Resource Allocation Topic

Read this and keep it in mind before you post

I'm starting this topic anew, because the last one...went awry, and discussion is once again leading to that in the tier list. So, as to keep the list itself from getting more clogged up, all resource discussion shall be discussed here.

In the old and long dead topic, I had put it up to see who was the best use. Now, just going to list the possibilities one could get from said resource. As for how strong those effects are depending on how you use them? Well, that's what's up for discussion, so let's get things started.

1-P Dracoshield is not too fought over because at the time, there's few people actually around on your team that puts it to significant use.

-Nolan: It provides us with a tankier Nolan early on, and has the future benefit of helping him avoid a 2RKO from the strongest tigers of 3-6.

-Volug: Similar reasons as Nolan.

-Miccy: So shes not ORKOd, allowing her to perform more often, earning her more EXP along with keeping our lordly mage from dying as easily.

1-2 Energy Drop has some distinct uses in part 1, and 3 people who could put it to good use. One who loves it, one who desperately needs it, and another who would like it but can live without it.

-Volug: He was already mauling, but it now lets him OHKO those fire mages that have been the bane of him, as he wasn't too found of their counters. Also helps on armors, for what it's worth.

-Eddie: On average by 1-3, allows him to wield a steel sword without being weighed down, boosting his offense by more than just +2 Str for that chapter. It allows him more capabilities in said chapter that allows him more access to experience which improves his performance next chapter, so it can boost his part 1 performance overall. He is also the earliest user, so it is the earliest benefit. Best benefit for part 1? Maybe not, since its Volug hes up against.

-Jill: Latest benefit, but in exchange she is no longer weighed down by her hand axe, boosting her countering and ranged player phase capabilities. Since she is one of the more viable part 3 and 4 units in the DB, it will see the longest use out of her, in exchange for having to save it up for a few more chapters.

1-3 Discipline. Not really craved for, but there are a few noteworthy uses for it.

Miccy: Purge, staffs, whatever.

1-4 Seraph Robe. Has it's uses, though it tends to benefit everyone equally, with the exception of one person...

-Nolan/Aran/Jill: They all benefit equally in a way, but a notable thing this gives over the Dracoshield is increased durability to magic as well. I suppose Jill appreciates it the most so that thunder mages don't annihilate her so easily.

-Miccy: Gives her more Sacrifice healing power, can help her avoid OHKOs, which also stacks greatly with Resolve, since her ability to always counter ensures that she can avoid being doubled, thus making her powerful magic a viable 1-shot counter without risking our lordly glass cannon's life.

Beastfoe. Obviously, this is just mainly for the DBs part 3, then you just toss it to whoever's going Tibarn's route to kill one of those laguz so that nothing gets in the way of Elincia and Tibarn raping Izuka. So, let's see who puts it to use in part 3 DB.

-Nolan: LOL, OHKO all laguz with a +5 Def giving Tarvos, ultimate lawn mower.

-Volug: S Strike and Resolve do wonders, and helps him get to SS Strike faster with kill WEXP bonuses.

-Jill: Well, she's at least got the Brave Axe and flying canto. She could give a hit-and-run OHKO. Problem is her accuracy with said weapon on these things. Tends to be low. Still, it helps her.

-Leo: If for some reason you're not giving it to one of the two above, he's at least got Crossbows to pull off something similar to what Nolan's doing, just not as often, and you have to trade in Lughnasahd and heal him so he doesn't get destroyed on enemy phase.

-Aran: Forged Steel Lance with this sucker attached and he at 20/1 and an offense support (let's say Leo), that's a demonic 68 might and climbing. The strongest of cats etch out of a OHKO by 1 HP, so if he levels up then they're gone too. Now, Cats doubling him is no longer an issue, and he does monsterous chip to tigers as well (he's doing at LEAST 48 damage). This OHKOs all but the mightiest tigers, and even THEN it's cutting close...However, that's a lot he needs when compared to Nolan and Jill. Still, impressive for a dude with only a forge and his manliness to aid him.

1-4 Master Seal can be used to early seal the high leveled Illyana for a boost of +2 HP, 3 Str, 1 Mag/Skl/Spd, 3 Def and 1 Res, 1 Move, wider magic spectrum (though I don't think various elements become available till later) and more Capacity for skills. You'll want to anyways, if you're wanting to smuggle more skills to the GM.

As for the 1-8 and 1-9 Master Seals that you find in the Bargains, Better Off Not Purchased.

All other master seals should just be used to promote tier 1 units at 1-E after a BEXP bump, or afterwards so that regardless they won't be screwed for part 3.

