Fire Emblem 3 remake for the DS

245zpzk.png

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/

Just saw this on GAF, thanks Tenbatsu if you come here, so I decided to come here and see if it had been posted yet. Lo and behold, it hasn't... So what the hell, I'll put the thread up.

Wonder if they'll remake 4 and 6 next, or hell maybe even 2.

Edit: Here is the video on Youtube, not sure if I can embed in here.

Edit 2: Partial mistake on my part... the "symbols" I looked at were apparently just the FE title in Japanese. Still, GAF has said that this is FE3.

Edited by Suichimo

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a direct remake like Shadow Dragon or is it a new storyline altogether? The title roughly says "New Mystery of the Emblem: The Heroes of Light and Shadow", and I was wondering whether it would introduce new elements into the story. A new storyline would at least ensure that it doesn't have a shitty plot (by today's standards) like Shadow Dragon did.

I cannot say that this is a surprise, since it was pretty obvious that after Shadow Dragons, Mystery of the Emblem was going to be remade soon or later. I think they'll leave the Jugdral games for 3DS.

Nothing to object, but please, get rid of the hackers online :(

By the way, the original Fire Emblem was released 20 years ago, on April 20th. If this is the birthday present, the date is a bit off for sure ;)

Edited by GenG

The plot will be far more in-depth than Shadow Dragon's, Monshou no Nazo was much more advanced when it came to its plot, a lot more dialogue, a lot more character interaction, a lot more betrayal and intrigue. Sure, everyone wants to see Seisen get a release outside Japan, and it will, eventually, but Shadow Dragon was only half of a story, so I really welcome this news.

Also, the mysterious cloaked character and the one shown behind Marth on the logo... it would be easy to assume that this is Sirius, and it might be, but comparing the two... the hair is different, and that looks like a sword, not a lance. You know who that figure reminds me most of? Roy. Weird, I know... it can't be Roy, unless those talks of a crossover Fire Emblem have actually come to pass... but I think it must be a new character, so I'm suspecting the game will have a whole new side story that runs parallel to the main story.

Either that or it's Alm? Fire Emblem Gaiden does happen in the same world and time as Shadow Dragon, after all. Nah. New main character I suspect. He'll be the Hero of Shadow mentioned in the new title.

Ether is very happy.I've been waiting for news,and was nearly heartbroken at that April Fools joke...

Same. I was really hoping that Vincent's supposed FE12 would have come, but at least we have this.

IS also seems to take their effort to fix Shadow Dragon's flaws as they already introduce the hero of darkness to expand on the story.

This game and Pokémon Black and White are a really great way to send off the DS.

So let me get this right. They can fit both books on one cartridge more than a decade ago, but they have to make two separate games NOW? And it took them THIS LONG to make it? Oh, well, at least it's something new. Wish they'd either done a Jugdral game or a completely new one, though.

And it would be interesting if Violet was right. Certainly hope so.

I also wonder if they'll bring people that were in shadow dragon but no FE3 book 1 in.

So let me get this right. They can fit both books on one cartridge more than a decade ago, but they have to make two separate games NOW? And it took them THIS LONG to make it?

They can fit 4/5 Mario games on one cartridge more than a decade ago and even give them a graphical overhaul, but they have to rerelease them separately on the GBA? Oh, and the first two will only have their original versions rereleased?

I'd rather have two separate fully improved FE3 books than have one half-assed book 1 and 2 compilation, which is exactly what I'm getting here.

Edited by Ike-Mike

Another remake, huh? Oh well.

A new storyline would at least ensure that it doesn't have a shitty plot (by today's standards) like Shadow Dragon did.

Book 2 doesn't have a shitty plot.

