tier thing right to the last tip. Thankfully Latias is gone. Tipped POS. Though I always felt Salamence was more broken than Latias to some extents.

Latias was the only reason why I even played OU. Looks like I'll finally have to make a Uber team now.

Latias was also the reason why OU was such a fucking chore to do. Salamence is too, but that is being covered.

Eh salamence should have his own tier then, if he goes to uber he's gonna get raped. And then hes going down back again. I would say make a borderline for uber and overused.

Ubers is ment to be a banned tier, not one where any amount of power is measured. By that logic, Garchomp should be removed since everything in Ubers kills him.

I think the reason they are looking at Salamence is absurd. Yes, Salamence can do a large sum of damage to your Pokemon, it's Powerful. I understand banning Pokemon who require a specific counter to kill, and who you can't kill with out losing someone(Garchomp, i'm looking at you). But now they are plotting because he can do a decent amount of damage to a Pokemon? Stupid.

Roxas, that's my favorite kind of Salamence too, but I wish you could spell it properly.

Ubers is ment to be a banned tier, not one where any amount of power is measured. By that logic, Garchomp should be removed since everything in Ubers kills him.

I think the reason they are looking at Salamence is absurd. Yes, Salamence can do a large sum of damage to your Pokemon, it's Powerful. I understand banning Pokemon who require a specific counter to kill, and who you can't kill with out losing someone(Garchomp, i'm looking at you). But now they are plotting because he can do a decent amount of damage to a Pokemon? Stupid.

Insofar as I can see, Salamence is too versatile and unpredictable, so one mistake can cost you the game if you predict the wrong set. Furthermore, Salamence wrecks the counters of Pokemon such as Lucario, allowing to sweep without problems.

Roxas, that's my favorite kind of Salamence too, but I wish you could spell it properly.

Insofar as I can see, Salamence is too versatile and unpredictable, so one mistake can cost you the game if you predict the wrong set. Furthermore, Salamence wrecks the counters of Pokemon such as Lucario, allowing to sweep without problems.

What I am reading is that a number of people on Smogon are upset that a Pokemon is powerful. Obviously there will always be something with a large amount of power in the top spot of OU. Salamence is currently the big dog, so once he gets banned, something else will come take his place. Then everyone at Smogon will be butthurt and will want to ban that. It's a never ending cycle; we will never find a true balance in OU.

They should leave it be and just wait for Gen 5 at this point.

EDIT: I also dislike how Smogon uses perfect scenarios to assume that Rocks, spikes, etc, is all up. It's understandable for some things, but let's be real; we're playing a game. You should build your team up for threats, and not assume that everyone is going to have Spikes along with Strealth rock and this and that. It's a game.

Edited by MageInTraining

EDIT: I also dislike how Smogon uses perfect scenarios to assume that Rocks, spikes, etc, is all up. It's understandable for some things, but let's be real; we're playing a game. You should build your team up for threats, and not assume that everyone is going to have Spikes along with Strealth rock and this and that. It's a game.

It is almost a completely accurate assessment that every viable team in OU runs Stealth Rock on at least one Pokemon.

What I am reading is that a number of people on Smogon are upset that a Pokemon is powerful. Obviously there will always be something with a large amount of power in the top spot of OU. Salamence is currently the big dog, so once he gets banned, something else will come take his place. Then everyone at Smogon will be butthurt and will want to ban that. It's a never ending cycle; we will never find a true balance in OU.
There is a difference between "powerful" and "over-powered." I'm not saying whether or not Salamence crosses that line or where the line is, but there's nothing silly about such a line existing. That's why things get moved to uber in the first place. You sound like you want Kyogre and all his friends to play in OU. Furthermore, your assertion that there would by the nature of the metagame have to be some other pokemon to step in and fill Salamence's shoes and be overpowered is silly. It could happen, there's just no reason to think it would have to happen or that such a thing would be necessity be a "cycle." Edited by Fruitloop Multipuck

It is almost a completely accurate assessment that every viable team in OU runs Stealth Rock on at least one Pokemon.

I was pushing more towards the idea that they assume Spikes are up(I understand rocks) and that Salamence is going to get x amount of Dragon Dance's in.

There is a difference between "powerful" and "over-powered." I'm not saying whether or not Salamence crosses that line or where the line is, but there's nothing silly about such a line existing. That's why things get moved to uber in the first place. You sound like you want Kyogre and all his friends to play in OU. Furthermore, your assertion that there would by the nature of the metagame have to be some other pokemon to step in and fill Salamence's shoes and be overpowered is silly. It could happen, there's just no reason to think it would have to happen or that such a thing would be necessity be a "cycle."

Bzzzt. I just don't believe that Salamence is as strong as some people proclaim him to be, and this is the fault in letting such a small amount of people decide for the entire community how things are run.

All we do in competitive battling is assume and predict. I assume that my opponent will set up Stealth Rocks. I assume they will have x Pokemon on their team.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45565

This is what Pokemon has become.

Salamence is a close case of stepping inbetween "powerful" and "over-powered". Also, MageInTraining, if we banned some of the most overdominant Pokemon (I.E. You are assuming that we are under a slippery slope) then why is Tyranitar and Scizor still OU?

While I'd like Salamence banned to death, I can still cope with it if I had to. After all, I coped with the Wobbuffet / DX-S / Garchomp era. I'm not one of those ADV-butthurt people that want silly things like Choice Scarf and Life Orb banned.

Ice Beam from a Furret wrecks up Salamence. It ain't a very durable Poke'mon. What next, is Tyranitar now too powerful as well? :/

Can Furret outspeed Salamence? Can it switch in on an attack? 4x weaks do not prevent a Pokemon from going uber.

Salamence is a close case of stepping inbetween "powerful" and "over-powered". Also, MageInTraining, if we banned some of the most overdominant Pokemon (I.E. You are assuming that we are under a slippery slope) then why is Tyranitar and Scizor still OU?

It's only a matter of time if Salamence is removed from OU. Trust me, look at what just happend. Latias was banned not even a week ago? and they want to jump in and remove something else. People will grow tired of Scizor's ability to sweep, the same for Tyranitar.