1-5 Spirit Dust. (Better Off Not Purchased) If you bothered to buy this thing, there's not much use you can put it to.

Miccy: Well, helps her chip, anything she was shaky on OHKOing with Thani is now a definite, but that's about it.

Illyana: More potent crits?

Tormod: Cause he's a mage who doubles this early? Still problematic when all he needs is a forge to destroy anything that he sees. What, gonna give him this to help his lulzy part 4 performance?

1-5 Arms Scroll. (Better Off Not Purchased) Lol, no, but fine I'll humor you.

Miccy: So you don't have to bother with Discipline, so she can put better skills to use.

1-6 Renewal. Not a heavily fought over skill, give it to whoever. However, Volug probably is the best cantidate for it, since I recall this is HP% based, and he has the most health on the team.

1-6 Arms Scroll. (Better Off Sold) Same as the last, though you get this one for free so you can sell it, or just let Miccy eat it.

Hammer You can't commit murmaider without it. Anyways, this is a pretty awesome weapon, despite it's crap accuracy, since more often than not this is gonna OHKO armors. By now, you only got 2 possible cantidates, Nolan and Jill. Jill can fly, but Nolan is more assured to land a OHKO with slightly better Str by then, along with an Eddie support giving him more Acc to work with (Nolan's 38+5 base Acc vs Jill's base 36). Depending on the situation, it could go one or the other (Jill can reach them easier, like with 1-7's stairwell, Nolan is mroe likely to land a kill both with power and acc).

However, you are going to want to ship it to the mercs. DB part 3 consists mainly of laguz, the GM have to face quite a healthy amount of generals. Titania and Haar will love you for it.

1-7 Secret Book and Arms Scroll. (Better OFF Not Purchased) By now if you're buying all the stat boosters, it's probably eating up most of your budget which means less forging. But if you're gonna bother, I can only imagine someone in the GM wanting the book as to better BEXP abuse. Arms scroll, considering you just got a free one, would be a stupid purchase.

Brave Sword Generally could be used in tandem with Zihark using Adept, or letting Eddie have dual Wrath/Cancel opportunities before a counter. As part 3 rolls along, you then ship it to the mercs, as Ike can ORKO generals with it. DB won't be too broken up about it. Eddie will have several options, and Zihark...Errrr, he's got double Earth with Volug.

1-8 Ashera Icon. Aran might want it.

1-8 Arms Scroll. Hey look, more free money!

1-8 Angel Robe basically goes to whoever you didn't give the last one to that could use it.

1-8 Wyrmslayer (Better Off Shipped) You might want to buy this to ship over to the mercs, so Ike and Mia don't have to squabble over the one they have access to. Allows them for more wyvern smashing, as the DB at best only has to fight one of them, and the closest dude to fight it is most likely Tormod/Muarim. Needless to say, they won't need help accomplishing that mission.

1-9 Statue Frag and Arms Scroll. (Better Off Not Purchased) Durrrrr, I'mma buy the two most useless stat boosters, one of which is so numerous that it's hilarious.

1-E Speedwings (Better Off Shipped)It honestly is better off going to the GMs, because part 3 DB is very little contribution time with said resource, and most likely not even put to that great of use aside from helping someone avoid being doubled by cats (non-Beastfoe Aran). That's a very crappy use of the Speedwings, so just let the mercs take care of this wing.

1-E Parity

Chances are you wont actually need this until Endgame, and you will have many choices on who to slap it on as to avoid having to deal mastery skills from bosses. Best used on supportless units as they have no support bonuses that Parity would cancel out, along with Aura's counter-damage ability. Giffca comes to mind.

It does have a unique use in fighting Ike in 3-13 though, as it helps ignore Ike's lol3 Authority Stars, and can help bust Ike if he has skills equipped, and generally making fighting him easier, which helps end the chapter faster. Give it to whoever's got the guts to fight Ike.

1-E Vantage

Vantage is a rather unreliable skill, but it's better put to use than not. Give it to whoever has Beastfoe so they can avoid a counter while getting a free kill when it activates (So Nolan/Volug/Jill).

Could also go to the GM. Neph might like it for the occasional Wrath-Vantage kill.

There's part 1 resources. Wasn't sure what to say about Master Seals, just that I know Illyana wants one if she wants to smuggle more skills to the GM. That is, if she needs to smuggle that many skills.

Will put Part 2 stat ups when it gets discussed a but more, cause Part 2 has a lot of free ones, I'm not 100% certain on the use of all of them, and I'm concerned i won't be able to fit it in this post.

EDIT: Fixed some errors, bolded sections so that it's easier to read and skim through.