Edited by TheEnd

Honestly, I'm with Slize. I feel kind of cheated that IS didn't bother to just do all of FE3 to begin with, and instead, now we have to buy two games instead of one to complete the story. (Not that I bought Shadow Dragon anyway. *coughartstylecough*)

I'm glad that IS hasn't dropped Fire Emblem from their sights, but I doubt I'll be picking this up unless it's cheaper than or close to $20. (Similarly with Shadow Dragon.) Wake me up when we get a NEW FE game, please. (Guess I'll go back to sticking with hacks for now. At least they try to do different stuff.)

They can fit 4/5 Mario games on one cartridge more than a decade ago and even give them a graphical overhaul, but they have to rerelease them separately on the GBA? Oh, and the first two will only have their original versions rereleased?

I'd rather have two separate fully improved FE3 books than have one half-assed book 1 and 2 compilation, which is exactly what I'm getting here.

But I would've preferred them together, especially if it gave you the chance to do a transfer type thing. Although this way, they're getting much more money for the same thing, and I don't mind that if it keeps FE going.

EDIT: Apparently, it actually HASN'T been announced for sure that it won't have both books in it. Although if it does, I'll still be a little annoyed...

Edited by Slize

I guess this seems reasonable, since FE3 is a sequel to FE1.

I just hope that the improvments of FE, that we got up to FE10 is included in the game...

I'm sure the improvements would be on par with how they improved FESD with regards to the original...

hmm wikipedia still has nothing on this :huh:

I wonder if Athena, Ymir, Horace and the other gaiden characters will appear.

I'm sceptical over Frey, Norne and Nagi

I liked Book 2 a lot more than Book 1/Shadow Dragon for some reason so this is good news to me. Hopefully they won't nerf this Chiki by having her move like in Shadow Dragon. As much as I dislike it, I'm expecting Paola and Sirius to drop from being the best 2 characters =\.

EDIT: Apparently, it actually HASN'T been announced for sure that it won't have both books in it. Although if it does, I'll still be a little annoyed...

At this time it seems pointless to even consider that as a possibility >_>.

I dunno, part of me wants to feel cheated, since it wouldn't really be hard to put both this and the first remake on the same cartridge... But the game came out two years ago, I doubt they were intending to remake them both to begin with. Very glad we'll probably be getting all of FE11's new features, and probably some equally bitchin artwork of the new characters.

(Also, why were Marth's eyes covered the entire time in the trailer? Was he channeling Lowen?)

Haha, I predicted it. I request my $10 Mekkah. Screw Judgral. Still, I wonder what they're going to keep in tact. Barst goes on vacation in Book 2. :/

I'm sceptical over Frey, Norne and Nagi

Bro, I hate to tell you this, but...

...Frey's dead.

Edited by Colonel M

(Also, why were Marth's eyes covered the entire time in the trailer? Was he channeling Lowen?)

Animu badass pose.

You also have to keep in mind that the 3DS is about to come out at the end of the year, so rushing out a completely new FE would've been even more disasterous.

Either way, changes from Shadow Dragon that would make people who hated it shut up about FE3DS:

• Support conversations, even RD's support system would be good enough.
  • Better Gaiden requirements, but look for other solutions that don't make you feel forced to keep every unit alive.
  • Individual class sets for each character. Oh and individual character portraits for some of the classes too.
  • Replace plenty of the enemy units with ones that weren't in the original FE3 and make the weapon type spread more balanced. Then again FE3 was pretty balanced in that regard IIRC.
  • Optionally have the BS Fire Emblem chapters be as Gaiden chapters, and part of the EXP accumulated from there will go over to your party.
  • Trace over the units/use a better shading style/reduce the outlines/do something to improve the look of the sprites without ruining the subtlety and fluidity of the animations themselves.

With that being said, next to what is stated in my signature I'll state another prediction:

FE3DS will be what HG/SS is to Fire Emblem just like Shadow Dragon is FR/LG to it.

Place your bets on what I should do if one of them or neither will be wrong. :P

Either way, it makes me a little calmer that since IS specifically chose that for their 20th anniversary game Shadow Dragon ultimately had the better reception than Radiant Dawn.

Edited by Ike-Mike