Ticket System

Jyosua

I went through and closed a shitload of old tickets. Sorry for the delay to those of you that waited a long time with minimal or no response. In addition I'd just like to remind everybody that the ticket system is there, so don't forget to use it.

I think that the people who need to be reminded of the ticket system are the staff members, not everyone in general.

Because not responding to gems like "Is Joshua Dead" and suggesting everyone types "+1" to have us delete their post is such a problem.

I would have used it but I just assumed it'd be months before I'd see results, that's why I just decided to send pms to any mods that were online at the time.

Because not responding to gems like "Is Joshua Dead" and suggesting everyone types "+1" to have us delete their post is such a problem.

Hahahaha, oh god, that just made my day.

All tickets are visible unless they've been set to private, in which case only the creator and the staff may see it.

This is actually only half-true. Suggestions and Questions are always public unless we set them to private. Bugs are, by default, private.

Part of the reason this system was implemented was not to prevent non-staff from seeing the tickets, but to prevent non-staff from replying to points raised that were directed at the staff, anyway. In the old Suggestions forum, there used to be a shitload of topics that many non-staff members replied to before the staff could even glance at it. The problem with that was that non-staff members couldn't really do anything with it in the first place but voice their opinion. Now that's what the Member Feedback forum is for, and as one might notice, it appears that there aren't many topics that require the non-staff members to be involved.

Just to clear up why tickets aren't necessarily private.