Part 1 People's Skills

Part 2 Resources

Shipped Resources for Part 3 GM

Part 3 Natural Resources

Part 3 People's Skills

Part 4 Natural Resources and People's Skills

Will edit bits in each post depending on how argued, as to have a more agreed upon outlook. All posts for future Parts resources and skills shall be added here as to reduce the need to go scouring through the topic as it grows.

Edited by Master Tang
sorry GJ. Added something to topic title. Hope you don't disagree.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soren: You could always buy this for all purpose to ship to the mercs as to give to Soren, instantly capping his magic so that he is easier to BEXP abuse in turn with a Secret Book. Not like either would necessarily be wasted on him, and the book is also not in demand, you get a free one part 2...Still, you're better off just not bothering.

LOL Why would....Nah he doesnt need that. If you are using him (especially with transfers) hes capping magic anyway. He could use the Speedwing maybe.

Energy drops...Jill, yes. Especially early on. If you bothering with laguz at all, Lyre or Lethe could use them. If you bother with Fiona, she should get it. (along with that secret book.)

Micaiah usually ends up with a speedwing. Ilyana could use one too.

What about Leo's Dracoshield? Who do you give that to?

He forgot about it, clearly. Just like the 1-8 robe from Rafiel. And since he mentioned Discipline, I think he should go through all the skills (including, but not limited to, Leo's Cancel, Ed's Wrath, Zihark's Adept, Meg's Fortune).

LOL Why would....Nah he doesnt need that. If you are using him (especially with transfers) hes capping magic anyway. He could use the Speedwing maybe.

Problem with the wings is that he's an incredibly shitty cantidate with it. At least the Spirit Dust actually has some effects, and if BEXPd, he will grow speed enough to cap his speed by the time a crown becomes available. He'd have 25 AS, which is at least usable before part 4. This is overall a better way around his speed problem with the team, as he would still need an early crown with the wing, so it's taking two resources that other units put far better use to just to have 1 when we could have two. He does not outperform two untis.

Energy drops...Jill, yes. Especially early on. If you bothering with laguz at all, Lyre or Lethe could use them. If you bother with Fiona, she should get it. (along with that secret book.)

Lethe's got other options that doesn't invovle taking from the early part 1 performance of Jill/Eddie/Volug.

Lol Lyre and Fiona.

Micaiah usually ends up with a speedwing. Ilyana could use one too.

What good would it do? Michaiah's never doubling unless you got insanely speed blessed, and Illyana gets to use it in part 3, where her speed will never become satisfactory. You might as well sell it if that's what you're doing.

WHOOPS, forgot about that. Will edit first post.

EDIT: Also, good point on People's skills. I'll do that next post before moving on to Part 2.

Edited first post to include Leo's Dracoshield and Rafiel's Angel Robe.

Edited by Master Tang

I don't know why you'd even consider giving Micaiah an Arms Scroll so early. She doesn't need it for anything until 4-E where she might need the staff boost. Thani will carry her until then (and possibly through) and C Staves allows for Physic automatically. You mentioned Purge, but she should easily have B Light by 3-13 if you ask me. Much better sold for 4k.

To be fair, Red Fox, I did say that you might as well sell them, but if you're gonna bother? Miccys the only one I could imagine, outside of maybe Aran if he wants to use the Silver Lance that badly.

Now for People's Skills.

Sothe's Guard

Might as well besold, but 500 gold is money you use to buy a bag of chips. Sothe might as well keep it. If it can prevent Miccy from dying, I guess it helps when it chips in. Could give our Robe/Shild/Resolve Micc an extra enemy phase, but nowhere near reliable. Might as well keep on Sothe.

Nolan's Nihil

It's another skill that won't see much use (until later anyways), but you might as well keep it on him (again, for later), or at least keep. It helps if Ike has any sort of skill attached to him for 3-13 (for whoever it is you're sending in to take him out, if they canfit it), or for the bosses of Endgame.

Leo's Cancel

There are plenty of uses for this. Nolan could use it for more durability since it would prevent player phase counters on occasion. Problem is, his accuracy would play more into this thing activating, since it cant activate if the attack whiffs. Same goes with Aran, though he could use it enemy phase to occasionally prevent those that double him from landing another hit.

Generally, you give it to high skill units who can double for more player phase. Volug would love to avoid counters so he can murder more without having to heal, Jill as well, there's Zihark, but then there's Eddie...

Eddie's Wrath

I honestly think it should stay on him, and I'll explain why. Since it's natural on him, it means it takes up no space, while it would for anyone else. If you're gonna give him the Energy Drop, it also gives him +6 power on the crit, since with the 50 and doubling he would be landing crits more often than most. With the 50 crits helping to avoid a counter half the time, Cancel can stack on to this, along with a Killer Edge. Using Herbs, Vulneries, and smart placement, a Killer Wrath most likely is going to kill something, and gives him more ability on player phase in tandem with Cancel.

He's also the only one in the DB who can equip both Wrath AND Resolve at tier 2, since Wrath comes natural (in fact, the only others are Nephenee and Skrimir). Average he has 21 Skill and 21 Speed at 20/1 (or earlier if you promote at 18/1). Resolve gives another 5 Crit, stack that with the natural 10 he has, add another 10 for Swordmaster crit, +50 from Wrath with Caladbolg's +5 is 80 crit before Luck, 105 with Killer Edge. 31 Speed, 16 Luck is 78 base, +8 Luck from Caladbolg is 86, +22 from Nolan is 108. 28-34 displayed on him before terrain and bio. You can even still have Cancel since he has enough room, so that's 31% Cancel activation.

...HOWEVER, msot are probably more likely to put it on Miccy. Which is perfectly fine, but Ill get to her in a sec.

You could also give it to Leo for part 3, since he gets similar crit madness at tier 2 if you're using him seriously, allowing him to be pretty killer without needing Beastfoe.

Illyana's Shade

Give it to whoever wants to avoid being attacked. Illyna's already a good cantidate for that, as is Non-Resolve Michaiah, Leo, and Laura.

Meg's Fortune

You could hold on to it to ship to the GM, because Haar would LOVE not facing crit from thunder mages. He can deal with the damage, but he doesn't want to get insta-blicked. Hell, for all the crit part 3 GMs have to face, they just want it in general.

Or you could sell it, but all that does is buy a forge a chapter earlier. When compared to the GMs getting critblicked? Might not be worth it.

Zihark's Adept

He'd probably want to keep it, since no one comes close to his activation rate except for maybe Sothe, and I'd still say Zihark uses it better. It also comes natural to him, so he can also stack skills with it.

It's also an option to give it to Volug, or shipping it to the GMs. They'd love another Adept.

Tauroneo's Resolve

Only Zihark, Sothe, Volug and Miccy ccan equip this tier 1. Miccy gets to resolve health far easier then, and since she counters it means she can always avoid being doubled unless you're stupid enough to have her attack at melee range on player phase. This is why I say she'd prefer it over Wrath. While she doesn't coinflip kill, she chips more often than she used to, which ovrall means softer units to kill. It also helps significantly in 1-9, allowing her to turn that into an EXP playground. That makes up for less overall kill exp.

For 1-E, could go to Volug as to allow him to double all things (which helps build his strike rank), boost his avoid. Zihark already doubles, but it stacks with Cancel and his natural Adept, making him more of an offensive machine, while also boosting his considerable crit.

Part 3, could jump to Wrath Eddie or to Volug/Zihark

Fiona's Imbue and Savior

Imbue goes to Zihark since he has the highest magic, and later can be rearranged to higher magic units. Savior mainly should just be shipped over to the GM for Haar to transport Ike without speed lost.

Tormod's Celerity

I'm not entirely sure, but you certainly don't want Tormod to keep it. I'd probably say ship it to the GM. If anyone's got better ideas for it's use in part 1...

Nailah's Pass and Guard

Probably should keep Pass to destroy 1-E and Guard should just...be sold for 500 gold?

Volug's Howl andVika's Shriek

Just take them off and sell them. Their activation rates are bad, situational, and their effects are none too helpful. You might as well get the cash off of them.

There's Part 1 People's Skills.

Edited by Master Tang

first off i wanna say thanks for making this thread cause i was just thinking today why do i get all these stat boosters and i dont even know what to do with them, i often hord them all till 4-E and give them to people who dont really need them. but i've got a question, is it in order of who to give it to that you get most out of, like you have Nolan THEN miciah for leos dracoshield so does that mean nolan is better cantidate for it? and if thats the case for the energy drop i would say edward needs it much more than volug, because edward is such a hard character to use on HM he at least needs a couple more str and a steel sword so it has double use like you said, and i would also say jill could use it more, since all volug gets out of it is ability to OHKO fire mages, which someone else, like jill, can take out for him. however that is only if your using jill/eddy

first off i wanna say thanks for making this thread cause i was just thinking today why do i get all these stat boosters and i dont even know what to do with them, i often hord them all till 4-E and give them to people who dont really need them. but i've got a question, is it in order of who to give it to that you get most out of, like you have Nolan THEN miciah for leos dracoshield so does that mean nolan is better cantidate for it? and if thats the case for the energy drop i would say edward needs it much more than volug, because edward is such a hard character to use on HM he at least needs a couple more str and a steel sword so it has double use like you said, and i would also say jill could use it more, since all volug gets out of it is ability to OHKO fire mages, which someone else, like jill, can take out for him. however that is only if your using jill/eddy

The way I list them is of no particular order of best to worst, I just put them up to make note of the more notable ways to use these things.

As for the energy drops, the problem with that line of thought is that it's pretty much the only thing seperating Volug from god mode in part 1. OHKOing your only weakness when you absolutely devastate everything else is a good thing.Just because it helps out Eddie and Jill considerably does not mean Volug isn't putting it to good of use.

Jill as well,

Yeah. Cancel tends to make Jill into Haar Jr. after a while.

I'd probably say ship it to the GM. If anyone's got better ideas for it's use in part 1...

Yeah. That skill is not to be kept on Tormod. I usually give it to the GMs. If im playing for the special ending, it goes on Soren. Also because it helps him keep up with the team. For Part 1, sometimes i give it to someone like Nolan or Zihark, mostly so they can get a move on in 1-8 to get to killing those jerks that try to kill the prisoners.

Sothe CAN make use of Pass but its not really necessary. I usually end up selling that or holding it for some reason or another.

Well, you could use Leo's Dracoshield on Edward if you really want to. I dunno. Most of the time, i dont use that very much.

LOL Meg's fortune. Yeah thats good money right there.

Eddie's Wrath

I honestly think it should stay on him, and I'll explain why. Since it's natural on him, it means it takes up no space, while it would for anyone else. If you're gonna give him the Energy Drop, it also gives him +6 power on the crit, since with the 50 and doubling he would be landing crits more often than most. With the 50 crits helping to avoid a counter half the time, Cancel can stack on to this, along with a Killer Edge. Using Herbs, Vulneries, and smart placement, a Killer Wrath most likely is going to kill something, and gives him more ability on player phase in tandem with Cancel.

He's also the only one in the DB who can equip both Wrath AND Resolve at tier 2, since Wrath comes natural (in fact, the only others are Nephenee and Skrimir). Average he has 21 Skill and 21 Speed at 20/1 (or earlier if you promote at 18/1). Resolve gives another 5 Crit, stack that with the natural 10 he has, add another 10 for Swordmaster crit, +50 from Wrath with Caladbolg's +5 is 80 crit before Luck, 105 with Killer Edge. 31 Speed, 16 Luck is 78 base, +8 Luck from Caladbolg is 86, +22 from Nolan is 108. 28-34 displayed on him before terrain and bio. You can even still have Cancel since he has enough room, so that's 31% Cancel activation.

...HOWEVER, msot are probably more likely to put it on Miccy. Which is perfectly fine, but Ill get to her in a sec.

This is only remotely true if you're using Eddie in the first place, and generally long-term use of Eddie is not worth it.

Zihark's Adept

He'd probably want to keep it, since no one comes close to his activation rate except for maybe Sothe, and I'd still say Zihark uses it better. It also comes natural to him, so he can also stack skills with it.

Best option would be to remove it from Zihark before 1-E and transfer it to the GMs.

Tormod's Celerity

I'm not entirely sure, but you certainly don't want Tormod to keep it. I'd probably say ship it to the GM. If anyone's got better ideas for it's use in part 1...

Give it to Sothe on 1-8 to reach the boss faster. That is, if you can take it off in the first place.

Nailah's Pass and Guard

Probably should keep Pass to destroy 1-E and Guard should just...be sold for 500 gold?

I would honestly ship Pass to the GMs as well.

Oh, also, Volug is a top contender for Leo's Dracoshield. 22 base def on 3-6 allows him to survive 2 39 atk tigers and a 31 atk cat. If he manages to proc def, have +1 def from supports, or reach 52 HP, he actually manages to survive 3 39 atk tigers. Also, in 1-E, 49 HP, 17 def gives Volug more freedom than 49 HP, 14 def.

Edited by dondon151

The way I list them is of no particular order of best to worst, I just put them up to make note of the more notable ways to use these things.

As for the energy drops, the problem with that line of thought is that it's pretty much the only thing seperating Volug from god mode in part 1. OHKOing your only weakness when you absolutely devastate everything else is a good thing.Just because it helps out Eddie and Jill considerably does not mean Volug isn't putting it to good of use.

yes i see your point, you can help out a couple characters who will get a lot of levels or help out a character who wont level much and turn him into a complete god and that is pretty fun thing to do.

also i saw people talking about pass, i like using it on shinnon with his provoke, this can be really dumb to keep provoke on shinnon and could hurt your turn count but makes sure no other bad units take attacks, and with pass he cannot be trapt in.

IMO imbue should go to Tauroneo (Tauroneo's 12 magic vs Zihark's 6). Even though he has less availability than Zihark he makes better use of it. Examples are on 3-12 he could go down on the ledge and block incomming enemies while healing near to all damage taken thus allowing him to get exp and ensuring that part of the map is secured. Tauroneo can also take a spot along with two other people to block the tigers and cats approaching and heal the damage taken by the cats and tigers thus making one less person to heal while gaining exp. During part 4 he can still hold a spot and heal most of his damage without worrying much about him dying.

If Zihark were to use imbue he would still need healing considering how his class has quite low defense and rely more on avoid he would take more damage if hit than Tauroneo, therefore imbue would heal a negligable amount and ends up using up a turn for a healer that could've heal another person, or using up a turn for himself due to using a vulenary instead of attacking. Basically saying that, Tauroneo can heal near or all his damage taken with imbue while Zihark would still need a heal since the amount healed from imbue doesn't make up for the damage he took. . Though giving imbue tothe GM would probably be better.

This is only remotely true if you're using Eddie in the first place, and generally long-term use of Eddie is not worth it.

If only because his part 3 is shaky, bu I suppose arguing with me on this is futile, since I can never seem to not be an Eddie fan.

This is why I'm barred from all discussions on Eddie.

Best option would be to remove it from Zihark before 1-E and transfer it to the GMs.

I dunno. 3-6 doesn't seem all too dependent on enemy phase defense, though I'm not entirely sure on 3-12. As for 3-13, you can just block off points on the map, and he can take a ranged sword to fire down a ledge, so he doesn't have to worry about an accidental crit-kill getting him killed.

But, I suppose regardless, he doesn't need Adept to fish for EXP, does he?

Give it to Sothe on 1-8 to reach the boss faster. That is, if you can take it off in the first place.

I am pretty sure you can...I think.

I would honestly ship Pass to the GMs as well.

When would they ever need it? By the time they do, they can just take Heather's, since I'm positive that Haar's the only one who cares. As far as I can tell, it would simply be superficial on them compared to how much simpler it makes 1-E when packed on Nailah.

Oh, also, Volug is a top contender for Leo's Dracoshield. 22 base def on 3-6 allows him to survive 2 39 atk tigers and a 31 atk cat. If he manages to proc def, have +1 def from supports, or reach 52 HP, he actually manages to survive 3 39 atk tigers. Also, in 1-E, 49 HP, 17 def gives Volug more freedom than 49 HP, 14 def.

I say let him resort to his abs of steel, but I suppose that's a true fact you state (though I wouldn't say he's top contender since for the most of part 1, his survivability is never an issue. I'd even say that for chapter 1-E. Great contender? Of course, he's Volug. But come on...).

@Generic Officer: When you say Tauroneo, do you mean in part 3? Because he vanishes before you can slap it on him in part 1. Until then, goes to Zihark.

Edited by Master Tang

@Generic Officer: When you say Tauroneo, do you mean in part 3? Because he vanishes before you can slap it on him in part 1. Until then, goes to Zihark.

Ah yeah I did, my fault. Sorry about that.

IIRC, Nailah doesn't have innate pass.

This is correct. The Pass in question is acquired from a base conversation in 1-9 from Jill.

You can after 1-7.

I dunno. 3-6 doesn't seem all too dependent on enemy phase defense, though I'm not entirely sure on 3-12. As for 3-13, you can just block off points on the map, and he can take a ranged sword to fire down a ledge, so he doesn't have to worry about an accidental crit-kill getting him killed.

But, I suppose regardless, he doesn't need Adept to fish for EXP, does he?

Adept increases Zihark's chances at getting himself killed on 3-6. Furthermore, none of the part 3 DB maps are offense-reliant to the point where leaving Adept on a DB member for those 3 chapters yields greater returns than giving Adept to a GM member for 9 chapters. Instead of Mia and Nephenee competing for >45% chance to convert a 3HKO into a ORKO, they can both have their cake and eat it. Or I guess if you're not using either of them, then you can give it to like Boyd for a much lower chance at converting a 2HKO into a ORKO.

When would they ever need it? By the time they do, they can just take Heather's, since I'm positive that Haar's the only one who cares. As far as I can tell, it would simply be superficial on them compared to how much simpler it makes 1-E when packed on Nailah.

The bridge chapter comes to mind, but I suppose you're right. 3-4 (?) comes to mind as well with the ledges, but Haar can fly around them and someone else can take Pass.

I say let him resort to his abs of steel, but I suppose that's a true fact you state (though I wouldn't say he's top contender since for the most of part 1, his survivability is never an issue. I'd even say that for chapter 1-E. Great contender? Of course, he's Volug. But come on...).

I've had Volug die on me before in 1-E. He's like 4HKO'd by soldiers, and given that he's one of two units that you have with 9 move, that's a pretty big deal. As for 3-6, it gives a larger margin of error when using him to face large quantities on enemy laguz. If you choose to run Resolve + Beastfoe, 1 cat + 1 tiger puts him in Resolve range, but he's still 2HKO'd from there. If he gets an earth support, he faces like 10-20 hit; if he gets a +def support he faces like 7 more hit but in exchange can get hit into Resolve range by 2 39 atk tigers and still survive a third one.

I'm sure you're well aware that resource distribution in FE generally favors superior units over inferior ones. This case here is no exception.

Wow. You forgot Paragon of all things. I don't care enough to think about whether you missed any other important things.

Oh, and you aren't barred from Eddie discussion. At least, I'm always amused by it.

Adept increases Zihark's chances at getting himself killed on 3-6. Furthermore, none of the part 3 DB maps are offense-reliant to the point where leaving Adept on a DB member for those 3 chapters yields greater returns than giving Adept to a GM member for 9 chapters. Instead of Mia and Nephenee competing for >45% chance to convert a 3HKO into a ORKO, they can both have their cake and eat it. Or I guess if you're not using either of them, then you can give it to like Boyd for a much lower chance at converting a 2HKO into a ORKO.

3-6 I can actually say that there is a possibility to an offensive strategy, but for the rest of DB part 3? Yeah, you'd be right, so fine. Could go to the GM.

I've had Volug die on me before in 1-E. He's like 4HKO'd by soldiers, and given that he's one of two units that you have with 9 move, that's a pretty big deal. As for 3-6, it gives a larger margin of error when using him to face large quantities on enemy laguz. If you choose to run Resolve + Beastfoe, 1 cat + 1 tiger puts him in Resolve range, but he's still 2HKO'd from there. If he gets an earth support, he faces like 10-20 hit; if he gets a +def support he faces like 7 more hit but in exchange can get hit into Resolve range by 2 39 atk tigers and still survive a third one.

I'm sure you're well aware that resource distribution in FE generally favors superior units over inferior ones. This case here is no exception.

You're right, thus I would say that the shield could go to Nolan for earlier use, and he could put it to good use later in part 3 as well (Only needs Beastfoe, 14+2+2+5=23 Def, 5 more Def than Volug as to help make up for Volug's 11 HP lead. Nolan could survive the same with the 40 might tigers, cats doing between 0-9 damage compared to Volug taking 4-15 damage, a shield changing it to 2-12. Volug's 49 HP compared to Nolan's 37, they'd have virtually the same durability. Difference being A. Nolan's not hogging Resolve since he can just OHKO them, and B. Nolan's leveling faster, so he can get to more durability sooner.

If I get that in exchange for Volug having to take a Concoction during a map where Nailah's doing the heavy lifting anyways and I got the Black friggin' Knight, then that's Volug's problem.

As for Paragon, most people are just gonna give it to the person they think deserves it most on their team. Paragon is a hard skill to just dictate.

does anyone use stat-boosters like I do?

I usually don't use the boosters at all, just save them up to the end and then look who needs them most at endgame. this way more characters can completely cap everything.

it might make the first chapters more challenging, but I only care about the end~

1-2 Dracoshield cannot go to Micaiah. She has 18.6HP, 3.8DEF and 10.15SPD at level 10. Of the enemies in 1-7, all but Armours, Mages and the odd 13AS Fighter double her cleanly, so obviously the Dracoshield doesn't save her from any of those. It doesn't help her against the Mages, even Hand Axe Fighters have 26ATK which still OHKOes her with the Draco, so the only benefit from the Draco is saving her from OHKOes from a handful of Armours that don't even move. So even with the Draco, she can't be safely exposed.

Does anyone want to discuss the possibility of the Dracoshield going to Volug or Jill or Edward? I don't really know what Jill can do with the Draco, to be honest, I'd rather just give her the robe and forget about her.

As for Paragon, most people are just gonna give it to the person they think deserves it most on their team. Paragon is a hard skill to just dictate.

Yet one character will make best use of it, even if people misuse it. And it's not hard to figure out who makes the best use of Paragon:

-Low-levelled characters or characters that are near their promotion

-Characters with high growths, or characters that are highly borderline on doubling

Edited by Anouleth

does anyone use stat-boosters like I do?

I usually don't use the boosters at all, just save them up to the end and then look who needs them most at endgame. this way more characters can completely cap everything.

it might make the first chapters more challenging, but I only care about the end~

yeah i've done that because i don't know what to do with them sometimes but, is that really helpful at all? give your level 15 neph who is one a away from capping str an energy drop? its just not that helpful.

Does anyone want to discuss the possibility of the Dracoshield going to Volug or Jill or Edward? I don't really know what Jill can do with the Draco, to be honest, I'd rather just give her the robe and forget about her.

As pointed out, you forgot Nolan.

As for Eddie, might sound strange, but I don't think he would want durability stat boosters, as to better abuse Wrath.

Yet one character will make best use of it, even if people misuse it. And it's not hard to figure out who makes the best use of Paragon:

-Low-levelled characters or characters that are near their promotion

-Characters with high growths, or characters that are highly borderline on doubling

-People without the capacity, the only person in this category is Michaiah.

-Borderline doubling? Only person who's not clear cut is either Volug who still gains pisspoor EXP and Sothe late in part 1.

Edited by Master Tang

GJ, this thread is turning into a bit of a mess. The value of discussion of stat boosters is not going to be high if newbies who aren't participating in the discussion are not able to find the information in the first place. I think that you ought to be cross-linking things (there's no indication in the OP as to where to find the distribution for skills), and the possibilities for multiple characters in terms of a single booster should be listed in order of priority (AKA let's not suggest that Micaiah is #1 for the 1-4 Seraph Robe, please and thank you).

Also:

1-3 Discipline. Not really craved for, but there are a few noteworthy uses for it. [...] Aran: Depends on if you REALLY REALLY care for use of Taur's silver lance in part 1.

Goddammit, just let this shit die already. The only people who argued for this were smash and Paperblade, implication here being that they did it just to be contrarians, as usual.

It's a seriously dumb idea that falls apart upon even a cursory examination. Consider that Aran starts needing 150 WEXP to get to A-rank for Silver, and that his best option for WEXP (Steel Lance, 3/6 per hit, 25 hits to A) is a terrible weapon for efficient play, since it's both weaker and less accurate than an Iron Lance forge (which gives him 2/4, ~38 hits). Now consider that Aran can't even use Discipline in 1-3, and that leaves him only five chapters with the skill in order to bank some serious WEXP. Keep following along here, and now notice how two of those chapters are entirely superfluous for skilling up. There's no way in hell that Aran is going to want to use a 13/80 mt/HIT Silver Lance against Jarod's authority stars when he can get 15/105 from a Steel Lance forge, and so therefore if he doesn't have A rank by the start of 1-8, it doesn't even matter.

But hey, the Silver Lance is a shitty weapon to begin with, since the only advantage it has over an Iron forge is +1 mt (and it's up to 30 HIT behind, durr hurr).

Let us please consign this dumbshit Aran Hail Mary to to dustbin of history, where it belongs, alongside smash's genius idea to give Aran a Seraph Robe in 1-4's base (perhaps we teleport it out of the chest). Aran is a mediocre unit in Hard Mode, on this reasonable people can agree.

Edited by Interceptor

You're right, thus I would say that the shield could go to Nolan for earlier use, and he could put it to good use later in part 3 as well (Only needs Beastfoe, 14+2+2+5=23 Def, 5 more Def than Volug as to help make up for Volug's 11 HP lead. Nolan could survive the same with the 40 might tigers, cats doing between 0-9 damage compared to Volug taking 4-15 damage, a shield changing it to 2-12. Volug's 49 HP compared to Nolan's 37, they'd have virtually the same durability. Difference being A. Nolan's not hogging Resolve since he can just OHKO them, and B. Nolan's leveling faster, so he can get to more durability sooner.

First of all, Volug doesn't need Resolve for the purpose of scoring ORKOs; he wants it to become a defensive juggernaut when under half HP because not only will he be facing hit rates in the 10-20s, he'll also still be 2HKO'd generally when under half HP. The only KOs that Resolve achieves are against 22 AS cats, and that's only if Volug doesn't proc spd over the course of the chapter, or else he'll double them too. Or, you can give him Beastfoe, which gives him 64 atk with S strike (68 after an Energy Drop), cleanly OHKOing all cats and actually a few tigers if he got an Energy Drop. But I would not give him Beastfoe because OHKOing enemies, while cool, isn't going to help him build strike level. Volug is one of the only DB units that I'd consider putting Adept on, because it helps him achieve ORKOs when not Resolve'd on 22 AS cats and it generally helps him achieve ORKOs on tigers (40 atk after Energy Drop and S strike 3HKOs).